Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times

Advertisements

this is out off the chain!!!! the guy had a knife but was walking away from the 6 police officers when they unloaded their weapons on him.. you mean to tell me they couldn't have shot him in the legs

'A firing squad in uniforms:' Family's anger as video shows police shooting knife wielding homeless man 46 times | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,921,396 times
Every single one of those officers needs to be fired and perhaps even serve some time in prison. Based on what I saw/heard, their actions were totally unjustified. They used guns when a taser would have gotten the job done.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,015 times
This is beyond b***s***!

My BIL is a cop and while they do put their lives on the line daily, I see no reason for this.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:02 PM

192 posts, read 438,715 times
Well this *should* be enough proof to americans that you DO NOT trust a cop much less turn your back on one...but it won't be!
Too many trigger happy morons with a fetish for killing someone, but looking for the legal out allowing them to do so take the LEO exams, pass the class but fail to uphold the laws their sworn to!

T.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:05 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
There should be an independent firm, somehow tied to communities, that investigates and handles all cases of police corruption or malpractice. It shouldn't be left up to the departments.

It's time for citizens to start sticking together. Who else are we gonna turn to? Drop the partisanship

Old 08-18-2012, 09:21 PM

192 posts, read 438,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There should be an independent firm, somehow tied to communities, that investigates and handles all cases of police corruption or malpractice. It shouldn't be left up to the departments.

It's time for citizens to start sticking together. Who else are we gonna turn to? Drop the partisanship
As retired military, I rely on my training almost every day of my life. I've been in the position of the poor homeless guy once. Having been profiled because of my size and clothing, I was confused with a suspect they were hunting down. I told the cop who drew his weapon on me that I was unarmed, had been working on my truck in the same spot all day. He screamed at me to get on the ground, so I said you know what? Go ahead, pull the trigger. "What have YOU got to lose?" I stepped back turned and he tazed me. I pulled out the barbs and broke them off the wires and threw them on the ground.
I told him, I am unarmed! The next time you shoot at me it better be for KEEPS!!
By this time the sergeant who arrived in a second car told him to back off. I got tazed while being empty handed and no threat whatsoever.
Nope, definitely do not trust a cop!

T.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
CNN played this video and you had 6 police officers shoot a mentally disturbed man with a knife in his hand running away from the police. It was like watching a firing squad the way they unloaded on this guy! If he was so dangerous why didn't they just tase him? The video was quite schoking to say the least.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times
Imagine just for a second if the victim was a person living in a gated community. What would the reaction be? Would the cops have opened fire in that situation?

I simply love the folks who speak of "class warfare." This, you simpletons, is an actual example of "class warfare" because you know da*n well these degenerates would never open fire on that upper class man running from them in the gated community.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:56 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
that was gestapo at work or thugs with badges,, some of those bullets could have hit some pedestrians down range, total gestapo brutality thats what it was...

Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
that was gestapo at work or thugs with badges,, some of those bullets could have hit some pedestrians down range, total gestapo brutality thats what it was...
Well they did order lots of ammo, why not their not paying for it...

Go long on OLIN corp. and ATK...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies