Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 03:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No, now you're making stuff up and insulting me.
What did I make up? If I made anything up I'll acknowledge it.

Quote:
Neither one of us knows what it's like to be president and what kind of awful decisions they have to make. Well, maybe you imagine you do because you're so superior. I can't imagine having that kind of ego.

So yeah, this convo is over. Enjoy yourself.
Please, I am all ears. I have been for years. Why is it that we must continue dropping bombs on people that have done nothing to us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So it's O.K. to be good at indiscriminately killing people as long as you aren't gleeful?
Spin? It seems that he is good at killing people which is the exact opposite of the president he promised to be. He doesn't have to admit that for it to be so.
There have been no indiscriminate drone attacks. Every single one was aimed at a purposeful target, and each target was an enemy of the U.S.

It is no different from dropping bombs out of an aircraft, or a long distance bombardment, or a surface attack. Each goes through a long chain of command that weighs many things, including the possibility of civilian death.

The President does not take such legal action lightly or frivolously. No Presidents ever have, and every President since the end of World War II has authorized actions that killed civilians, the wrong people, and accidental deaths from any number of reasons.

Yu already know all of that, but a cheap shot is always easy to take at any President. There is no glee in killing another, even if that person is trying to kill you first.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There have been no indiscriminate drone attacks. Every single one was aimed at a purposeful target, and each target was an enemy of the U.S.
Hardly. We have our own soldiers on occasion kill each other by mistake, there is no way war is this precise.

Quote:
It is no different from dropping bombs out of an aircraft, or a long distance bombardment, or a surface attack. Each goes through a long chain of command that weighs many things, including the possibility of civilian death.
I don't support doing it out of aircrafts either when nobody can explain what we are achieving. Well someone has.

Malala Yousafzai tells Obama drones are 'fueling terrorism' | Washington Watch | McClatchy DC

Quote:
The President does not take such legal action lightly or frivolously. No Presidents ever have, and every President since the end of World War II has authorized actions that killed civilians, the wrong people, and accidental deaths from any number of reasons.
I thought you said that doesn't happen?

Quote:
Yu already know all of that, but a cheap shot is always easy to take at any President. There is no glee in killing another, even if that person is trying to kill you first.
The people of Afghanistan are not trying to kill us.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:17 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,196,028 times
Quote:
You didn't really type that, right?

Old 11-05-2013, 06:28 AM

21,478 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Obama I understand
american people hatred of justice I do not understand
What kind of justice are you talking about here? You want police to be able to go around killing criminals without arresting, charging, and sentencing them? Or you prefer our military and/or the executive branch being able to direct drones to kill people in this country?

Hey, if that's what you like, why not move to some Somalia or Yemen?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
You didn't really type that, right?
I believe I did. Why are we in Afghanistan? What did Afghanistan do to us?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
I believe I did. Why are we in Afghanistan? What did Afghanistan do to us?

Supposedly that is where AL-CIA-DUH was hiding!

Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Hardly. We have our own soldiers on occasion kill each other by mistake, there is no way war is this precise.

This does not mean mistaken deaths have been indiscriminate. As i said, there have been no plans for any indiscriminate killing.

I don't support doing it out of aircrafts either when nobody can explain what we are achieving. Well someone has.

What does this sentence even mean? All this is is another straw man of yours. Sorry- deflection doesn't work.

I thought you said that doesn't happen?

Another straw man. I never claimed innocent deaths did not happen. I said they never happened indiscriminately.More failed deflection.

Some of them are, some of them aren't. Just ask any returning vet about the Taliban, who are Afghanis, are doing over there. Yet one more failure from you. If you are going to argue something, try to stay on track.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Some of them are, some of them aren't. Just ask any returning vet about the Taliban, who are Afghanis, are doing over there. Yet one more failure from you. If you are going to argue something, try to stay on track.
Gets to be a pain when someone puts their quotes inside yours. Yes, what they are doing over there. If we aren't over there they are not shooting at us. If they came here we would shoot at them also. If they were blowing up our homes we would retaliate also.

Sixteen-Year-Old Malala Yousafzai Warns Obama: 'Drone Attacks Are Fueling Terrorism' | ThinkProgress

When you shoot at someone and they can retaliate, they will. Quit shooting at them.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Hey hey BHO, how many kids have you blown up with a drone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies