Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 04:17 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Now please explain that to Mr Jackson:

Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in "Crime: New Frontier - Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue" by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)
Why are you referencing Jesse Jackson?

Old 03-31-2014, 06:40 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
Why is "(and other minorities)" noted in the thread title as it is?

Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Why are you referencing Jesse Jackson?
Mr Jackson IS a "minority" AND HE def profiles young Black dudes too since he was relieved those footsteps were by "white" dudes. If you won't face what is being said between the lines, you need to figure it out. Sheesh!

Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Why is "(and other minorities)" noted in the thread title as it is?
Because there are other minority groups who are profiled as well. I didn't want the discussion to ONLY pertain to one race.

There are other groups out there who are targeted as well.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mr Jackson IS a "minority" AND HE def profiles young Black dudes too since he was relieved those footsteps were by "white" dudes. If you won't face what is being said between the lines, you need to figure it out. Sheesh!
Your trying to make it seem as if his opinion is more valid than any other black person's which its not.

We've had 1 black poster in this thread say that its not an issue while we've had multiple black posters, as well as posters of other races, recognize that it is an issue.

Using Jesse freakin Jackson as a debating point is just plain ignorant.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Because there are other minority groups who are profiled as well. I didn't want the discussion to ONLY pertain to one race.

Other than dark skin "Hispanics"; please name me 1 group. Too; Hispanic ain't a race: many are def "white" so calling them a "minority" is wrong going by their DNA.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
Quote:

I understand. As such, why not simply use the word Minorities?

Old 03-31-2014, 07:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:

then your title should read:
The Police Hunt Black People (and other minorities) Like Slaves

as it stands, you are claiming police hunt black people like minorities

Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,164,730 times
In terms of improving the current situation, Body Cameras and an Independent Body to investigate the police rather than the police investigating themselves would improve accountability.

BBC News - Body-worn police cameras in Southern California 'cut complaints'

Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
In terms of improving the current situation, Body Cameras and an Independent Body to investigate the police rather than the police investigating themselves would improve accountability.

Thanks for contributing and I'm glad you were able to understand the concept of the thread.

I checked out the link and the bold really stood out. If officers are acting in an ethical and law abiding manner already, why such the significant drop in complaints and the use of force??

"BBC London's home affairs correspondent Guy Smith went to Rialto in Southern California where they have carried out a pioneering experiment with officers wearing the body cameras for over a year.

The use of force there fell 60% and complaints against officers dropped by more than 80%."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies