Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times

Advertisements

i hope the attachment of my letter worked
Attached Thumbnails
for the non believers-insurance-letter-002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 05:36 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
So is the lesson learned...Caveat, you can keep your medical insurance if it meets minimal federal standards?

Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
So is the lesson learned...Caveat, you can keep your medical insurance if it meets minimal federal standards?
Policy expires forever dec 2014.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Policies expire every year and renew every year. I understand what your trying to point out but your letter really doesn't do that.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:49 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Keep track of the terms of your current and future policies (premium, limits, deductibles, co-pays, coverages) so you can compare. The new plan could be better and/or cheaper. Can you give us some specs on your current policy?

Old 10-04-2013, 05:51 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
It says he's going to lose his existing plan next year and anything applied will be reset. He has to choose a new plan entirely.

How does that equate to keeping his existing plan, which I'd bet is better and cheaper than any of the ACA plans.

One of my clients is in a quandary because he won't be able to buy his $500 mo. HSA plan, and be forced into a bronze plan that's $8200 a year with no subsidy and a massive out of pocket.

Do proponents actually believe this is going to save money? You've all been sold a silk bag full of smelly stuff.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Yes I read the letter. The reasoning from BCBS is that the plan they previously offered does not meet the minimun federal requirements. Yes.

Im sure you dont want to hear from me that there are comparable plans available. Im sure you were happy with your plan.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Keep track of the terms of your current and future policies (premium, limits, deductibles, co-pays, coverages) so you can compare. The new plan could be better and/or cheaper. Can you give us some specs on your current policy?
That's wishful thinking. Rates for anyone making more than 25k year are in for a rude awakening. It's nothing more than a money grab, which the SCOTUS blessed as a tax. Remember, Obama claimed this was not going to be a new tax, and now it is. Where's the outrage for this lie?

ACA is nothing more than wealth redistribution, with a small part going to the poor, and the Lions share going to insurance companies. When it collapses, and it will, DC will force single payer on us. The insurance companies are being paid off prior to being pushed out of the healthcare business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Policies expire every year and renew every year. I understand what your trying to point out but your letter really doesn't do that.
I think you're confusing expiring with renewing.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-04-2013 at 06:05 PM..

Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 PM

[quote=steven_h;31679616]It says he's going to lose his existing plan next year and anything applied will be reset. He has to choose a new plan entirely.

How does that equate to keeping his existing plan, which I'd bet is better and cheaper than any of the ACA plans.

One of my clients is in a quandary because he won't be able to buy his $500 mo. HSA plan, and be forced into a bronze plan that's $8200 a year with no subsidy and a massive out of pocket.

Do proponents actually believe this is going to save money? You've all been sold a silk bag full of smelly stuff.[/quote]

I read the letter, thanks.

There is nothing the op has posted says that all plans compared are all higher than his current plan. that is your addition not his.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Yes I read the letter. The reasoning from BCBS is that the plan they previously offered does not meet the minimun federal requirements. Yes.

Im sure you dont want to hear from me that there are comparable plans available. Im sure you were happy with your plan.
If i didnt keep getting booted out of the website i would be able to compare. I only have about a month to get a quote to know what to do. This last time it couldnt verify my id. Even though i gave up my ssn. Then after putting all my and my families info it lost it all amd booted me out. Finally was able to log back in and my data all gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies