Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 09:38 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The man in your link is a manipulating liar.

That man is a piece of "trash" who wants to tax low income families, and then give rich CEO's 0% federal tax rates. F. that.
Oh please, Dave Ramsey is about as far from a liar or manipulator as you could possibly get. Anyone who listens to him knows that he's honest and speaks facts, the only people who could possibly feel that he's anything but honest are likely just unproductive trash who see him as the end of the gravy train they love to live on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 09:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Sorry I am not going to comment on a removed message. Talk to Ibeginnie if you don't like it. TOS and all that.
What removed message? I don't see one. Maybe your so smart you know when a message will be removed based on some type of math equation though right?

Old 10-19-2013, 10:49 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You're giving the government 6.6 trillion dollars, which will be horrendously destructive to the economy. And not a cent of it will be used to reduce debt.

I marvel at the immense stupidity of giving the government MORE money. At the most prosperous time in our country's history, the federal government spent about 5 percent of our GDP. Even more stupid, is the idea that throwing EVEN MORE money at health care, which is a consumption, not a production, will help the economy. It will shift even MORE of our economy from production of wealth to consumption.
Those tax revenues will decrease our deficits, and slow our national debt growth.

And those tax cuts are for large corporations, they are the ones building US factories in Asia, replacing US workers with factory robots, and they hide their profits in offshore accounts, ex.ex. (and its small and medium sized businesses that create the overwhelming majority of new American jobs.)

Today's large corporations don't stimulate the economy much, its people like you and me that stimulate the economy much more.

When we go out to dinner, buy clothes, buy insurance, hire people to fix our homes and cars, buy electronics, shop in stores, go to the movies, ex.ex. this cause a chain reaction that moves our economy.

If everyone in a America stopped buying things, stopped hiring people to fix things, and stopped paying bills, the thing you call the economy would stop.

But if every large corporation disappeared tomorrow, there would be a shock, but the economy would still keep going.

You said the US government talking those taxes from corporations destroys the economy, How ??

That tax money is used to,

1. pay soldiers and SS recipients (their spending/purchasing stimulates the economy),
2. those tax revenues will be used to build tanks and fighter aircraft (the people who make them and get paid then stimulate the economy.)
3. it will pay federal workers (their spending/purchasing stimulate the economy.)
4. it will be used to build roads (and the people who build the roads get paid, then stimulate the economy.)
ex.ex.

If the US government takes those corporate taxes, the money comes back to us, and we stimulate the economy when we spend that money.

How are we better off allowing those large corporations to keep that money?

Last edited by chad3; 10-19-2013 at 11:12 PM..

Old 10-20-2013, 01:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times
Quote:
The man in your link is a manipulating liar. When I first started watching the video he talked bad about (both) democrats and republicans, and I thought I was listening to a unbiased source. So I sat back and listened to what he had to say.
Actually Ramsey tells the unvarnished truth. If you don't like what he's saying... It's because you believe a lie.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Those tax revenues will decrease our deficits, and slow our national debt growth.
No, they will not. It will get spent.

Quote:
And those tax cuts are for large corporations, they are the ones building US factories in Asia, replacing US workers with factory robots, and they hide their profits in offshore accounts, ex.ex. (and its small and medium sized businesses that create the overwhelming majority of new American jobs.)
Wrong.

Quote:
Today's large corporations don't stimulate the economy much, its people like you and me that stimulate the economy much more.
Wrong.

Quote:
When we go out to dinner, buy clothes, buy insurance, hire people to fix our homes and cars, buy electronics, shop in stores, go to the movies, ex.ex. this cause a chain reaction that moves our economy.
Wrong.

Quote:
If everyone in a America stopped buying things, stopped hiring people to fix things, and stopped paying bills, the thing you call the economy would stop.
Wrong. You don't understand what you're talking about.

Quote:
But if every large corporation disappeared tomorrow, there would be a shock, but the economy would still keep going.
Really? Do you have ANY idea how much of our GDP is produced by them? Some make things to consume, but some of them make things that PRODUCE. And some PRODUCE. It's clear you have no idea what any of that means.

Quote:
You said the US government talking those taxes from corporations destroys the economy, How ??
By raising the cost of everything, with no increase in value or productivity.

Quote:
That tax money is used to,

1. pay soldiers and SS recipients (their spending/purchasing stimulates the economy),
2. those tax revenues will be used to build tanks and fighter aircraft (the people who make them and get paid then stimulate the economy.)
3. it will pay federal workers (their spending/purchasing stimulate the economy.)
4. it will be used to build roads (and the people who build the roads get paid, then stimulate the economy.)
ex.ex.
You're still off in outer space.

Quote:
If the US government takes those corporate taxes, the money comes back to us, and we stimulate the economy when we spend that money.
Wrong.

Quote:
How are we better off allowing those large corporations to keep that money?
It's THEIR money. And they employ it 1,000,000 times better than government does.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:22 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Math doesn't matter. What's really important is that people get more handouts and that gays can marry.
Yup. Nothing else matters. Somehow everything else just works out if you have these two things....

I have a niece who voted for obummer because he's for gay rights. She just gave me a dumb look when I informed her that the president isn't the one who decides if gay marriage is legal. And they vote....

One does not decide who runs this country on little issues like gay marriage that will be decided by the courts not the president. Is our youth really this ignorant?

Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Actually Ramsey tells the unvarnished truth. If you don't like what he's saying... It's because you believe a lie.
I LOVE his advice on family financial planning. Living debt free is a WHOLE lot easier than living with debt. I do a spreadsheet instead of the box because I can't bring myself to keep that much money in the house but I follow the principles. I spend what I have to spend when I have it to spend. If I need a new coat and I only have $100, I find a coat that will do for under $100 period. No layaway, no credit cards. I do float my budget through my credit cards but only because I get between 1% and 5% back on all purchases. The cards are paid off every month and every couple of years, I get a check for $500 .

Old 10-20-2013, 03:44 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What other bits of information did you bring back from the future when you made the trip?
That made me chuckle. Wonder if he can tell me who's gonna win the Series this year? If he failed to find out, I hope he gets that Delorian back up to 88 m.p.h. soon.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Not a single lib watched the video.

They just spouted the talking points.

Face it, they haven't the nerve to be exposed to opposing ideas.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:38 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Not a single lib watched the video.

They just spouted the talking points.

Face it, they haven't the nerve to be exposed to opposing ideas.

I wish someone can explain how healthcare will be paid for when Obama is letting so many people get exemptions. Even a grade schooler can tell you that won't work, it's doesn't take a financial adviser.

Letting the politicians off and all his friends tells you something, the law stinks or they would take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies