Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Who the heck is talking about a mole removal? geeze My plastic surgen who did a wonderful job of removing my entire bottom lip and rebuilding a new one would remove a stupid mole for free.I pay cash and get great service and discounts to boot. at my age I ain't scared to die and with all the ins premiums I saved my daughters will have a great inheritance.i don't sit around thinking about Me and how I would want to be kept alive as a vegetable while the money doctors milked my ins and estate.seen it to often
If I paid cash for my daughter's tumor removal, it would have easily reached over $300K. Some insurance is smart. I have issue with Obamacare and purchasing things I simply do NOT need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
So you think any policy that doesn't cover medical care you KNOW you'll never need--such as coverage for maternity care and drug abuse treatment when you're a 55-year old whose kids are in their 30s--is substandard?
did you know that pre-obamacare, that they were paying for these "medical care" that they'll never need. Your policies cover these procedures whether you get them or not.

That's why its called insurance. to ensure that you'll be covered if YOU ever need to have that medical care.

And yes, a 55 year old woman can still get pregnant, if she hasn't gone through menopause yet

A 55 year old man, can still have sex and still get women pregnant.

I don't know what is so hard to understand? This is to help those from abusing the Emergency room and treating their ailments when they happen, and refocus them into PREVENTATIVE care, to catch ailments or issues BEFORE They become an issue and too expensive for that person to pay (because most ER issues will have to be picked up by the tax payers in the end).

In the end, this will help reduce medical costs, because the cost is shifted BACK to the person, and not on the tax payers. And revert ER back to EMERGENCY needs , instead of treating people for the freaking common cold or occasional stomach ache.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
The fact is more people voted for the president who said he'll implement ACA than for the candidate who said he'll strike it down. The law is the law and you can't have unpasteurized milk no matter how much you cry about it. You have to have mushrooms on your pizza. Now have your supreme pizza with pasteurized milk and enjoy it like the rest of us who don't mind doing our part to improve healthcare in this country. Don't like supreme pizza? Your spoiled brat strategy of holding the country hostage failed bigtime, so do it the time-honored way, vote your R's in to get your old crusty pizzas back.
He said he'd 'replace' that POS 0care. That's why I and many others didn't vote.

We want it GONE, not replaced or reformed. GONE! Health insurance is NOT the government's business.

Mitt Romney On Obamacare- 'I'm Not Getting Rid Of All Of Health Care Reform' - YouTube

Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
this.

and also, many of these companies rather cancel policies and roll people into new ones that comply, instead of changing current policies to try and meet the minimum requirements in Obamacare.

What we don't see and hear from these propaganda claims, are the re-enrollment because of meeting the new requirements
You cant change a contract without the consumers consent so no, they cant change the policy willy nilly..

Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
did you know that pre-obamacare, that they were paying for these "medical care" that they'll never need. Your policies cover these procedures whether you get them or not.

That's why its called insurance. to ensure that you'll be covered if YOU ever need to have that medical care.

And yes, a 55 year old woman can still get pregnant, if she hasn't gone through menopause yet

A 55 year old man, can still have sex and still get women pregnant.

I don't know what is so hard to understand? This is to help those from abusing the Emergency room and treating their ailments when they happen, and refocus them into PREVENTATIVE care, to catch ailments or issues BEFORE They become an issue and too expensive for that person to pay (because most ER issues will have to be picked up by the tax payers in the end).

In the end, this will help reduce medical costs, because the cost is shifted BACK to the person, and not on the tax payers. And revert ER back to EMERGENCY needs , instead of treating people for the freaking common cold or occasional stomach ache.
Please quote for us ONE TIME, that Obama said that we would have to all pay more, in order to get rid of substandard policies.. JUST ONE TIME..

Old 11-05-2013, 10:46 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes they did know it. More than 3 years ago.

"Under this assumption, the Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013. The low-end estimates are for 49 percent and 34 percent of small and large employer plans, respectively, to have relinquished grandfather status, and the high-end estimates are 80 percent and 64 percent, respectively."

https://webapps.dol.gov/federalregis...px?DocId=23967

And, YES, Obama and the Dems LIED TO and BETRAYED the American public.
Too soon to rep you for such a good catch. Even I missed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The thing that the RWNJ blogs are not saying.....
The things LNs are not saying....

American Hospital Assn

HEAVY HITTER The American Hospital Association represents 37,000 individual members at more than 5,000 hospitals and health care systems.
View totals for other cycles:
CONTRIBUTIONS
$2,383,767
ranks 137 of 20,981
LOBBYING
$19,251,200 (2012)
$20,823,341 (2011)
ranks 5 of 4,368 in 2012
OUTSIDE SPENDING
$1,912,675
ranks 47 of 296

The American Hospital Association gave....

$779 Million to Obama for America 2008
$260 Million to DNC 2008
$428 Million to RNC 2008

Source: American Hospital Association Pac (2008 Election) - US Campaign Committees

Quote:
Ask the states, they are the ones who regulated insurance before the Obamacare days.....
Uh, no, wrong, the American Hospital Association ---- see above --- regulated insurance via its lobbying efforts.

The American Hospital Association lobbied Congress and the IRS to alter the tax code in order to stifle competition, because insurance companies...using actuarial science, were offering less expensive plans the American Hospital Association owned Blue Cross at the time.

The change in the 1954 IRS Tax Code...

"Premiums paid by an employer on policies of group life insurance without cash surrender value covering the lives of his employees, or on policies of group health or accident insurance...do not constitute salary if such premiums are deductible by the employer under Section 23(a) of the IRS Code."

Source: Public Law 83-591, August 16, 1954; Internal Revenue Code of 1954, Section 106. For more information on the 1954 tax code.

...prohibited insurance companies from stipulating a value....a stipulated value is a necessity in order to be insurance.

That shifted the entire health insurance industry to fee-for-service, which is what the American Hospital Association's Blue Cross was doing under the Community Rating Scheme.

The American Hospital Association's Blue Cross had previously lobbied State legislatures to gain the "enabling laws" or "enabling legislation" allowing the Blue Cross to avoid being regulated by State insurance commissions....which gave the American Hospital Association a competitive advantage over insurance companies.....which is what monopolies do...seek competitive advantages.

If you were truly unbrainwashed, you'd know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Another observance about that silly link you showed is that millions of those people who will have a changing plan will be getting plans that are BETTER!
Better according to whom?

Obama? You? Neither of you have any right or business telling me what is better for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm with you. Better that a prez lie to do what's best for the people than allow them to be dupes of large insurers.
So what exactly do you have against Bush the Younger?

I guess that makes you an hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why do you like going without health insurance?
Why do you like controlling other people's lives?

Just wondering...

Mircea

Old 11-05-2013, 10:51 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,960 times
I ain't paying Obama $900 a month till he promises to keep me alive forever but he will not negociate he is the president of NO raging a war on old people . That was my impersonation of a Obama voter not getting his way.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:00 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
So, OP, how many of those policies are because their plans were substandard pre-Obamcare? So far, there's various links collected throughout these crocodile tear topics that suggest policy cancellations are due to nothing more than those plans not meeting minimum requirements, and that those companies are urging consumers to re-enroll in new ACA compliant policies. Doesn't really jive with your, "Obamacare obliterated your health plan" in the way that you intended to mean

Good point unbrainwashed!

As a middle-aged male, I definitely need a policy that includes maternity care just in case I get knocked-up.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,172,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
FYI, if you ever have something more serious than a mole removal, you might find that the bill could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
If you are so unfortunately hit with a bill of hundreds of thousands, then Obamacare will not save you either. The bronze plan only cover 60%. Factoring that going through the "insurance" plan always cost more, so you will be paying virtually the same if not more

Old 11-06-2013, 04:35 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
Stupid are the people with no alternatives to ACA and all hate. So what how many are opposed to Obamacare. It's the law, and helps people no matter what you say.
Sounds a lot like... "Stupid are the people with no alternatives to slavery and all hate. So what how many are opposed to slavery. It's the law, and helps people no matter what you say."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies