Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 01:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yep, yep he did

Obama: If You Don't Pay Your Mortgage, You're a Deadbeat | Independent Journal Review

So Obama, when will YOU pay the nations bills, and not just keep piling them up?
If you can't pay your mortgage your a deadbeat? He said that? He just called how many Americans a deadbeat ROFLMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 01:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is no bills owed not being paid. what part of budgeting have you not learned? Are you still in elementary school?
There will be if we reach the debt ceiling.

You can insult me all you like, if you're that desperate; doesn't matter to me. I'll still be right, you'll still wrong.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:20 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
About all I can offer as a response, is this:

So you're into teenage girls hooking up with married men, I take it? Or is it the junior senator from IL thing that works for you?

Old 10-08-2013, 01:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He also said "that's unpatriotic" when he was campaigning. There is something seriously wrong with this man.

As I listened to the bloviating continuing without Obama saying anything more than "it's their fault, not mine"

He even pounded the sequester, of course.

There's no good scenario because he refuses to negotiate, while hammering Republicans for using the only leverage they have. He and the Dems are being the thugs. They are the bullies in the schoolyard blaming the victims for starting the fight. You can't make this stuff up.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

You can insult me if you like; doesn't matter. I'll still be right, you'll still wrong.
And you'll still be looking to big daddy Obama to pay for your existence. And call yourself a grownup LOL

Old 10-08-2013, 01:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
How incredibly dishonest of you. Obama did not say that. here is the exact quote IN CONTEXT. The transcript of the speech you and your "link" deliberately misquoted.

Remarks by the President on the Affordable Care Act and the Government Shutdown | The White House

"Think about that. If you buy a car and you’ve got a car note, you do not save money by not paying your car note. You’re just a deadbeat. If you buy a house, you don’t save money by not authorizing yourself to pay the mortgage. You’re just going to be foreclosed on your home. That’s what this is about. "

And from the Business Insider:

Obama Statement On Government Shutdown, Obamacare - Business Insider

"Think about that. If you buy a car and you've got a car note, you do not save money by not paying your car note. You're just a deadbeat," Obama said.
"If you buy a house, you don't save money by not authorizing yourself to pay the mortgage. You're just going to be foreclosed on your home. That's what this is about."
So let me see if I understand this stupidity..

If you buy things you cant afford, you're not a deadbeat..

And if you buy a car you cant afford, and dont pay it, how would that NOT save you money by having it repo'd forcing you to go out and buy what you can afford?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-08-2013 at 02:56 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 01:23 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
UPDATE (2:36 p.m.): The president, speaking about what would happen if Congress does not raise the debt-limit, made things personal:

"I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I'm not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you're not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You're just a dead beat. And you can anticipate that will hurt your credit. "

"Which means that in addition to debt collectors calling, you're going to have trouble borrowing in the future. In you're able to borrow in future, it will be a higher rate. What's true for individuals is also true for nations, even the most powerful nation on earth. "
Source: National Journal

Quote:
If the United States is unable to pay its bills, said Obama, "We're deadbeats."
Source: Chicago Tribune

Last edited by gomexico; 10-08-2013 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Additional citation

Old 10-08-2013, 01:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

You can insult me all you like, if you're that desperate; doesn't matter to me. I'll still be right, you'll still wrong.
Ahh nope.. once again, budgeting 101 says you're wrong.

Budgets are NOT obligations.. despite what type of liberal kook theories you are now putting forward.. they are MAXIMUM spending limits..

Anyone with a high school education should know that..

Old 10-08-2013, 01:24 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
It doesn't matter what Zero says at all anymore.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:25 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And you'll still be looking to big daddy Obama to pay for your existence. And call yourself a grownup LOL
Unfortunately, the retarded antics of Sen. Cruz have boxed the Republicans in on the whole argument, with the untenable, unenforceable notion that one half of one branch of government could somehow stop the signature accomplishment of the other side in its tracks.

Due to Cruz and the Tea Party, Republicans will lose this round...at immense cost to them and to the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies