Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 06:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Could you please make a list of things that Obama has done wrong?
Took a robust public option off the health care reform table and pushed through a bill centered around a mandate to buy private health insurance.

Didn't push for a large enough stimulus package to combat the stagnant economy.

Not closing Gitmo.

Expanding electronic surveillance and the collection of meta-data.

Answering a question from a teabagger about "teabaggers" using the language of the question - "teabaggers" - is neither uncivil nor something Obama has done wrong.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:10 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,713,325 times
The article contains a picture of what is alleged to be the note from Obama. No one in the press will ever ask him abut this, so we won't get to hear what he says, but I would guess that either he doesn't know that the term is offensive, or he hates the Tea Party so much he does it on purpose. He does not see himself as the president of the entire country but only those who support him.

Obama (Allegedly) Uses

Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Took a robust public option off the health care reform table and pushed through a bill centered around a mandate to buy private health insurance.

Didn't push for a large enough stimulus package to combat the stagnant economy.

Not closing Gitmo.

Expanding electronic surveillance and the collection of meta-data.

Answering a question from a teabagger about "teabaggers" using the language of the question - "teabaggers" - is neither uncivil nor something Obama has done wrong.
That is a weak list as #1 wouldn't have passed, probably not #2 either, #3 isn't really his fault, and #4 is.

However, out of the several dozen things you could have listed, you at least didn't give zero...you are the first Obama supporter to at least answer with something when I ask.

Jon Stewart Scolds Rachel Maddow and MSNBC for Saying 'Teabagger' - YouTube

If you think it is okay for Obama to call for civility from Republicans, but refuse to call out his own party and then partake in it himself...then fine let Obama be a hypocrite...

Just a short list of Obama acting as Bush III

Under Obama we have seen:

Afghanistan Escalated ~75% of the deaths on his watch.

Drone bases expanded with more drones over more countries and more civilian deaths.

Bush's Iraq withdrawal timeline, except Obama tried to extend it and left far more people there.

Increased lobbyists in WH.

Increased earmarks after Obama blasted Bush for them and promised to reduce them by veto if necessary.

NSA.

Patriot Act.

More no-bid contracts than Bush.

No-bid contracts to Halliburton, something he specifically promised not to do.

Bombed more countries.

Flip flopped on whether he needed congress to bomb countries that weren't posing a threat.

Violated the war powers act by bombing after 60 days without going to congress.

Has done more signing statements than Bush after saying he wouldn't do any.

Lied about his own mother's death and continued to do so after getting caught. Scumbag move?

Obama said he would replace too big to fail...his new system has the same thing.

Torture - still happens...we just fly them to where it is legal to torture and have them do it.

Spying on citizens...

Fast and Furious...

Regressive taxes...payroll reduction was made up for with fees on middle and lower income fannie and freddie loans.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What ELSE are you going to call someone covered in teabags besides a teabagger?
What ELSE are you going to call someone carrying a 'I'm Teabagging For Jesus!' sign?

If it`s covered in teabags and carrying an 'I'm teabagging' sign, then it's a teabagger.
That's like saying what else are you going to call a black person besides a "N".

I guess you don't mind using derogatory terms for people, as long as they are people you don't like.

That's what's called a "bigot"

Old 11-30-2013, 06:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
One has to remember this is same president who described many American as grasping to their bibles and guns as if it where a mental disease. The guy is often said to have picked Biden because he also puts his foot in his mouth a lot.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:43 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Who the hell cares? Especially since these people were walking around with teabags stapled to everything and carrying 'Teabagging for Jesus!' signs.
Now they're going to act all butthurt? Give me a break.

"Butt hurt"?

I always find these liberal insinuations of homosexual rape and sodomy to be completely without class. One can see, however, that this term has become a staple of the liberal lexicon.

Should the POTUS be casting dispersions toward one group or another? Of course not. It simply demonstrates that Obama does not care, nor represent, a good deal of the nation and is the "divider in chief".

I wonder what the libs would say if a conservative president talked about "liberal loons" or "*******s"?

Old 11-30-2013, 06:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The guy is often said to have picked Biden because he also puts his foot in his mouth a lot.
Link? To a credible source?

Thanks.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
What ELSE are you going to call someone covered in teabags besides a teabagger?
What ELSE are you going to call someone carrying a 'I'm Teabagging For Jesus!' sign?

If it`s covered in teabags and carrying an 'I'm teabagging' sign, then it's a teabagger.
Anything but rude sexual insults.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:59 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Link? To a credible source?

Thanks.
No link necessary. Obama releases Biden on the public whenever Obama says something foolish because Biden has the uncanny ability to say something so stupid it makes Obama look good.

If Biden runs in 2016 I wonder who he will pick as VP. It's going to have to be someone twice as stupid as Biden in order to make Biden look good when he says something stupid.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:02 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Anything but rude sexual insults.
How can it be a "rude sexual insult" when they used the very word to describe themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies