Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:01 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
And the ACA disapproval went up, contrary to all of the people clamoring how it became more popular during the Government shutdown. And the poll now has GOP blame for the shutdown at a meager 38%? Almost as many people blame both Obama and the GOP for the shutdown, again contrary to the clamor we heard in early October.

But, in an utmost twist, you now have Democratic Senators scrambling to write legislation about keeping your own plan if you like it (effectively, repealing the minimum standard provision of the ACA in part) and also delaying the mandate for a year (which will weaken the ACA significantly). By the way, wasn't the government forced into a shutdown when Reid and Obama refused to give in to those terrorist demands of a 1-year delay on the individual mandate? How ironic...
Can you imagine the chaos right now had they not extended the deadline for the employer mandate? Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
What's depressing is that 42 out of 100 people cannot see that this president has issues telling the truth.
A lot of people just don't care. I'm shocked his ratings are so high. This man lied to the American public for 3 straight years about healthcare. All his lies are coming home to roost yet he still has a 42% favorability rating. I'm surprised people aren't yelling for his impeachment.

All Clinton did was lie about sex in the Oval Office, this clown is destroying the best health care in the world.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Then if a new poll shows his approval ratings in the high 40%, conservatives won't mention it again until its in the low 40% in another poll. Oh Ramussen came out with a poll on October 30th and the President's approval was at 48% no mention from conservatives.

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
What's depressing is that 42 out of 100 people cannot see that this president has issues telling the truth.

Check the body language, check the transcripts -- there's a LOT of lying going on with him.

Also, he doesn't feel that rules apply to him! As do most politicians.

They smeared a friend of mine whose son went by the book and caught some politicans doing something dirty, so, they ruined his life, stripped him of his job...and believe me, that was small time politics compared to Washington.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Obama is not running for re-election so I don't see a whole lot of importance in his numbers. What may matter though in this poll is that a MAJORITY, 53%, of Americans now have a negative or very negative view of the Republican party. Were I a Rep, I would not be gloating over Obama's number so much after seeing that.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama is not running for re-election so I don't see a whole lot of importance in his numbers. What may matter though in this poll is that a MAJORITY, 53%, of Americans now have a negative or very negative view of the Republican party. Were I a Rep, I would not be gloating over Obama's number so much after seeing that.
He still has time to do this country even worse than he has already done, and yes, you are right about the republicans, it is time to clean house. Big Time!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
conservatives are blinded by hatred for President Obama. I mean if conservatives ratings were going up as the President's essentially stays the same, that'd be one thing, but cheering one poll with lower approval ratings while ignoring the Rasmussen poll that came out yesterday that showed the President's job approval rating at 48% or ignoring that his average approval rating over these polls has been unchanged essentially for 2months, doesn't even fit their narrative that President Obama is crashing in the polls. Not saying that he won't, just that it has not happened yet.

conservatives hyping up these poll numbers makes them feel less ideologically isolated. It gives them hope that finally the public sees President Obama as they do.
They are blind, the American public doesn't hate President Obama as they do, but they can't help but hope they do.
Read and learn, you will see conservative after conservatives say something to the effect that finally Americans are starting to see blah, blah, blah.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Meanwhile, 'across town': Republican Party Favorability Sinks to Record Low

Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM

Here is a lesson for conservatives, when GWBush's poll numbers were tanking, that was a benefit for the Democratic party as their poll numbers went up.

President Obama's poll numbers aren't helping conservatives. They are more unpopular than the Democratic party who is more Unpopular than President Obama. It is not helping you to cheer low poll numbers for President Obama while the conservatives party's poll numbers are in the crapper. How does that help you?

Old 10-31-2013, 10:20 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives are blinded by hatred for President Obama.
This is how Obama can get away with lie after lie. When he's called on them, blame conservatives for their "hatred". When he screws up and people die like Fast and Furious or Benghazi - blame racist Republicans.

This kind of blind stupidity is how a shyster like Obama keeps getting away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies