Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 04:17 PM

455 posts, read 598,028 times

Advertisements

Gizmo,
Didn't mean to be offending and my apologies. To answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do they kick out the men who finish last in their all-male units? I'm asking that honestly, because finishing last is still finishing.
Many times yes. Those who cannot hack it in an Infantry Line Battalion, will be reassigned if they can't make it as a member of a rifle squad.

The thing is, that ITB/Boot/Grunt school or whatever represents a canned situation or scenario. When a unit is actually training/fighting, they are bringing almost their entire MTOE (military table of organization and equipment) to wherever they are going. That could be medium machine guns, mortars, radios, batteries, etc. You figure you got to carry all of this stuff with a real-world packing list of stuff, that you actually are going to need, on your back, with a full basic load of ammo, food, water, clothes, etc.

Then do that over real-world terrain. Not a nature hike along a hardball or dirt road. I'm talking over mountain ridges, through swamps, temperate forests or jungles. And do this, day in and day out.

The Infantry will tear apart your body faster than you can say orthopedics. Luckily I wasn't an 11B or 0311 but was assigned as an artillery Forward Observer to an infantry unit for over a year. I was 23 years old.

Last edited by NWarty; 11-21-2013 at 04:26 PM..

Old 11-21-2013, 04:35 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
How am I threatened by women? I just don't wont political correctness to yet again destroy something that was working perfectly fine.

Again, do you really think a squadron of female marines can perform better than a squadron of males? If so, you have probably been watching too many movies or played Tomb Raider far too much.
If properly trained and motivated sure, why couldn't they?

Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I read the story, and they were NOT held to the same standards as men, as post #42 in this thread demonstrates. The utter contempt liberal freaks have for the military is why they are so eager to get as many killed as possible.
My dad's a liberal freak (and a Vietnam veteran) that could kick your butt from here to Mars.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
If properly trained and motivated sure, why couldn't they?
Because you will never field enough females in a single Battalion (500-900 personnel if they are either mechanized or light) under the current Infantry standards. An all male unit most likely will move faster and cover greater distances to an all-female one.

Given an all-out von Clausewitz's "Total War" scenario, then it's a country's struggle for survival and even then you won't see it, i.e. WWII Russian Infantry battalions. Female Snipers yes, infantry battalions, no.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
Because you will never field enough females in a single Battalion (500-900 personnel if they are either mechanized or light) under the current Infantry standards. An all male unit most likely will move faster and cover greater distances to an all-female one.

Given an all-out von Clausewitz's "Total War" scenario, then it's a country's struggle for survival. The goal posts change greatly.
I don't know all the numbers involved. I'm just saying a properly trained and motivated female can kick ass as well as a man.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I don't know all the numbers involved. I'm just saying a properly trained and motivated female can kick ass as well as a man.
I don't necessarily disagree, but those females are very, very few and far between if you're using the current Infantry standards let alone actually finding willing, qualified females who want to do the job. The same can be applied to any combat arms branch, more specifically MOS-specific duties within a combat arms branch.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
I have to wander how far off women registering for the draft is.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:04 PM

334 posts, read 716,229 times
Quote:
Nonsense. Did you serve in any outfit tougher than a Brownie troop?

Old 11-21-2013, 05:17 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What do they call the guy who finished last in his class in medical school?

That's right- they call him doctor.

If you have a critical injury and your life is hanging in the balance do you want that guy working on you?
Again, that wasn't my question... and I swear I had no other thoughts or opinions on the matter, I only wanted to know if finishing last was grounds for dismissal.

At least you tried, though! I have no personal stake in this game, so I think you're all reading waaaay too much into my posts on this thread.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
Nonsense. Did you serve in any outfit tougher than a Brownie troop?
I don't remember. Ask your sister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies