Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 06:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
white americans would also never stand for having children who were students, and buying $4000 handbags.
Sure they would. I went to high school and college with a lot of spoiled, rich kids many of whom were white. Their parents had absolutely no problem with their 18 yr old driving a $110k Mercedes or a $60k Range Rover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 07:23 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Profiling is normal. If you get on a train, or a bus and someone wreaks of body order, do you scan the citizens seeking out the best dressed and groomed persons, or do you look for the dirtiest person? Answer that and you are PROFILING! Of course, I know someone will say they don't look, the smell does not bother them, in which case they are not profilers, just liars.
I try not to look at anyone. I mind my own business. That's the truth, whether you wish to believe it or not.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:28 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,834,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You would indeed catch more people if we stopped everyone and searched them that law enforcement didn't like the looks of. That's not what this country is about though.
Quite a stretch what your are saying. If you cannot debate intelligently and within context then why even bother? Do be dramatic?

Old 10-27-2013, 08:16 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Quite a stretch what your are saying. If you cannot debate intelligently and within context then why even bother? Do be dramatic?
The topic is law enforcement stopping people simply for the way they look. If you disagree, next time a bit of explanation of why you disagree would be nice.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:18 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You've got to be kidding.

I grew up around a lot of affluent white people. Every race spends their money on frivolous things.

Except maybe asians :j/k: kinda
Here's the thing...she lives in Canarsie.

Very good chance she isn't affluent.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:21 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Here's the thing...she lives in Canarsie.

Very good chance she isn't affluent.
That doesn't really mean that she is dirt broke either. Canarsie really isn't as poor as it's neighbors.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:51 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
That doesn't really mean that she is dirt broke either. Canarsie really isn't as poor as it's neighbors.
Canarsie is still a dump. It used to be nice. I doubt this girl has anywhere near the mea.s to afford that bag. Not saying she didn't have the funds....but let's be honest here. Doesn't mean she deserved to be harassed by the jakes but she is still an idiot.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:17 PM

688 posts, read 652,139 times
Quote:
Canarsie is still a dump. It used to be nice. I doubt this girl has anywhere near the mea.s to afford that bag. Not saying she didn't have the funds....but let's be honest here. Doesn't mean she deserved to be harassed by the jakes but she is still an idiot.
I agree, but just because a girl lives in Canarsie doesn't mean she isn't "car poor," or in her case, "purse poor." If the purchase was legit, then the store should have suggested a finance course; not accused her of theft because some sales associate (who probably lives in Canarsie or worse, too) deemed her unable to pay based on her looks.

And, Canarsie is fine.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:44 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,353 times
Quote:

It's better today than it was before. The murder rate was higher in the days where "it used to be nice"

Old 10-27-2013, 11:59 PM

688 posts, read 652,139 times
^ Not to mention, we're talking about New York... you never know who is who in New York. A guy in regular old Levi's could a vacationer, have a commute from Queens, or he could own a view of Central Park. This kid could have been a thief, but also could have been a millionaire's daughter... have you seen the way kids dress these days..? They all wear mostly the same brands, and the brands that are "rich" go unlabeled... Rick Ownes and Target Store sweats aren't discernible to most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies