Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,172,716 times

Advertisements

Protesting students block Paris high schools in anger over expulsion of immigrant families | Fox News

Quote:
Anger erupted this week over the treatment of a 15-year-old Kosovar girl, detained in front of classmates on a field trip. The government says her family had been denied asylum and was no longer allowed to stay in France.
I think it went a bit far, and there were far better ways to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 07:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
It isn't fair to the kids but how is it fair for the kid who has no dad because he spent the kids formative years in prison for robbery?

How is it fair for someone to go to prison for breaking the law but others are excused for breaking the law? Laws do not work unless they are fairly enforced.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:06 AM

13,655 posts, read 10,047,777 times
The clue is in the name "Illegal Immigrants".

What choice has a government got, but to stand up to someone that is flouting their laws.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:09 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,868,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Protesting students block Paris high schools in anger over expulsion of immigrant families | Fox News

I think it went a bit far, and there were far better ways to do this.

What part of "illegal" do people not understand?

If someone is BREAKING A LAW, then that someone needs to be punished. It's really that simple. Somehow, the bleeding heart crowd thinks it is acceptable for people to break the law as far as entering this country illegally. I wonder how that same crowd would feel if those same illegal people broke into their houses and robbed them?

Illegal is illegal, and laws need to be enforced.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,350,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Illegal is illegal, and laws need to be enforced.
*cough*

BBC News - Hollande: Deported Roma girl can return to France alone

Old 10-19-2013, 09:55 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,147,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I wonder how that same crowd would feel if those same illegal people broke into their houses and robbed them?
We'd probably be forced to all buy home protection services, whether we were homeowner's or not. Taxed if we didn't buy the services and forced to choose between Gaurdian or ADT even though there are cheaper alternatives.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:49 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,988,727 times
To get a better idea of "other countries", check out what would happen to you if you were caught in Mexico illegally! No, I won't say anything more about it, YOU do your own research if you are interested.
I will say, though, that Mexico is exactly why I favor "Mirror Laws" about such things: We will do to YOUR citizens exactly what YOU would do to OUR citizens!
Well, OK, we will draw the line at flogging or hanging or firing squads or amputations. We won't do THAT!

Old 10-19-2013, 06:06 PM

174 posts, read 597,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
To get a better idea of "other countries", check out what would happen to you if you were caught in Mexico illegally! No, I won't say anything more about it, YOU do your own research if you are interested.
I will say, though, that Mexico is exactly why I favor "Mirror Laws" about such things: We will do to YOUR citizens exactly what YOU would do to OUR citizens!
Well, OK, we will draw the line at flogging or hanging or firing squads or amputations. We won't do THAT!
What Mexico does to its illegal aliens is actually shocking when you research this. This is the same country that interjects itself in our internal politics when it comes to how illegals are dealt with. I firmly believe that the US should take a harder line on this issue and demand that Mexico stay out of our politics and do something for their own people so they don't have to flee to the United States.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:07 PM

241 posts, read 246,211 times
they call em refuges, make camps, get UN money and send em home after Nato overthrows their government.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:09 PM

63,009 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE-Ed View Post
What Mexico does to its illegal aliens is actually shocking when you research this. This is the same country that interjects itself in our internal politics when it comes to how illegals are dealt with. I firmly believe that the US should take a harder line on this issue and demand that Mexico stay out of our politics and do something for their own people so they don't have to flee to the United States.

Agreed, however we have too many congressmen who want the cheap labor and votes. Americans be damned is their attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies