Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 10:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What makes you think it has to be controlled by a singular gene to be genetic? Lots of genes, epigenes, hormones, etc. are involved. Sexuality is too complex to be controlled by a single gene. It's still determined in fetal development.
Where is the gay gene?

The rest of your nonsensical post is just a cop out.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:04 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Where is the gay gene?

The rest of your nonsensical post is just a cop out.
Where is the straight gene? Everything you post is a cop out and nonsensical. The civil rights movement was not the black civil rights movement, civil rights belong to everyone, not just black people and in the civil rights movement, gays as well as other races fought for civil rights. You were not even born yet, so I guess you think it was not real.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
It makes perfect sense.

No gay gene exists. Correct?

Dragonslayer suggested that inborn traits do not have to be genetic.

The gay army compares itself to the black civil rights movement - shamelessly, Harrier might add.

If the two are comparable, and homosexuality is not a genetic trait, does that mean that proponents of gay marriage who compare themselves to the black civil rights activists, think that skin pigmentation is also not genetic?
Do not put words in my mouth, I never suggested that inborn traits do not have to be genetic and I believe one is born gay or born straight, that one cannot just make a choice one day to want and desire sex with one or the other and you yourself admits that you find the thought of sex with a man disgusting, so obviously for you you could not choose to have a sexual attraction to men. There is no gay army, there is though a gay population that is sick and tired of having to prove to idiots and morons that we no more choose our sexual orientation then they do..

Old 12-22-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Where is the straight gene? Everything you post is a cop out and nonsensical. The civil rights movement was not the black civil rights movement, civil rights belong to everyone, not just black people and in the civil rights movement, gays as well as other races fought for civil rights. You were not even born yet, so I guess you think it was not real.
Hmmm... then you had better get hold of the curriculum deciders at the liberal indoctrination center Harrier attended in Washington State(a bit south of Seattle).

They never said anything about homosexuals being part of the 1950's-1960's civil rights movement, but they did say that "gay rights" began as a movement in the mid-late 1970's, and Harrier has had this reiterated at institutions of higher learning (both a public college and a public university in liberal California), and in various books and journal articles which he has read.

You seem to be a lonely voice, trying to say that "gay rights" was part of what is known as the Civil Rights Movement in the United States.

Shame on you for trying to shoehorn your selfish agenda into what was a legitimate crusade.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Do not put words in my mouth, I never suggested that inborn traits do not have to be genetic and I believe one is born gay or born straight, that one cannot just make a choice one day to want and desire sex with one or the other and you yourself admits that you find the thought of sex with a man disgusting, so obviously for you you could not choose to have a sexual attraction to men. There is no gay army, there is though a gay population that is sick and tired of having to prove to idiots and morons that we no more choose our sexual orientation then they do..
Sorry about that.

Harrier meant to attribute that quote to its owner - Lior Arel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
In-born traits don't have to be genetic
Do you disagree with Lior Arel?

Old 12-22-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Sorry about that.

Harrier meant to attribute that quote to its owner - Lior Arel.

Do you disagree with Lior Arel?
Yes I do agree with her. Also you are wrong, gays fought along black people, and other people of color in the civil rights movement and again for you who is so stubborn to understand, civil rights belong to everyone, not just black people and the civil rights was not just about black people. It is you that is too young to have lived through that age and can only depend on your history book for information. Black people were and have been persecuted, so have gays and for a dang long time. Civil rights are not just for black people.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:29 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
There is absolutely zero comparison of the treatment of those groups.

To even suggest so is a slap in the face of the surviving people of the black civil rights movement, and pissing on the graves of those who gave their lives in support of that worthy cause.
Coretta Scott King (wife of Martin Luther King Jnr) disagrees with you (as would most rational people)

A Collection of Coretta Scott King Quotes regarding GLBT Rights

Source: Reuters, March 31, 1998.
Coretta Scott King, speaking four days before the 30th anniversary of her husband's assassination, said Tuesday the civil rights leader's memory demanded a strong stand for gay and lesbian rights.

"I still hear people say that I should not be talking about the rights of lesbian and gay people and I should stick to the issue of racial justice," she said. "But I hasten to remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. said, 'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.'" "I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream to make room at the table of brother- and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people," she said.

Source: Chicago Defender, April 1, 1998, front page.
Speaking before nearly 600 people at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel, Coretta Scott King, the wife of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Tuesday called on the civil rights community to join in the struggle against homophobia and anti-gay bias. "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood," King stated. "This sets the stage for further repression and violence that spread all too easily to victimize the next minority group."

Source: Chicago Sun Times, April 1, 1998, p.18.
"We are all tied together in a single garment of destiny . . . I can never be what I ought to be until you are allowed to be what you ought to be," she said, quoting her husband. "I've always felt that homophobic attitudes and policies were unjust and unworthy of a free society and must be opposed by all Americans who believe in democracy," King told 600 people at the Palmer House Hilton, days before the 30th anniversary of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination on April 4, 1968. She said the civil rights movement "thrives on unity and inclusion, not division and exclusion." Her husband's struggle parallels that of the gay rights movement, she said.

Source: Chicago Tribune, April 1, 1998, sec.2, p.4.
"For many years now, I have been an outspoken supporter of civil and human rights for gay and lesbian people," King said at the 25th Anniversary Luncheon for the Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund.... "Gays and lesbians stood up for civil rights in Montgomery, Selma, in Albany, Ga. and St. Augustine, Fla., and many other campaigns of the Civil Rights Movement," she said. "Many of these courageous men and women were fighting for my freedom at a time when they could find few voices for their own, and I salute their contributions." - Chicago Tribune, April 1, 1998, sec.2, p.4.

Source: Coretta Scott King, remarks, Opening Plenary Session, 13th annual Creating Change conference of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Atlanta, Georgia, November 9, 2000.
"We have a lot more work to do in our common struggle against bigotry and discrimination. I say 'common struggle' because I believe very strongly that all forms of bigotry and discrimination are equally wrong and should be opposed by right-thinking Americans everywhere. Freedom from discrimination based on sexual orientation is surely a fundamental human right in any great democracy, as much as freedom from racial, religious, gender, or ethnic discrimination."

Source: Reuters, June 8, 2001.
"We have to launch a national campaign against homophobia in the black community," said Coretta Scott King, widow of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., the slain civil rights leader.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Yes I do agree with her. Also you are wrong, gays fought along black people, and other people of color in the civil rights movement and again for you who is so stubborn to understand, civil rights belong to everyone, not just black people and the civil rights was not just about black people. It is you that is too young to have lived through that age and can only depend on your history book for information. Black people were and have been persecuted, so have gays and for a dang long time. Civil rights are not just for black people.
At least you acknowledge that Harrier is relatively young - a lot of liberals want to paint Harrier as being in his 70's or 80's.

Harrier is 37.

Harrier knows people who are much older than he is who are quite liberal.

Leftists just can't wrap their mind around the fact that a large segment of Generation X - Harrier's generation - who will be running America for the next 30 years - is politically conservative.

Lior Arel is a man.

At least, he indicated that he was gay and had a "husband" one or two days a go.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Source: Reuters, June 8, 2001.
"We have to launch a national campaign against homophobia in the black community," said Coretta Scott King, widow of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., the slain civil rights leader.
Coretta Scott King is waging war against her own people.

It was black Californians who overwhelmingly supported Proposition 8.

Democrats have a problem if they continue to champion gay marriage.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Coretta Scott King is waging war against her own people.

It was black Californians who overwhelmingly supported Proposition 8.

Democrats have a problem if they continue to champion gay marriage.
Then you must think poll takers, who have determined the majority of Americans do not oppose same sex marriage, have a problem with their polling methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies