Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times

Advertisements

If they wanted to more aptly name this bill they should have called it the "Screw the Middle Class ACT" because that is exactly what it does. There are not enough illegal aliens and deadbeats in this country to allow the Dems to get away with this. Once the middle class starts feeling the hurt brought on by this law there will most certainly be a day of reckoning for the Dems.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
here is a link to an Obamacare calculator that tells you what you'd be eligible for and the costs.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

I entered in the info for my family. we currently have helath insurance through my wife's employer which costs roughly 5000 a year. Under Obamacare we'd be eleigible in the state of NH for a plan costing 9500 per year and since we make too much money would not receive a tax credit.

Sooner or later the middle class is going to find out that the only thing Obamacare is going to do to them is screw them and it aint gonna be pretty for the people who devised this plan and forced it upon us.
How does you recieving health coverage from your wife, does ACA "screw" you...better said, your wife?

Old 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

YES ITS FREE!!!!

Well hell, they should create a program like this for houses, and cars, and food, and my gosh, even vacations...
Great idea. I am sure this is the way to go on the next election. Your leaderships at your district are listen.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
You can't really get a good number from the Kaiser site. It is too general. When you use the real McCoy at healthcare.gov, you get dozens of options from several different companies - at least in my state. However, there are millions trying to get on to healthcare.gov and it is really slow going. It does not crash today, but puts you "on hold" for a long, long time between screens. Best to wait for a week or so.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Well first off it is important to understand that when this bill was being crafted, there was this feeling that people were going to be forced off of their employer provided health insurance, to assuage those dumb fears, it was written into the law to prevent people who have employer provided health insurance from leaving unless their employer insurance costs more than 9.25% of income.

More important, your family is getting a subsidy right now for health insurance.

The subsidies in the health care act operate on the same basis that exists for government subsidies for employer provided health insurance that your family currently enjoys.

So if as a society we can't afford these subsidies for health insurance purchased in the insurance exchanges then why does any one deserve a subsidy for their employer provided insurance?

Why? I'll tell you why. My wife and I are actually citizens, work for a living and pay into the system. None of these things are true of those who will benefit from Obamacare. None!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
here is a link to an Obamacare calculator that tells you what you'd be eligible for and the costs.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

I entered in the info for my family. we currently have helath insurance through my wife's employer which costs roughly 5000 a year. Under Obamacare we'd be eleigible in the state of NH for a plan costing 9500 per year and since we make too much money would not receive a tax credit.

Sooner or later the middle class is going to find out that the only thing Obamacare is going to do to them is screw them and it aint gonna be pretty for the people who devised this plan and forced it upon us.
Does that $5000 per year include your wife's employer's contribution?

Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How does you recieving health coverage from your wife, does ACA "screw" you...better said, your wife?

Because if my family, or any other middle class family were to lose their employer based coverage they would either have to pay a fine an dhave no insurance or buy a much, much more expensive plan through the exhcange, a plan that costs more and covers less.

gee the left wing loons are really out in force defending this piece of garbage. doesn't matter what any of us on here say, the truth is coming soon to the middle class........

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Notice that the calculators don't really give you info on what income is used? MAGI? In the small print. I suspect 99% of the people trying to use this have no idea what income will be used to factor what, if any, subsidy one would get.

BTW, where is the money for the subsidies coming from?

This program is a total clusterf which doesn't surprise anyone. Barry and his gang of thugs played the idiot left.
If people use their gross income they come out ahead if it turns out the program is using the modified adjusted gross income.

The modified adjusted gross income is lower for the people who don't have health insurance than their gross income.

This means their subsidies would be even better. Here is hoping the program is using the modified adjusted gross income that is a much better deal for those without insurance.

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
So is the OP's wife losing her health insurance at her job? I am not sure what the issue the OP is having here.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Well, of course it doesn't work for you. It's not really intended for people who make a certain degree over the poverty line, or are covered through their employer. This is like getting angry at your car because it can't be a high performance speed boat.
You've got it ALL wrong. ACA was mandated so that ANYONE, regardless of their socioeconomic stature, could get "affordable" healthcare. That those who are poor or don't receive insurance through their employer are the main target market is wholly and completely irrelevant to the actual intent of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies