Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 03:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well congratulations, my policy is going up in cost to pay for you.
Yeah, sure it is.

Tell yourself whatever you want. Some people are just determined to see themselves as victims and losers, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 03:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If you dont want to participate, thats cool. If you dont want to pay taxes, go for it. Societies have always had to deal with bridge dwellers. Your healthcare will becovered by the rest of us...I dont mind help funding the uncapable.
That's "incapable" chipanzeejones, INcapable.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:58 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Do any of you small business owners pay $50K in insurance premiums? This sounds more like midsize to larger businesses to me. Information below:

The credit will be available to eligible employers for two consecutive taxable years.

If you pay $50,000 a year toward workers’ health care premiums — and if you qualify for a 15 percent credit, you save... $7,500. If you save $7,500 a year from tax year 2010 through 2013, that’s total savings of $30,000. If, in 2014, you qualify for a slightly larger credit, say 20 percent, your savings go from $7,500 a year to $10,000 a year.
It's possible to face $50K in premiums as a small employer. Depending on the age of the employees, gender mix, and location, an employer with 20 people could face premiums in the $100K range for the good plans. It's hard to generalize because so many different factors go into pricing group insurance.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:01 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If you dont want to participate, thats cool. If you dont want to pay taxes, go for it. Societies have always had to deal with bridge dwellers. Your healthcare will becovered by the rest of us...I dont mind help funding the uncapable.
A totally asinine post.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I'm wondering if nobody here has ever been told by their private health insurance co that their policy was being eliminated or changed before. It happens all the time. Even employee health insurance polices change with some regularity. I've been watching ehealthinsurance.com for years (haven't bought, just looking) and have seen this happen a few times with the plans in my state. We've probably gone through 6-7 with our employee health insurance over the years.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm wondering if nobody here has ever been told by their private health insurance co that their policy was being eliminated or changed before. It happens all the time. Even employee health insurance polices change with some regularity. I've been watching ehealthinsurance.com for years (haven't bought, just looking) and have seen this happen a few times with the plans in my state.
The plans din't usually disappear because of federal mandates. This time they are. The minimum this time is about $6K/person and $12K/ family, but you used to get policies for $10K/person and $20K/ family. Naturally, the higher the deductible the lower the premium, but that was acceptable to some people.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Tell yourself whatever you want. Some people are just determined to see themselves as victims and losers, I guess.
Generally speaking, those are Democrats and liberals.

The "victimhood mentality" is the reason for the popularity of the Democrat party. Democrats use fear to manipulate people into taking their side. What's that? You're going to argue that point? Who threatened that Granny would be thrown off a cliff? Who's always talking about children dying in the street? Which president just publicly stated that the U.S. might default on its obligations??? (an unprecedented action which impacted the world markets, btw)

Those who "are just determined to see themselves as victims and losers" typically reside on the left side of the political spectrum. It's best not to throw stones from within your glass house, AUM.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The plans din't usually disappear because of federal mandates. This time they are. The minimum this time is about $6K/person and $12K/ family, but you used to get policies for $10K/person and $20K/ family. Naturally, the higher the deductible the lower the premium, but that was acceptable to some people.
True. They changed because of State regulations and Insurance Company ideas.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He said that young people could get insurance for the price of their cell phone bill, not people in their 40s like me. I was paying attention.
Listen again...

Obama: Obamacare will cost less than your cell phone bill - YouTube
He in fact claims that 6 in 10 people who dont have health insurance will get it for less than a cell phone bill. He goes on to claim that if all Gov would cooperate the number would rise to 8 in 10... He then goes on to say that you can cover your family for less than your cell phone bill.
Now I saw the numbers you posted for your coverage. You must have the mother of all cell phone bills.
So I ask again. Do you find it acceptable for the POTUS to completely misrepresent the facts. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt by not calling him a bold faced liar.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:19 PM

True. They changed because of State regulations and Insurance Company ideas. But change they did, change they will. I am feeling bad for anyone who has a drastic increase with no other options but I can't relate since my premiums have never been a cheap as some people on the forums claim their have been. $267 a month for a family of 4 are you freaking kidding me? Even with a high deductible I'd have been paying at least $100 a month more than that just for myself last year. This really makes me wonder how different the cost is across the nation for something similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies