Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 12:06 PM

23,177 posts, read 26,293,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Money, money, money, money, money, money, money....

364 OTHER days of the year just aren't enough, huh? Because they'll starve to death without that Thanksgiving holiday money.
So what? Does every commercial establishment in your area force you into them?
Did you stay home (posting on CD) yesterday because you chose to?
That's the crux of the matter....choice.

No more to say to those that think their choice must be everyone else's.
Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 12:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,311,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Pizza Hut, La Pizza, Pizzeria Da Antonio or Kotipizza, what difference does it make?
Ok..let's reset.

I said that in the E.U. nations, most everything is closed on weekends and holidays with the exception of certain restaurants, etc...

This means that if you go to Paris for example, you'll be able to get a seat at "certain" restaurants.

Now if we look at tourists coming to the United States during the Thanksgiving holiday, they can probably find certain restaurants open, but PLEASE don't tell me that they're looking forward to their Pizza Hut dinner in America. Non Americans generally have more sense than that.

Here's the thing; they fired him and then rehired him which pretty much tells me all I need to know. They knew they were wrong...bottom line. Otherwise, they would've stuck to their guns.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,311,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
So what? Does every commercial establishment in your area force you into them?
Did you stay home (posting on CD) yesterday because you chose to?
That's the crux of the matter....choice.

No more to say to those that think their choice must be everyone else's.
Bye.
Go eat your leftover Thanksgiving Pizza.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:47 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,265,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

I do know that I was outside for awhile last night and the Domino's and Papa John's delivery guys were busy going up and down the streets.
Papa Johns at 2802 East 11th st Tulsa, OK was closed yesterday.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:51 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,265,167 times
Quote:
LMAO...you right wing types are SO TRADITIONAL when it come to everything. You all wanna take American life back to 1850 if you could.

But when the almighty buck is on the line, then you're all so avant-garde and contemporary.

Eat your pizza while grooming Labradoodles on Thanksgiving if you choose. I don't give a hoot.

But my mind hasn't changed...this country should be DEAD on Thanksgiving. Period.
Funny most of these right wingers try to come off like they are Barons of Capitalism...LOL

Old 11-29-2013, 03:52 PM

45,600 posts, read 60,994,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Papa Johns at 2802 East 11th st Tulsa, OK was closed yesterday.
The one at 8020 Bayside Road Chesapeake Beach, MD was not.

Nor was the owner's dad's restaurants across the road, or the Domino's. Of course the Chinese place was open. As was the Subway and McDonald's.

As to Papa John's I got about 6 emails from them yesterday pushing one holiday special or another. Same with Domino's.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:56 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,409,672 times
And the Pizza Hut involved in this story was closed.

There. Now that we've taken roll call...

Old 11-29-2013, 03:58 PM

45,600 posts, read 60,994,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
And the Pizza Hut involved in this story was closed.

There. Now that we've taken roll call...
Who's up for some pizza?

Old 11-29-2013, 03:59 PM

25,898 posts, read 16,618,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've had to work holidays many times. Many people do. What if air traffic controllers simply decided they were going to shut down on a holiday?

It sure would suck for you if you had a heart attack and called for an ambulance only to hear a recording to call back tomorrow as they took the holiday's off.
There's a difference between essential personnel and a pizza restaurant manager.

I've worked Thanksgivings and Christmas's on and off for the last 25 years, but that doesn't make me think other people need to as well. The lights have to be on, but pizza does not have to be served.

I get well compensated for working holidays, but I'm sure this guy was expected to work for no extra pay.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,896,877 times
Quote:
Try Italy, Germany, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, etc,etc, and effin' etc!
Not dead at all; but I guess we have to agree on a definition of "dead".

Dead to me is where everything is closed, except emergency services and a 7/11.

Many places close not because it is Sunday, but just because the lack of business on that day. Areas that are business districts are often shut down on the weekends.

My years living in Europe and traveling there, I never came across places I would call "dead".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies