Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,981,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
True, their stealing was perfectly legal.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Explain what stealing.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,981,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
why?? you NEVER did anything wrong or just never got caught?-
and as for who is in jail- this country still puts minorities in jail while giving certain folks probation etc.
and WHITE collar crimes,, I laugh. they run for office.
** I ** have never committed a criminal act.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,001 times
Depends how lengthy the criminal record & what type of crime. I'd get the criminal complaints. If you're a habitual offender, I'm not going to hire you. If your last offense was years ago, I might. I have a special place in hell for batterers, domestic abusers, rapists, etc. They will never get hired by me.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,766,312 times
depends on the crime.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,766,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Depends how lengthy the criminal record & what type of crime. I'd get the criminal complaints. If you're a habitual offender, I'm not going to hire you. If your last offense was years ago, I might. I have a special place in hell for batterers, domestic abusers, rapists, etc. They will never get hired by me.
my special place in hell is for people who abuse kids. doesn't get lower than that.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,346,330 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytrump

why?? you NEVER did anything wrong or just
never got caught?-
and as for who is in jail- this country still puts
minorities in jail while giving certain folks probation etc.
and WHITE

collar crimes,, I laugh. they run for office.
Look at Lindsey Lohan, with a rap sheet as long as you both your arms. Think she'd be out if she was a black welfare mother?

Old 10-15-2013, 02:22 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
my special place in hell is for people who abuse kids. doesn't get lower than that.
Yep, those too.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,900,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Over Sixty-five million Americans—or one in four adults—have a criminal record. But employers—including major companies like Bank of America, Omni Hotel, and Domino's Pizza—routinely post job ads on Craigslist that explicitly exclude such applicants, according to a report conducted by the National Employment Law Center (NELP), a labor-affiliated advocacy group.

What a conundrum.

According to FOX, it's mostly Blacks and Hispanics who get arrested. There's a lot of reasons for this. Too many to list. It's a hard knock life, though.

Though the percentage of working-age Americans with a criminal record has increased significantly over the past 20 years, African Americans and Hispanics are arrested two to three times as much compared with the rest of the U.S. population, the report states.

Will new fed guidelines force companies to hire more employees with criminal pasts? | Fox News

HARD KNOCK LIFE

"It's a hard knock life" ORIGINAL Annie 1982 - YouTube
that depends on my business, and what position i would be hiring them for. for instance, if i owned a construction company, sure i would hire someone with a criminal record. if i owned a restaurant, again yes i would hire someone with a criminal record, but i would exclude them from certain positions depending on their crime. if they embezzled money, they certainly wouldnt get a cash handling position, but they could be a line cook, prep cook etc.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:40 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,441,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Over Sixty-five million Americans—or one in four adults—have a criminal record. But employers—including major companies like Bank of America, Omni Hotel, and Domino's Pizza—routinely post job ads on Craigslist that explicitly exclude such applicants, according to a report conducted by the National Employment Law Center (NELP), a labor-affiliated advocacy group.
- removed stupid crap about hard nock life. . .

Look an employer won't hire criminals if they don't have to. They will hire ex-cons if they have to. Its that simple. I for one see no need to give a ex-con a chance if i have another candidate just as good without the past.

So if I have enough applicants, i would put a (no ex-con) disclaimer to limit the pool.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:54 PM

29,606 posts, read 14,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Sadly, they don't know how sickening that is...

I wish they could experience only part of what they wish on others.
So let me ask you this.. lets just say a 25 year old male rapes violently rapes a 16 year old female. He get's arrested, convicted and serves 12 years for his crime. Also he has a long rap sheet of break in's , violent felony assaults , and a few restraining orders from previous girlfriends. Basically has been in and out of the system for years but no hard time. Do you really after he's served his 12 years he's now going to be an upstanding citizen ? Would you rent a room in your house to him ? I know this has nothing to do really with the article but your statement really caught me and the one you replied to. I know what I posted was an extreme case, I'm just curious if that is what you think regardless and would like to understand it.

My reply to the OP's original question would be if the person had a felony record , no I would not hire them. Misdemeanors possibly , depending on what was actually done. Now after reading a few posts , I see that now those people that I wouldn't hire would probably go into the system and we would all have to pay for them which I don't agree with either. So it is a hell of a conundrum... one that I don't have an answer for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.