Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

That's funny, liberals are the only ones actually making those claims.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's funny, liberals are the only ones actually making those claims.
Oh, you mean like how it's only the conservatives who call Obama the messiah & claim liberals worship him? See how that works?

Old 10-28-2013, 12:00 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Meanwhile, Rafael Cruz (Ted's father) is preaching in his church that his son is the anointed 'king' who will bring about a 'great transfer of wealth' from the 'wicked' to the 'righteous' as part of the run up to the End Times. He's also talking about how, since Ted was a boy, Rafael has been telling him that God has destined him for greatness. (Videos available on You-Tube, produced by Cruz's own church).

And Ted was 'anointed' by Dominionist preachers this spring in Iowa -- video also available on You-Tube -- one of whom, David Lane, a few weeks later, started to rant about how car bombs in L.A., DC and Des Moines would be a suitable punishment from God for gay marriage -- sound recordings available on line, look for 'Steve Deace' radio.

Liberals may like the President but we're not 'anointing' him for anything...and he doesn't seem surrounded by crazy people the way Ted Cruz is.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:23 PM

744 posts, read 1,091,666 times
Rafael Cruz is a demented nut.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:27 PM

525 posts, read 508,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I guess in loony tea party world, you're officially a Messiah when you start comparing birth control pills to abortion.

GOP event hails ‘superhero’ Ted Cruz as right-wing Jesus | The Raw Story
If I ever needed to define to someone what the word "Strawman" means...I would cite this thread.

#realtalk

Old 10-28-2013, 12:29 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
I see how liberals feel threatened by Ted Cruz's level headed approach to many of our country's problems. I see how liberals would hate him for trying to fix problems that liberals have created and survived on for decades. I see how Ted could sound like a nut to people who wouldn't understand the concept of personal responsibility if the definition was written on the top of every one of their welfare checks.

I can completely see why the left hates Ted Cruz and people who think like him, if we had our way their way of life would change drastically and they might have to run out and look for jobs.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-29-2013 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 10-28-2013, 12:32 PM

744 posts, read 1,091,666 times
Actually, it's conservatives who are most likely to be on welfare.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I see how liberals feel threatened by Ted Cruz's level headed approach to many of our country's problems. I see how liberals would hate him for trying to fix problems that liberals have created and survived on for decades. I see how Ted could sound like a nut to people who wouldn't understand the concept of personal responsibility if the definition was written on the top of every one of their welfare checks.

I can completely see why the left hates Ted Cruz and people who think like him, if we had our way their way of life would change drastically and they might have to run out and look for jobs.
You see it as liberals threatened. I see it as conservatives worshipping at the feet of crazy.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:45 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Well, Papa Cruz should know. I wonder if he had anything to do with Cruz's conception..or was it immaculate?

Quote:
Rafael Cruz Declares Son Ted Cruz 'The Anointed One'

Rafael Cruz is a pastor with Purifying Fire Ministries founded by Suzanne Hinn, ex-wife and then wife again of Benny Hinn. The Hinns are huckster Christians, dealing in faux emotions and invented manifestations of the Holy Spirit at the most convenient and opportune fundraising moments. They are also smart enough to understand where the gravy train is, and so they've hitched their boxcar to the New Apostolic, or dominionist movement.

So has Rafael Cruz. He delivered a sermon in August, 2012 where he discusses how Christians should "take dominion over the earth." Cruz goes on to define what that means, saying "dominion is over every area -- society, education, government, economics..." That particular moment happens 1 hour and 12 minutes in, if you care to watch. It's instructive to see him deliver that line with dictatorial passion.

Rafael Cruz Declares Son Ted Cruz 'The Anointed One' | Crooks and Liars

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-28-2013 at 01:00 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 12:48 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
we need a texas jesus to compete with Chitcago jesus

sorry y'all lost the jesus contest, our jesus can beat up your jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies