Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:11 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
To think Landrieu was one of the final holdout against voting for the Act to begin with.
Pressure and bribes got her vote though.
She may know think she was mistaken and should have stuck to her first instincts.
Or she wants another bribe.

Leftists are all criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 03:43 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
If folks don't approve of the Dems and even more don't approve of the Repubs is it time for a 3rd party ? It seems to me that there's a large proportion of the population who are stuck in some sort of political limbo-land supporting 'none of the above' and not having an outlet for what they do want/need/believe in. This is not a country divided its a country in near chaos.
Agree 100%

Hey all you boneheads still cheering for the Red Team/Blue Team. The majority of Americans woke up and realize both the Dems and the Repubs are one of the same. Obama is no different than Bush except Obama tends to lie more and seems a little arrogant.

I was a diehard Red Team player until around 2008. I would defend the Republicans no matter what. After I saw what the Democrats were doing after they came to power, basically the same policies as what the Republicans had except different players I started to question many things that were taking place as far as our governments actions. It was very easy to see the lies and corruption if you turned off the TV and started reading some unbiased material.

Now I feel sorry for people who still cheer on their team no matter what. All I can think is they are either brainwashed, like I was once, or just plain stupid.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Since I don't think he was really re elected, stop calling the american people idiots. I have my doubts he was even elected the first time and wouldn't have been had he been fully vetted.
But he is a clueless lying dolt of an empty suit, that's for sure.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:03 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Obama has a floor of about 35% or so. I don't expect it to get much lower than that.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama is not running for re-election so I don't see a whole lot of importance in his numbers. What may matter though in this poll is that a MAJORITY, 53%, of Americans now have a negative or very negative view of the Republican party. Were I a Rep, I would not be gloating over Obama's number so much after seeing that.
Republicans are not known for their ability to deal in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
THERE'S the Republican reality. It just gets glossed over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Since I don't think he was really re elected, stop calling the american people idiots. I have my doubts he was even elected the first time and wouldn't have been had he been fully vetted.
But he is a clueless lying dolt of an empty suit, that's for sure.
How do you figure that?

Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Agree 100%

Hey all you boneheads still cheering for the Red Team/Blue Team. The majority of Americans woke up and realize both the Dems and the Repubs are one of the same. Obama is no different than Bush except Obama tends to lie more and seems a little arrogant.

I was a diehard Red Team player until around 2008. I would defend the Republicans no matter what. After I saw what the Democrats were doing after they came to power, basically the same policies as what the Republicans had except different players I started to question many things that were taking place as far as our governments actions. It was very easy to see the lies and corruption if you turned off the TV and started reading some unbiased material.

Now I feel sorry for people who still cheer on their team no matter what. All I can think is they are either brainwashed, like I was once, or just plain stupid.
G.W. Bush never forced U.S. citizens to buy government-run health insurance. That is a big plus for him.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Interesting you are choosing to leave out some parts of this poll. Hmm I wonder why that is......

Party favoribility Dems
Total Positive 37%
Total Negative 40%
Net -3%

Party favoribility GOP
Total Positive 22%
Total Negative 53%
Net -31%

Take that "Net - 31%" under GOP which comprise of Democrat lights under the "R" name and add it to the Dems = -34%

Old 10-31-2013, 05:30 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Take that "Net - 31%" under GOP which comprise of Democrat lights under the "R" name and add it to the Dems = -34%
That is the kinda math that got the GOP in trouble election night. Remember?

FOX News reaction to Obama winning 2012 re-election (run da trap!) - YouTube

Old 10-31-2013, 05:41 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Most reps are in safe seats, so all they care about it what their voters care about. On the other hand, as his credibility goes out the window the president is dragging down the entire Democratic party.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Republicans are not known for their ability to deal in reality.
How do you figure that?
You guys don't keep up with the news, the Republicans aren't in power..! No wonder you still support comrade glitch, you're two years behind the times..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies