Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:30 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
We protested the war in the streets and had things thrown at us and were called unpatriotic traders because we didn't believe that politically and financially the Iraq War was a good thing to get involved in. The president lied, or was stupid enough to not realize, there were no WMDs and no connection between Saddam and Osama. The administration fumbled the entire occupation phase and what resulted was tens of thousands of dead people by our guns and almost a trillion dollars of American tax payer money. It's considered one of the greatest political blunders in modern history, and I still have yet to hear you conservatives apologize for dragging us into that mess with you and making us pay taxes for it.

Now it's our turn. We believe in something that you claim is naive, costly and simply won't work. And maybe it is. But just like the war, politicians on both sides of the table voted for it, so that means for better or for worse, we're all in this together, because that's what nations do. So suck it up, be patriotic, and quit crying and complaining and acting like you're a victim. You conservatives have been wussified. No one feels sorry for you. The law isn't going anywhere. It makes us laugh and smile everytime you start a thread or write a post about how miserable the health care act is making your life. We hope it pangs you for many years to come. Please keep us informed on how angry this law mgakes you. Keep telling us about your hard earned tax dollars being spent. We want more horror stories about what it is doing to your insurance policy. Realize this is your karma coming back to haunt you. You are reaping exactly what you sewed since the financial cost of the war and ACA are about the same after a 10 year period. And you're actually getting a sweet deal on moral karma, since you killed legions of Iraqi women and children and sent thousands of our young troops to die for nothing...and all you get in return is a bump in your premium and maybe a plan change.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." ~Jesus
I'm sure some pubs are just *ssholes about this but, do dems go right here every time with this...it's not about being evil or morality or not caring about others...it's the fact that the law is a disaster...it's written completely wrong...poor design...it's not going to work the way you think it's supposd to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 12:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not at all. The young and healthy, unlike Medicare, will be eligible immediately for benefits! That is why they are not paying for the old and sick. They are actually getting insurance coverage.

In reference to post #108.
go back and check what you said in response 106? You were insinuating medicare and ACE were the same thing; I am saying, they are very different!!!

Old 11-02-2013, 12:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
I didn't even read half of this garbage. You can't understand the basis of my argument which is that your party supported an expensive and controversial policy that completely failed, and now your whining like little annoying babies because we are supporting an expensive and controversial policy that you claim will fail. Until you can wrap your head around the irony of that, there's nothing to discuss. Keep feeling sorry for yourself and crying about it online.
I guess you still want to forget the comment about Republicans voting for ACA don't you? By not answering, you are saying all we need to know: you haven't a clue about who voted for what nor do you understand the difference between the Iraq war and ACA. I will let it go now, you have satisfied me and proven my points.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:25 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess you still want to forget the comment about Republicans voting for ACA don't you? By not answering, you are saying all we need to know: you haven't a clue about who voted for what nor do you understand the difference between the Iraq war and ACA. I will let it go now, you have satisfied me and proven my points.
I mistakenly thought a small amount of moderate Republicans voted for the bill, and I learned that none did. I'm not sure how this is supposed to change my overall point of this thread, which is that my tax dollars and some of my friends lives were lost to a war I did not support, so now I'm glad you refuglicans get to know how it feels to have a policy you don't support effect you in a negative way. I hope your premiums quadruple and you all get dropped from your insurance.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:27 PM

513 posts, read 541,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Hm. It's not specified in the Constitution, yes.

But let's pause for a moment to consider what you just said, as a typical "compassionate" conservative.

In order to "heal" people as a nation, you call it "stealing."

Thank you for summing up in one simple sentence the sum total of the conservative mindset.
Well, then - show us where in the Constitution where we are supposed to "heal" people.

Must be next to separation of church and state.

Yep, Conservatives just "hate the po' folk" - Thanks for being a mindless sheep

Old 11-02-2013, 04:32 PM

513 posts, read 541,581 times
Quote:
I mistakenly thought a small amount of moderate Republicans voted for the bill, and I learned that none did. I'm not sure how this is supposed to change my overall point of this thread, which is that my tax dollars and some of my friends lives were lost to a war I did not support, so now I'm glad you refuglicans get to know how it feels to have a policy you don't support effect you in a negative way. I hope your premiums quadruple and you all get dropped from your insurance.

Well, your brilliant Harvard "best and brightest" progs sent my Dad to Vietnam - he never came back - SO WHEN YOU'VE ACTUALLY SACRIFICED - come talk to me.

Hopefully worthless amoeba like you will die off quickly with ACA!

Now go run and report me!

Old 11-02-2013, 04:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
Well, your brilliant Harvard "best and brightest" progs sent my Dad to Vietnam - he never came back - SO WHEN YOU'VE ACTUALLY SACRIFICED - come talk to me.

Hopefully worthless amoeba like you will die off quickly with ACA!

Now go run and report me!
The only true opponents of our insane foreign policy in Congress are, besides Bernie Sanders, individuals associated with the Tea Party. The members of Congress most loathed by liberals.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So it's not like Medicare at all. Medicare recipients must pay premiums for a minimum of 10 years before becoming eligible for benefits.

Which costs less, giving people medical benefits right away? Or making people wait for at least 10 years after paying premiums all that time to get medical benefits?
Costs an individual a lot for nothing if they die before they become eligible for Medicare because they have no health insurance. Not such a good deal to pay in for a lifetime and get nothing.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
go back and check what you said in response 106? You were insinuating medicare and ACE were the same thing; I am saying, they are very different!!!
Are not both of them socialized healthcare programs?

How are they different?

Old 11-02-2013, 05:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
We protested the war in the streets and had things thrown at us and were called unpatriotic traders because we didn't believe that politically and financially the Iraq War was a good thing to get involved in.
No you weren't. You were lionized for "speaking truth to power" and it was said that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism." It's typical of liberals to try to portray themselves as crusaders, innovators, and victims when in reality they are simply spouting tired cliches and are the ones doing the victimizing themselves.

It took millions of dollars to repair the damage caused by the union protests in Wisconsin. The people supposedly protesting the Rodney King verdict took the opportunity to loot millions of dollars in stolen goods and took potshots at the firemen trying to save their communities from burning down.

Liberals took to the 60's and fashion themselves as crusaders for peace, minorities, and poor people from that era. But the reality is that they control the presidency, 80% of teachers identify as liberal, they control the Senate, and labor unions control hundreds of millions of dollars. Today liberals aren't out protesting "the man." Nowadays, liberals are the "the man". Nowadays there isn't anybody trying to stop liberals from speaking "the truth". Nowadays it is the liberals themselves who have instituted speech codes, hate speech laws, and promote the fairness doctrine. Liberals have gone from protesting censorship to being censors.
Quote:
The president lied, or was stupid enough to not realize, there were no WMDs and no connection between Saddam and Osama.
Apparently the same can be said for Democrats, since the resolution to attack Iraq was approved with majority Democrat support. It's another little niggling truth about the past that liberals try to ignore. But unfortunately for you, the voting records are public information.
Quote:
The administration fumbled the entire occupation phase and what resulted was tens of thousands of dead people by our guns and almost a trillion dollars of American tax payer money. It's considered one of the greatest political blunders in modern history, and I still have yet to hear you conservatives apologize for dragging us into that mess with you and making us pay taxes for it.
Why should we apologize for dragging you into that mess? That makes no sense. The intelligence reports showed that Saddam had WMD and Saddam had already used chemical weapons on both Iran and on his own people. If you notice, it was Democrats Kerry, Obama, and Biden leading the charge to strike Syria for doing the very same thing. I don't owe you an apology. Your side approved the Iraq war with majority votes, and your side pushed for attacking Syria over the same reason. I don't owe you squat.
Quote:
Now it's our turn.
It was your turn in the 1910's and we got the federal reserve which caused the great depression.

It was your turn in the 30s but it took WW2 to get us out of the depression you prolonged after your federal reserve created it.

It was your turn in the early 60s and you brought us the Vietnam War started by Democrat Kennedy and escalated by Democrat Johnson.

It was your turn in the 70s and we got the initial terrorist attacks, gas shortage, inflation, and the Iran hostage crisis.

It was your turn int he 90s and we got China making military technology leaps thanks to Clinton supplying them with classified information, we got the free trade agreements which resulted in the mass outsourcing of our jobs, we got the forced housing lending for poor and minorities under threat from Janet Reno to prosecute lenders which didn't comply which resulted in the collapse of the housing market.

And it's been your turn since Obama got elected and tripled the deficit, stepped up drone strikes, lost control of the middle east, sent guns to drug cartels, bungled the oil spill in the gulf, etc.

You've had enough turns already. We barely survive your turns.
Quote:
We believe in something that you claim is naive, costly and simply won't work. And maybe it is. But just like the war, politicians on both sides of the table voted for it, so that means for better or for worse, we're all in this together, because that's what nations do.
Really? So directly after complaining about protesting Republicans in the street, now you want Republicans to realize we all in this together. Your hypocrisy is so thick you could it with a knife.
Quote:
So suck it up, be patriotic, and quit crying and complaining and acting like you're a victim.
In other words, "do I say and not as I do". Again, your hypocrisy is laughable. You started off this post by complaining and acting you were a victim while Bush was president. But now that Obama is president, you whine and complain about conservatives doing exactly what you yourself did before. It's pathetic.
Quote:
You conservatives have been wussified. No one feels sorry for you.
I don't recall anybody asking people to feel sorry for us. Strawman.
Quote:
The law isn't going anywhere. It makes us laugh and smile everytime you start a thread or write a post about how miserable the health care act is making your life. We hope it pangs you for many years to come.
What happened to a few sentences ago where you wanted us all to come together and be one nation? Other people's life being made miserable makes you smile and laugh? Is that your liberal compassion on display? Again, pathetic.
Quote:
Please keep us informed on how angry this law makes you. Keep telling us about your hard earned tax dollars being spent. We want more horror stories about what it is doing to your insurance policy. Realize this is your karma coming back to haunt you. You are reaping exactly what you sewed since the financial cost of the war and ACA are about the same after a 10 year period.
Your logic is flawed. There is no "since the cost is about the same". The ACA is ongoing. The war is over. And the cost of the ACA and the cost of the war are apples and oranges. One is not related to the other. They are two separate expenses, voted on by separate congresses, addressing separate issues. Trying to tie them together is a complete logical failure.
Quote:
And you're actually getting a sweet deal on moral karma, since you killed legions of Iraqi women and children and sent thousands of our young troops to die for nothing...and all you get in return is a bump in your premium and maybe a plan change.
What about all the people you killed? Remember that pesky voting record? You voted for that war too.
Quote:
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." ~Jesus
You should really take the words to heart. You're doing exactly what you're complaining about others doing. Your entire post is an exercise in complete hypocrisy. Laughing at others' misery while you accuse them of not being compassionate. Excusing the expense of billions of dollars while you complain about the expense of billions of dollars. Excoriating conservatives for waging a war which was waged with full Democrat support. There's more than a little speck of sawdust in your own eye, my friend. Maybe you should see an optometrist before making foolish comments like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies