Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They arent.. thats the point.. Make it more difficult for people to earn money, thus pushing everyone onto a government plan..
Conspiracy theories with zero evidence to back your claim.

In other words, same ole same ole.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Some of us went to the site today because our coverage is being cancelled thanks to obama care!
That would be thanks to your greedy employer. Any way to make a dime at your expense. But we worship at their altar, yes?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Stone them! Oh no a Republican just got laid off! Ewwww you are lowlife now. Shun them!
Yep, I was democrat and thought like you losers at one time. It GOT ME NO WHERE! It was when I understood conservative values and lived my life accordingly that my life changed for the better... Much MUCH better.

So yes, maybe a stone might KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO YOU TOO.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
When there are more takers emtying the cookie jar than those filling it, you have another program like Medicare and Social Security that is $35 Trillion(At least) dollars each, behind in unfunded liabilities!!
Medicare was established almost 50 years ago. Since inception, it needed a subsidy from general revenues/deficit spending. The first Medicare card was issued to former president Truman who had not paid a dime into it and had no financial hardship. Hundreds of millions followed.

Payroll taxes earmarked for Medicare were never pegged to the cost of Medicare, let alone inflation.

Medicare part D, prescription drug, ( A Republican initiative) became law in 2003, just 7 years before the first baby boomers began to turn 65 at a rate of 10,000 a day. No cut to government spending offset the new benefit. No increase in payroll taxes offset the benefit. Congress rewarded the Big Pharma lobby and refused to allow Medicare to negotiate the price of prescription medications. Instead, it's all deficit spending.

All along, Congress has put their own best interests before those of the country.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
All you republicans are the same: Your tax credits are "earned" but everybody is a mooch.

What a fantasy world you all live in.

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh look at the grubber. He's so damn excited about getting yet another handout. ROFLMAO.
There are no direct taxes to you unless you have investment income and earn over $200k. Does that apply to you?

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
I've been hearing about the jammed up sites all day on the radio. I'll bet the Teapublicans are heading to their physicians/pharmacies for Kaopectate.

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

I already sourced my claim, I'm sorry its difficult for you to follow along with the thread like other adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
That would be thanks to your greedy employer. Any way to make a dime at your expense. But we worship at their altar, yes?
And here we have it ladies and gentlement.. The liberal answer.. Government isnt greedy by taxing people trillions of dollars, but businesses, who are expected to earn a profit, thus to pay taxes, are greedy because they have to compete in the environment setup by government..

As if you're somehow entitled to crap...

As I said, you guys can keep talking because the more you talk, the easier it is to show everyone the menality of the lefties who think everything is yours, but you cant seem to answer one basic answer..

HOW IS IT PAID FOR...

Odd, you couldnt answer that question before, but now you expect businesses to pay for it, without telling us where the money is coming from..

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Medicare was established almost 50 years ago. Since inception, it needed a subsidy from general revenues/deficit spending. The first Medicare card was issued to former president Truman who had not paid a dime into it and had no financial hardship. Hundreds of millions followed.

Payroll taxes earmarked for Medicare were never pegged to the cost of Medicare, let alone inflation.

Medicare part D, prescription drug, ( A Republican initiative) became law in 2003, just 7 years before the first baby boomers began to turn 65 at a rate of 10,000 a day. No cut to government spending offset the new benefit. No increase in payroll taxes offset the benefit. Congress rewarded the Big Pharma lobby and refused to allow Medicare to negotiate the price of prescription medications. Instead, it's all deficit spending.

All along, Congress has put their own best interests before those of the country.

Social Security won't be there for me EVEN THOUGH I PAID INTO IT. See how the government runs things.

Maybe the money won't be there for the losers when they need healthcare.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

Its not a conspiracy theory to try to understand how financially strapped families will just come up with (or dare I say, save up) $2k extra to pay for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies