Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 09:44 AM

73,073 posts, read 62,694,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
^^I can do what I want. You want to be a martyr on a cross. Go ahead. Nothing more distasteful to a man than another male who complains. You will fit right into this brave new world of alpha females and beta males.
I'm not being a martyr. I'm just stating a historical fact. Blacks had it horrible. Slavery, followed by Jim Crow. It's a fact. It's in the annals of history, and to deny this shows a large amount of delusion. Alot of Whites were quite poor, but Whites had far more rights than Blacks ever did.

And there is nothing more distasteful than insulting someone for stating a fact.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:01 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,303,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Would there be a down side of going post-racial as a society? (disregarding race)
Would the down side be bad enough to warrant stamping out any progress towards a post-racial society?
Who knows until we have a post racial society?

The big problem would be how to get to a post racial society.

If post racial means non white people shut up about racial inequities and pretend they have the same political interests as those defined as white Americans, then no that post racial American is like old racist America in that non white people know their place and stay quiet.

If post racial means white Americans begin to examine the origins of these fake racial categories that were enforced through violence on other people that laid the foundation of the American white racial identity, and understand that the American white racial identity only exists because it confers special privileges on those identified as white Americans, then that would be a huge step towards a truly post racial society.

I sadly suspect that the vast overwhelming majority of white Americans want to keep white skin privilege and keep the very foundations of racial inequality alive even as they insist they don't.

Cause bottom line a truly post racial society is one in which white Americans collectively have far less power relative to other Americans.
Ending Racial Inequality is the whole thing.

Last edited by Iamme73; 11-10-2013 at 10:15 AM..

Old 11-10-2013, 10:47 AM

73,073 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Who knows until we have a post racial society?

The big problem would be how to get to a post racial society.

If post racial means non white people shut up about racial inequities and pretend they have the same political interests as those defined as white Americans, then no that post racial American is like old racist America in that non white people know their place and stay quiet.

If post racial means white Americans begin to examine the origins of these fake racial categories that were enforced through violence on other people that laid the foundation of the American white racial identity, and understand that the American white racial identity only exists because it confers special privileges on those identified as white Americans, then that would be a huge step towards a truly post racial society.

I sadly suspect that the vast overwhelming majority of white Americans want to keep white skin privilege and keep the very foundations of racial inequality alive even as they insist they don't.

Cause bottom line a truly post racial society is one in which white Americans collectively have far less power relative to other Americans.
Ending Racial Inequality is the whole thing.
In short, a post-racial society would be unlikely unless the above conditions were met, and that doesn't show much sign of happening.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,675,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
^^I can do what I want. You want to be a martyr on a cross. Go ahead. Nothing more distasteful to a man than another male who complains. You will fit right into this brave new world of alpha females and beta males.
aah.....Internet macho man surfaces again.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,051,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Well Americans have twice voted for a guy whose the 2nd generation son of a Muslim Kenyan immigrant and an Irish American woman, who also had a Muslim Indonesian step father and went to a madrasa for a time and has Hussein as a middle name.

Don't know if this makes society post racial but it definitely means we are not 100% the same as previous generations when it comes to issues about skin color.
Can't forget about the Canuckleheads.

Adrienne Clarkson and Michaëlle Jean were 1st generation Canadians of Hong Kong and Haitian stock respectively, and refugees at that, who rose through the ranks to become the Governor General of the Canuck nation.

So even though recent immigrants to North America might not exactly look like older immigrants, they are contributing to North American society just like the older groups.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:25 PM

13,984 posts, read 5,641,670 times
we'll have a post racial racial society when we have one race, no more hyphenated Americans, and there is no longer a racial grievance/guilt industry.

We'll all be fertilizer for flowers long, long before that ever happens.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:30 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,267,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
we'll have a post racial racial society when we have one race, no more hyphenated Americans, and there is no longer a racial grievance/guilt industry.
You've solved it! "Post-racial society" = "Minorities, **** and go to the back of the bus!"

Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM

13,984 posts, read 5,641,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You've solved it! "Post-racial society" = "Minorities, **** and go to the back of the bus!"

Thanks for clearing that up.
Where did I say that?

You cannot have a post-differences world when differences still exist. How would a post-gender world work? A post-cultural world?

We have different races. That means in some part we will always have a racial society. Human nature and Occam's Razor predict that pretty well. To be post-racial is to have only one race and no difference.

That biological fact is a few eons of evolution away.

In the more philosophical framework - we cannot think post-racially until we eliminate the entire culture of racial difference as cause for both celebration and grievance. This will also require a pretty seismic shift in base human nature, but whatever.

I never said anything about the back of busses, superiority/inferiority and I would suggest that your straw man appeal to ridicule aimed at me stems from either anger or guilt about your own racial heritage.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:55 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,267,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Where did I say that?
there is no longer a racial grievance/guilt industry.

That's what I was referring to. When you call it a "guilt industry," it sure sounds to me like you consider speaking up for the rights of minorities to be a problem.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:02 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
There will never be a post-racial society, unfortunately. It just that the racists race/skin color/ethnicity is changing. There is evidence of it right here in post #162 in the white race hater's remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies