Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 09:14 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
First it was a black racist, and now it's a homosexual bigot. What other kinds of great citizens will liberal social policy produce? I'm anxious to find out!
If there were not so many bigots there wouldn't be any of these problems.

What is liberal social policy? ALL people are treated equally, regardless of race, lender, or sexual orientation??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 09:45 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe, just maybe you should consider clicking on the opening links?

I mean, dear god....the people blamed in the story managed to somehow hear it was them and then responded.

Plus, if any semi-intelligent human being were to click on the link you would see that the news sources had to block out the names of the people......

So yes. They were identified.
Yes, I read the links. You don't have to be condescending. I don't know these peoples' names, and I don't really give a crap who they are. If they just stay quiet, everyone's going to forget who they are in about 2 seconds. But if there's money to be made from "defamation", I'm sure they'll pursue it. (I believe them that they tipped her.)

Old 11-30-2013, 09:48 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
If there were not so many bigots there wouldn't be any of these problems.

What is liberal social policy? ALL people are treated equally, regardless of race, lender, or sexual orientation??
Bigots? You mean the lying waitresses who used innocent people in their scams?

Old 11-30-2013, 10:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Bigots? You mean the lying waitresses who used innocent people in their scams?
How does that make her a bigot? A lying, cheating, ********* - sure. But a bigot?

edit: (seriously - fraudst*r (*=e) is a banned word on here)

Old 12-01-2013, 12:03 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am such an idiot. Here I am, working my arse off to save up 3 grand to pay for a new engine, when all I really had to do was go get a waitress job for one day, fake a note on the receipt stating that someone didn't like something about me, and bam! I could have had that three grand and a little savings left over.

That's it....I'm going on welfare and making up stories, I'm tired of doing things the right way.
it would be just your luck though that you would do what she did, and then get arrested and charged with felony theft by deception, convicted, and forced to pay pack every penny you received, pay a fine of $100,000, and spend the next five years in prison being someone girlfriend, and then having a felony record when you finally get out.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it would be just your luck though that you would do what she did, and then get arrested and charged with felony theft by deception, convicted, and forced to pay pack every penny you received, pay a fine of $100,000, and spend the next five years in prison being someone girlfriend, and then having a felony record when you finally get out.
So true. Not everyone will end up with $10K to buy a new car and go back to work and claim it was a "blessing in disguise".

Old 12-01-2013, 04:52 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yes, I read the links. You don't have to be condescending. I don't know these peoples' names, and I don't really give a crap who they are. If they just stay quiet, everyone's going to forget who they are in about 2 seconds. But if there's money to be made from "defamation", I'm sure they'll pursue it. (I believe them that they tipped her.)
It sounds like you are blaming the victims, when the morons who posted pictures of the receipts are ones to blame. The people whose receipts are posted out there deserve to be compensated when their privacy rights are violated.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
That's actually accurate...that is precisely what would happen to me. Everyone else gets away with everything but if I do one tiny thing, just to test the waters? (sirens wailing)

I'll just sit here pissed off, instead.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
That's actually accurate...that is precisely what would happen to me. Everyone else gets away with everything but if I do one tiny thing, just to test the waters? (sirens wailing)

better than being p*ssed on.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Quote:

It seems like I can just think of doing something wrong and I still get thumped for it. I can't believe this girl didn't stop and think for just one second what would happen to her if everyone found out this was a lie. Maybe she only thought only her and a small group of friends would be the only ones who would hear her sad story.

I hope she learned a lesson from this, but I bet some how she will play the victim card, it seems to be her MO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies