Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 07:49 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
She resisted and earned a trip to the pokey,
but WTF were they shooting at them for?!?

Imagine killing a suspect fleeing from a traffic stop?!?
Opinion: From traffic stop to colonoscopy - CNN.com Got one better for you...want a free colonoscopy? Viotate a traffic law in Deming NM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Why do you have to assume these cops are racist? Are you the racist?

I'm glad you think that its OK for citizens to be able to drive off whenever they see fit during a traffic stop, even if the police officer is nice and doing nothing wrong.

Oh yea, I'm black.

I guess her instinct was right!!! they were thugs with badges, shoot up a car with five kids inside

Old 11-18-2013, 08:30 PM

349 posts, read 422,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I guess her instinct was right!!! they were thugs with badges, shoot up a car with five kids inside
So attemping to drive off from a traffic stop before any sort of violence occurs is ok?

I guess I can just assume every cop is a racist thug and drive off when he stops me for speeding. When I'm on the news for evading police and possibly killing someone by accident during the police chase, you better be defending me!

Old 11-18-2013, 08:48 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"After being issued the citation, the officer wrote that Ferrell proceeded to drive north in her Kia Sedona minivan after declining to pay the fine or return to Taos to contest it before a judge."

She had two choices: pay the $161 fine right then and there OR drive to the courthouse and contest it. Some people aren't used to those methods, heck maybe she thought they were trying to shake her down.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:20 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
This is probably the first cop video recently posted here where I side with the cops.

He clearly is going for the tires in the video. It wasn't wild shooting at the fan.
There was absolutely no reason to shoot at the car. They already had her license information.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Up until the police started firing at the vehicle, they were responding correctly. They should have used a taser on her and a right cross with a baton to the older sons face would have made him rethink his interfering.
But shooting at a vehicle with children in it was absolutely unjustified and reckless in the extreme. This police state everybody seems to want to try living in just escapes me.
But before we bash the police, I saw a story from Bucks County Pa where a shoplifting teenager got an asphalt makeover courtesy of the police. It made my day.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
So attemping to drive off from a traffic stop before any sort of violence occurs is ok?

I guess I can just assume every cop is a racist thug and drive off when he stops me for speeding. When I'm on the news for evading police and possibly killing someone by accident during the police chase, you better be defending me!

where did I say it was ok to drive off?? what I was saying is maybe she panicked and thought she was going to get roughed up by them cops.. her taking off still does not make it right for them thugs to shoot up a car full of kids..

Old 11-18-2013, 09:59 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Opinion: From traffic stop to colonoscopy - CNN.com Got one better for you...want a free colonoscopy? Viotate a traffic law in Deming NM.
Actually, I'm due for one, but they sent him a bill for his.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:03 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I'm not a fan of the police, to put it mildly. But after watching the video, I don't think they were totally unjustified in their actions. And it's hard to tell whether the cop was shooting at the tires or into the car. The mother is the idiot for acting like that and putting her children in danger.

I am very respectful of the cops, but you simply cannot justify shooting at a car
fleeing from a traffic stop for speeding, not to mention when children are in the car.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 PM

349 posts, read 422,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
where did I say it was ok to drive off?? what I was saying is maybe she panicked and thought she was going to get roughed up by them cops.. her taking off still does not make it right for them thugs to shoot up a car full of kids..
You made it seem as if she was justified in driving off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies