Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,533,375 times

Advertisements

Special Investigation: How Insurers Are Hiding Obamacare Benefits From Customers

What a misleading article. Sure ALL the insurance companies have joined into a conspiracy against Obamacare to derail it. Canceling thousands of people who are now paying them just to trap them into maybe staying with them like they knew the web site would not work and people wouldn't be able to find a better insurance.

Anything to cover Obama's backside. Some will go to any lengths for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:04 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,978,075 times
It is a website called "Talking Points Memo", you know.

It's not like there's anything true there.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:08 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,969,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
It is a website called "Talking Points Memo", you know.

It's not like there's anything true there.
TPM is a respected source and not a conspiracy site like infowars.

An the topic, insurance companies are required to change their policies to conform to the minimum standards of the ACA. What companies have been slyly doing is offering alternative plans that are more expensive and not telling the policy holder that they might do better on the exchanges. They also don't mention subsidies that might be available.

Quote:
Across the country, insurance companies have sent misleading letters to consumers, trying to lock them into the companies' own, sometimes more expensive health insurance plans rather than let them shop for insurance and tax credits on the Obamacare marketplaces -- which could lead to people like Donna spending thousands more for insurance than the law intended.
As DC at the Ridge said (http://www.city-data.com/forum/32129696-post34.html):
Quote:
The ACA allowed the insurance companies to grandfather these plans in. The INSURANCE COMPANIES made business decisions to cancel the plans... Insurance companies are not going to cover pre-existing conditions, and the sick and the elderly, unless they can cover those costs. And they have decided to cover those costs by cancelling existing policies, blaming it on the ACA, and moving people into more expensive coverages.

Last edited by MTAtech; 11-07-2013 at 08:27 AM..

Old 11-07-2013, 08:15 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,247,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
TPM is a respected source and not a conspiracy site like infowars.

An the topic, insurance companies are required to change their policies to conform to the minimum standards of the ACA. What companies have been slyly doing is offering alternative plans that are more expensive and not telling the policy holder that they might do better on the exchanges. They also don't mention subsidies that might be available.
Not up to the insurance companies to inform if subsidies are available.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:25 AM

President Asks for Help from the Very Groups He

President Asks for Help from the Very Groups He’s Demagogued to Death

This crude bit of political theater is part of the “blame the insurance companies for doing what we told them to do” act the Administration has peddled for a week. It also comes after a month of Democrats complaining that it’s somehow the Republican’s fault that Obamacare is failing and Republicans must therefore share some responsibility for fixing it.
As Grumpy Cat might say, “Um, no.”

Old 11-07-2013, 11:28 AM

8,637 posts, read 9,152,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Special Investigation: How Insurers Are Hiding Obamacare Benefits From Customers

What a misleading article. Sure ALL the insurance companies have joined into a conspiracy against Obamacare to derail it. Canceling thousands of people who are now paying them just to trap them into maybe staying with them like they knew the web site would not work and people wouldn't be able to find a better insurance.

Anything to cover Obama's backside. Some will go to any lengths for Obama.
You do realize health insurance companies can and do collude? They do not have to abide by anti-trust, they are exempt. So, I would not put anything past that racket.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Struggling Single Mom Tears Into Obama in Open Letter - Downtrend.com

Struggling Single Mom Tears Into Obama in Open Letter

Old 11-07-2013, 11:39 AM

Here is Vestal’s letter to Obama:

Dear President Obama,

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all you have done and are doing. You see I am a single Mom located in the very small town of Palmer, Texas. I live in a small rental house with my two children. I drive an older car that I pray daily runs just a little longer. I work at a mediocre job bringing home a much lower paycheck than you or your wife could even imagine living on. I have a lot of concerns about the new “Obamacare” along with the taxes being forced on us Americans and debts you are adding to our country. I have a few questions for you Mr. President.

Have you ever struggled to pay your bills? I have.

Have you ever sat and watched your children eat and you eat what was left on their plates when they were done, because there wasn’t enough for you to eat to? I have.

Have you ever had to rob Peter to pay Paul, and it still not be enough? I have.

Have you ever been so sick that you needed to see a doctor and get medicine, but had no health insurance because it was too expensive? I have.

Have you ever had to tell your children no, when they asked for something they needed? I have.

Have you ever patched holes in pants, glued shoes, replaced zippers, because it was cheaper than buying new? I have.

Have you ever had to put an item or two back at the grocery store, because you didn’t have enough money? I have.

Have you ever cried yourself to sleep, because you had no clue how you were going to make ends meet? I have.

My questions could go on and on. I don’t believe you have a clue what Americans are actually going through and honestly, I don’t believe you care. Not everyone lives extravagantly. While your family takes expensive trips that cost more than most of us make in two-four years, there are so many of us that suffer. Yet, you are doing all you can to add to the suffering. I think you are a very selfish and cold hearted man, who does not care what is best for the people he was elected by (not by me) to represent, but more so out for the glory of your name attached to history. So thank you Mr. President, thank you for pushing those of us that are barely staying afloat completely under water and driving America into the ground. You have made your mark in history, as the absolute worst and most hated president of the United States. God have mercy on your soul!

Sincerely,
Yolanda Vestal

Old 11-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Default From Yolanda's facebook page---

Yolanda Burroughs-Vestal

11 hours ago via mobile

I spent my evening reading and responding to about 300 messages. I have so many more to go, but my eyelids are heavy and I have to work tomorrow. I'm trying to answer all that I can. Your words have truly touched my heart. I never imagined my simple vent letter would be read by so many. Such a blessing. Thank you all for being so supportive. Words cannot express how much it means to me. I'm just one voice, but when I speak know that I speak for all Americans that struggle. You're not alone! Take care of one another. God bless!
Philippians 4:13 — feeling blessed.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
A tea party supporter who tears into Obama. That's about as shocking as Catholics observing Lent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies