Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 01:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
It's ironic that your Screen Name is Indentured Servant. I recently found out that one of my ancestors was an indentured servant.

I found an online copy of the Servitude document and everything. He was only 15 yrs old and had to work off the cost of his transatlantic journey. I could probably assume he was treatly poorly, maybe even abused. It's too bad my family didn't pass his tale of woe on from one generation to the next so we could all feed off of that anger, bitterness and spite.
And I guess what you are trying to say is that the experience you describe is somehow equal to what the descendants of SLAVES experienced in degree or kind? A person CHOOSING to leave the hardship of life in EUROPE, for opportunity to eventually own land and a new start in America, is the same as forced chattel slavery for generations, based upon race and destroying a a peoples culture, language, religion, customs and way of life?

Yeah.....its the same

Old 10-15-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Are you conscientious of your race? I've gone through my life not paying attention to it, sure I noted nationality but didn't give it a second thought. Then again, I was around educated hard working white, asian, black people. In the last couple of years race relations has been aggravated by those who make money from it.

Know that thoughts become things. That’s because your thoughts attract and magnetize other thoughts like them. Therefore, whatever you think about, how you think about it, that is what you will multiply.
Race relations are aggravated by worsening economic conditions. At its roots....racism is really about economics and the competition for scarce resources via tribes/races.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Are you conscientious of your race? I've gone through my life not paying attention to it, sure I noted nationality but D. idn't give it a second thought. Then again, I was around educated hard working white, asian, black people. In the last couple of years race relations has been aggravated by those who make money from it.

Know that thoughts become things. That’s because your thoughts attract and magnetize other thoughts like them. Therefore, whatever you think about, how you think about it, that is what you will multiply.
I've seen no noticeable difference on race relations outside of the fact that electing Obama has brought out previously quiet mean-spirited loons. And the paroxysmal fits of anger and discontent are like nothing like I've ever seen before.

Outside of that, everyone gets on the same way they always have. Blacks and whites have never been close in this country, and that's just the way it is. We've functioned just fine regardless.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
And we have an answer as to who will be fighting it.
Nonsense. The poster is correct. Centuries of antipathy doesnt just disappear overnight simply because you want it to. .

Old 10-15-2013, 01:58 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense. The poster is correct. Centuries of antipathy doesnt just disappear overnight simply because you want it to. .

Quote:
Strait skippy I will be fighting it until racial wrongs have been reconciled.

I will admit it, this entire thread was fishing for indentured servant's posts. I wanted to see them layed out on the page in black in white.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:13 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Would there be a down side of going post-racial as a society? (disregarding race)
Would the down side be bad enough to warrant stamping out any progress towards a post-racial society?
I've already accepted it. Now I'm just waiting for everyone to shut up about race and stop doing racist things. Racism has always fascinated me. I'm astounded that anyone in their right mind thinks skin tone and melanin actually tell you anything significant about a person. The sheer nonsensical stupidity of racism is what makes it so fascinating. It's one of those, "How in the world did that happen???" sorts of things.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I don't even know what "post-racial" means. It certainly can't mean "looking beyond race" because there are too many politicians (ie. Democrats) who rely on the Plantation Politics of perpetual victimization in order to secure the votes of the masses. If society were to "look beyond race" Democrats would have to rebrand or disband. 150 years after emancipation of slaves, black people still can't see beyond their own noses to recognize that Democrats NEED them to be victims. I can't see Democrats changing course any time soon, especially since the new "emancipation" of illegal immigrants is the new Plantation of choice with a new set of "slaves."

"Post-racial" is a liberal term in which not one single liberal can actually agree with. "Post-racial" is diametrically opposed to liberal ideology.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't even know what "post-racial" means. It certainly can't mean "looking beyond race" because there are too many politicians (ie. Democrats) who rely on the Plantation Politics of perpetual victimization in order to secure the votes of the masses. If society were to "look beyond race" Democrats would have to rebrand or disband. 150 years after emancipation of slaves, black people still can't see beyond their own noses to recognize that Democrats NEED them to be victims. I can't see Democrats changing course any time soon, especially since the new "emancipation" of illegal immigrants is the new Plantation of choice with a new set of "slaves."

"Post-racial" is a liberal term in which not one single liberal can actually agree with. "Post-racial" is diametrically opposed to liberal ideology.
First you say that you don't know what post racial means then you set about defining it as diametrically opposed to liberal ideology.

So, do you know what it means or not?

Old 10-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I will admit it, this entire thread was fishing for indentured servant's posts. I wanted to see them layed out on the page in black in white.
You do not have to fish my friend. I am walking on land up in the mix. You got something to say....say it....you do not need water, pole or bait. If you have read my posts, with an intent on honest comprehension, you would have known the answer anyway. Hey....I am more than happy to lay it out in black and white.....just ask.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

So....how should one characterize the damage that the right says Obama is doing to America and their grand children's future? It certainly sounds to me like the right thinks they/America are being victimized. It definitely sounds like people feel victimized by ObamaCare. What I do not understand is how those on the right always act as if the individual, if responsible, if with a work ethic, if without excuses, can rise above any external circumstance. Well.....if that is true why is the right so concerned about what Obama does or what party is in power? All you need is personal responsibility and not make excuses and you and your grand children will continue to prosper? I mean.....if you expect black folks not to miss a socioeconomic beat, despite centuries of racism, then how and why can you miss a socioeconomic beat from two terms of Obama? Maybe you all have been LYING. Maybe its because you really realize how things can work against you, through no fault of your own.....and that is why you are so worried about not having a government that caters to your right wing interest. You feel your world will come crumbling down.....like others lives have crumbled as a result of you having things your way. You fear the first will be last and the last will be first. You fear that what goes around....comes back around. You fear that the boomerang that you threw to prosper.....will return and knock you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies