Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:21 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But they get free preventative care and free birth control.
That's all that seems to matter and is the big selling point.
Yeah why should guys have to pay for the health care costs of women like breast cancer and hysterectomies?Let women pay all their costs...is that something you support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
THIS BILL IS CRAP, and most people with a brain could see thru all the whoopla.

Deductibles and premiums raised to high heaven, less benefits then they now have, exchanges quite the joke. And no people many poor unsuspecting souls cannot keep their current Doctor, which was told to us by a liar.

WTF is a bare bone policy, know they are in trouble.
The 15% of the people who arent on Medicare, Tricare, VA, private insurance, etc. know what a bare bones policy is. The rest who are complaining about the ACA dont seem to have a clue.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:29 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I have never seen such a F ed up fiasco, ever. Now the clowns want to make things worse with yet another fix. Too many bandages on a wound will cause the wound to fester, rot, and possibly die off.

It is a Fox News article, but hey, none of the other water carrier news organizations will report the truth for this man/administration, even when ratings show they are being dragged down by the person they are protecting.

Administration announces new ObamaCare exemption | Fox News
I guess there's just no reason to have a legislative body anymore. ALL HAIL THE KING!

Old 12-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I have never seen such a F ed up fiasco, ever. Now the clowns want to make things worse with yet another fix. Too many bandages on a wound will cause the wound to fester, rot, and possibly die off.

It is a Fox News article, but hey, none of the other water carrier news organizations will report the truth for this man/administration, even when ratings show they are being dragged down by the person they are protecting.

Administration announces new ObamaCare exemption | Fox News
So the President just bent the rules. Its going to cost the insurance companies not the taxpayers. The insurance companies built plenty of profit into this. I guess your upset because the insurance companies wont be making as much money. Hey if you want to get upset about taxpayers getting hosed look at how we subsidize the wealthy with Medicare.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Yeah why should guys have to pay for the health care costs of women like breast cancer and hysterectomies?Let women pay all their costs...is that something you support?
You pay your premiums so you get your healthcare.
It's now my fault you have no money ?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
So the President just bent the rules. Its going to cost the insurance companies not the taxpayers. The insurance companies built plenty of profit into this. I guess your upset because the insurance companies wont be making as much money. Hey if you want to get upset about taxpayers getting hosed look at how we subsidize the wealthy with Medicare.
Not it won't. HHS promised to cover any losses the insurance companies get from this.
So it will cost the taxpayers.

Welcome to OBAMACARE

Old 12-20-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not it won't. HHS promised to cover any losses the insurance companies get from this.
So it will cost the taxpayers.

Welcome to OBAMACARE
They are a long ways from any losses. What would they be anyway? We are already underwriting Medicare to the tune of about 250 billion a year. The ACA is not projected to run a loss. I guess you can keep hoping for a death spiral and then what.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
One thing that we know for sure: Republicans can do no better.

I applaud the President and his effort here in addressing a major health care crisis, one that Republicans ignored when Bush was in office. While Pubs continue to try to do all they can to make it fail and deceive others into thinking it's bad, the program continues to improve. Glitches are expected.

The hole is in the GOP's chances of becoming relevant again given the changing demographics.

As usual, Lexus doesn't fail to entertain.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:49 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Well, as pointed out today in an oped, the nice thing about Obama once again changing the rules and setting the precedent of not signing up and not paying the penalty (both of which undermines the shoddy finances upon which that abomination is built), a Republican president would then have the ability to exempt everyone from the law with a similar executive order using similar "out of my arse" reasoning, and Obama's precedent would give the Democrats no way to fight back really.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
The insurance companies have 2 Bailouts from Obama.

Bailout #1 is part of the ACA - it's a payment to give them money for the Transition to ObamaCare
Bailout #2 was announced after Obama requested that they "take back" their Cancellations that were Mandated by the ACA - I don't remember the amount for the first Bailout, but the New York Times reported that the second Bailout was up to a Trillion dollars.

There is no such thing as "Free" - the Government money comes from Taxpayers, it doesn't grow on Trees and it's not found at the end of a Rainbow. That's not to say that the Insurance companies won't be making money on this boondoggle …….. after all, they are getting 2 Bailouts from Obama to comply with the ACA.

As for Medicare and your rants about it. It's perfectly reasonable to rant about AARP, they claim to be an advocate for Seniors - but are in the Insurance Sales business and that's where they make their money. It's not reasonable to rant about Medicare for seniors - when I am forced to go on Medicare, my premiums with triple and that will only get me Hospitalization coverage with a 20% co-pay. No other services unless I buy another policy of some sort. It's certainly not a 'great deal' compared to what I have today and today's policy is a High Deductible HSA with wellness annual exams that are totally covered by insurance. Seniors have to buy a policy for Drugs, a policy for Vision & Dental, a policy for Doctor visits ….. Medicare is for Hospitalization and you have to pay for that separately from any additional coverage you might want - which must be Government approved. Then you have to battle to find a doctor that will take the payments that the Government decides. It's no bargain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies