Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 11:07 AM

38 posts, read 136,838 times

Advertisements

The current income tax system is currently used for more than just tax collection. I submit to you that it is used to control corporations, people and muzzle free speech. It is used to affect purchases. Large sport utility vehicle can be fully deducted if they meet the weight rating and a fuel efficient small car can‘t. You could get a measly $2,000 tax credit for a hybrid vehicle or a $38,000 tax cut for a sport utility vehicle and this affects choice. This alone has increased our dependants on foreign oil and has lined the pockets of big oil. Our tax system encourages early replacement of all kinds of things. The incredible amount of waste created by the current tax system fills our junkyards and pollutes our air.

The tax system influences when we make a purchase or when we sell, sometimes when we have a baby; it is not unheard of to induce labor a few days early for the tax break. There is what is known as a marriage penalty. Birth control is tax deductible if you have surgery. There is a tax discount for corporations that outsource their jobs to foreign countries. There are discounts for donations to churches approved by the Internal Revenue Service, and to stay approved they must limit free speech on politics and can’t endorse politicians. I can’t think of a better system to control and influence free speech in church and in life can you? What right has been given by the people for such control?

I support replacing the income tax with a value added tax, and reserving sales tax for states.

Author: RICHARD CHARLES ANTOLINEZ
Email:nativegator@msn.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 04:10 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,596 times
Don't know much about the V.A.T. tax but from what i've heard it don't work. FFHD can help here.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:19 PM

544 posts, read 610,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Charles Antolinez View Post
The current income tax system is currently used for more than just tax collection. I submit to you that it is used to control corporations, people and muzzle free speech.

There are discounts for donations to churches approved by the Internal Revenue Service, and to stay approved they must limit free speech on politics and can’t endorse politicians. I can’t think of a better system to control and influence free speech in church and in life can you? What right has been given by the people for such control?

I support replacing the income tax with a value added tax, and reserving sales tax for states.
What a great, accurate post. It's too bad that most people are sheeple just shuffling their actions to the beat of their masters.

Fast forward 7 years, and millions upon millions of people have woken up. However, it seems that the control is so great now that even though at least 15% of the population knows they are being watched and controlled by evil powers, there is nothing they can do about it.

There is actually one party in particular that calls for more government and to give up more rights to the government. However, the other party is terrible as well.

I do not agree with the VAT, but I think a flat tax would be a great way to reform this country for the better.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:35 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
The current income tax system is currently used for more than just tax collection. I submit to you that it is used to control corporations, people and muzzle free speech. It is used to affect purchases. Large sport utility vehicle can be fully deducted if they meet the weight rating and a fuel efficient small car can‘t. You could get a measly $2,000 tax credit for a hybrid vehicle or a $38,000 tax cut for a sport utility vehicle and this affects choice. This alone has increased our dependants on foreign oil and has lined the pockets of big oil. Our tax system encourages early replacement of all kinds of things. The incredible amount of waste created by the current tax system fills our junkyards and pollutes our air.

The tax system influences when we make a purchase or when we sell, sometimes when we have a baby; it is not unheard of to induce labor a few days early for the tax break. There is what is known as a marriage penalty. Birth control is tax deductible if you have surgery. There is a tax discount for corporations that outsource their jobs to foreign countries. There are discounts for donations to churches approved by the Internal Revenue Service, and to stay approved they must limit free speech on politics and can’t endorse politicians. I can’t think of a better system to control and influence free speech in church and in life can you? What right has been given by the people for such control?

The Income Tax has always been about controlling individuals.

It was never, as the Conservatives or Libertarians believed, about the "almighty dollar".

It was always about the almighty personal and corporate information of individuals and corporations, respectively.

A Value Added Tax controls "mass" economics, which controls classes of people.

The individual might come out better if a VAT were to replace Income Tax.

Naww! Technological surveillance has pretty much made economic surveillance obsolete at most levels.

Maybe just apply the Income Tax to the CIA.

After all, it isn't known as "The Company" for nothing.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 12-03-2013 at 01:51 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post

I do not agree with the VAT, but I think a flat tax would be a great way to reform this country for the better.
A flat tax would be genocide without welfare to pay it.

Flat income tax, or flat consumption tax?

Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
Quote:

VAT taxes are the WORST there is. It creates a massive economic disincentive to produce things inside the country. It places domestic industry at a huge economic disadvantage to importation.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:00 PM

544 posts, read 610,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
A flat tax would be genocide without welfare to pay it.

Flat income tax, or flat consumption tax?
Flat sales tax. The rich generally buy more stuff , and more expensive things, so they will end up paying more. But everyone will be paying it when they buy stuff, so it would be harder for the federal gov't to raise taxes for their crap bureaucracies since most people of all incomes would be against the increase.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
I submit they tax leftists only with a VAT.

Anyone who thinks taxes should be raised or new taxes should be levied are the only ones who should pay.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Flat sales tax. The rich generally buy more stuff , and more expensive things, so they will end up paying more. But everyone will be paying it when they buy stuff, so it would be harder for the federal gov't to raise taxes for their crap bureaucracies since most people of all incomes would be against the increase.
The rich "consume" much less from their "disposable" income than the poorer folks do.

Most folks in my neighborhood don't even have "disposable" income.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:07 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I submit they tax leftists only with a VAT.

Anyone who thinks taxes should be raised or new taxes should be levied are the only ones who should pay.
They never volunteer more taxes. That tells you that they don't actually believe in them. People act on what they truly believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies