Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
George H. Bush was voted out of office in 1992.

Lost in Texas indeed....
Wrong Bush... Keep up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
It's been a great 6 years after the departure of the idiot frat boy from Texas. And I think we can both agree that Hillary is certainly qualified and will do a great job in 2017!
I wish I could share your opinion of Hillary Clinton, but I think you will find she has a lot of baggage and she is a tired old hack. She has no place as president. Her ship sailed in 2008.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777
Presidents always look better after the fact when they have no real or imagined power over you. George H. Bush is generally liked and respected now. No so much when he was voted out of office
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker
When was Bush voted out of office?? Bush was blamed for the Iraq war. He did so with the intelligence he was given. The same intelligence that the congress used to support the war in Iraq.
Try and keep up.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I wish I could share your opinion of Hillary Clinton, but I think you will find she has a lot of baggage and she is a tired old hack. She has no place as president. Her ship sailed in 2008.

The only Republican who has a chance is Chris Christie. All the others are assorted flavors of crazy and while it plays well with the base, it won't translate into the numbers to take the White House.

Women voters will be energized in 2016, just watch.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
The only Republican who has a chance is Chris Christie. All the others are assorted flavors of crazy and while it plays well with the base, it won't translate into the numbers to take the White House.

Women voters will be energized in 2016, just watch.
I will agree that Hillary Clinton has a fairly decent chance of being elected sadly. I think if she is, you can stick a fork in it. We are done as a country. As for Christie, I don't think he has a shot at the nomination. Nor does Jeb Bush.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I almost can't believe we elected this buffoon twice. .
yeah, I cannot believe Republicans elected the same buffoon twice either.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:28 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
. Women voters will be energized in 2016, just watch.
Why do you say that?

Because they'll blindly vote for Hillary Clinton just to be part of another "first"?

Or because the real "war on women" is ultimately the same war that men are fighting? Women want jobs. They want jobs that pay enough money so that they can buy food, pay their mortgage, save for their kids education. They want jobs to be available when their kids graduate from college. They want real health care reform so that they can afford to pay healthcare costs without worrying about going bankrupt. They want decent schools and safe neighborhoods. They don't want to worry about paying for food vs paying for gas for their car. Women are being squeezed at every turn and from every direction, just as men are. And they're sick of it.

If you are talking about women voters being energized because they want true and legitimate change that will ensure a safer and more secure future for themselves and their families, then I agree with you that they will be energized.

If you are talking about women voters voting with their uteri, for someone simply because SHE has a uterus, well.........then I would disagree.

This from a woman.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:02 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
The self obsessed psychopath in the white house now makes Richard Nixon look good.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:23 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I'm sure she will do a good job.
You talking about Hillary or Liz Warren...?

Old 12-15-2013, 08:24 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Of course the first female president will do a good job- she will be a Republican.
Do you have one in mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies