Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL....

When you cannot discuss anything slam people...great leftist tactic....pathetic and expected, but still pathetic....
I think it`s called free speech. The Constitution doesn`t begin and end with the 2nd amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, they were killed by a mentally ill young man.

No guns drove across the town and shot people on their own.
and furthermore.....Wayne LaPierre wasn't there, yet he and the NRA were the main scapegoats!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
I'm not anti- gun but Newtown does illustrate some need of gun laws/ better mental health care awareness in this country. Anyone that thinks I'm an anti- gun freak is free to do so. My life will move forward in any case.
"but Newtown does illustrate some need of gun laws". Baloney! Do you know how many laws WERE brokenin this indecent? The new NEW laws offered WOULD HAVE zero AFFECT.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:43 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but Newtown does illustrate some need of gun laws". Baloney! Do you know how many laws WERE brokenin this indecent? The new NEW laws offered WOULD HAVE zero AFFECT.
So we don't need gun laws?

Old 10-14-2013, 07:45 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
So we don't need gun laws?
Duh! What part of NEW don't you understand?

Old 10-14-2013, 07:46 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Duh! What part of NEW don't you understand?
I didn't say new. Duh.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
I'm glad that Left-wingers agree that politicizing a mass shooting is in bad taste. Therefore I'm sure that the next tragedy will be free from Liberal anti-gun commentary and new restrictive gun-grabbing legislation, right?

Right?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I'm glad that Left-wingers agree that politicizing a mass shooting is in bad taste. Therefore I'm sure that the next tragedy will be free from Liberal anti-gun commentary and new restrictive gun-grabbing legislation, right?

Right?
I'm not a "left winger". I am a person who cannot understand why a civilian needs military style weapons, the kind used to slaughter defenseless little children in Newtown.

And then gun rights advocates decided that the anniversary of that tragedy is a good idea to have their Guns save lives day?

So tell me the difference between this and what the Westboro Church does at funerals?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 AM

624 posts, read 939,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"Let me get this straight - a pro-gun group uses the Newtown tragedy to promote their message, and everyone says it's tasteless, offensive, insensitive, etc. Anti-gun groups use Newtown to promote their agenda, though, and nobody says a word about how disgusting and exploitative that is. Lovely double standard there, eh?"

I think that comment says it rather nicely!
I just said something similar on the thread about the Million Veterans March: Neither side of a political issue should be co-opting a grass-roots day for the people. Newtown should be able to grieve/memorialize in peace. It's their story, not the special interests'.

I'm sick to death of the common people being used as political pawns.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 AM

624 posts, read 939,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not a "left winger". I am a person who cannot understand why a civilian needs military style weapons, the kind used to slaughter defenseless little children in Newtown.

And then gun rights advocates decided that the anniversary of that tragedy is a good idea to have their Guns save lives day?

So tell me the difference between this and what the Westboro Church does at funerals?
Agreed. It's not only "left-wingers" who find this offensive. My partner is Libertarian and he's disgusted by this. It's not your inner party that reacts to this sort of crap. It's your inner principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies