Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
He signed up because it's the law. Everyone has to sign up or get fined. No, he doesn't need it, but he is honor bound to obey the law. I'm signing up both because I need it and because it's the law.

I can only imagine the outrage if he didn't sign up just because he didn't need it. Then you'd be all over him for breaking the law over his very own program.

Your outrage is as phony as you accuse him of being.
Since he already has health insurance then, no, the law is not forcing him to sign up for Obamacare. The law requires people to have health insurance, not sign up for Obamacare.

He is signing up for it because he can afford to pay for crappy healthcare that he does not need. It's a symbolic gesture. It's also a slap in the face to people who cannot afford the crappy bronze plan and who will be fined because they cannot afford to buy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 12:14 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
They are just showing that people are able to sign up without any problems So if 3 to 5 million people are able to signal up without any problems and then 10 right wing nut jobs on Faux Snooze say the site is still broken to you it is still messed up go away with your blatant lies. If you say a lie enough it must be true

.........."if you say a lie enough it must be true"..

Not really.

Obama said.........."if you like your healthcare plan you get to keep it . Period ! .......

He said that .enough..... but still couldn't make that statement true.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:15 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Faux Soonze in the only news organization that has said negative things about Obama 95% of the time he has been in office
And those such as yourself continue to display zero credibility with your name calling (childish and stupid) of a top rated news channel simply because you don't agree with what they say.

Actual facts to refute them would be nice (obviously you have none) and a mature discussion of their topics would be refreshing. But then you may have to admit that they have some valid points.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
He signed up because it's the law. Everyone has to sign up or get fined. No, he doesn't need it, but he is honor bound to obey the law. I'm signing up both because I need it and because it's the law.

I can only imagine the outrage if he didn't sign up just because he didn't need it. Then you'd be all over him for breaking the law over his very own program.

No. Everyone is required to have insurance. The Exchange is one option for people who aren't otherwise covered.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
His identity could not be verified:

“We learned today from the White House. Initially, they said he signed up for what they called a bronze plan, paying about four hundred dollars a month in premiums. But, then they came back to us and said – Wait, he didn’t actually enroll. They said his staff did it and that’s because of his unique circumstance as Commander in Chief. That his personal information is not in particular government data bases. So healthcare.gov could not actually verify his identity, oddly enough… So his staff did it.”

Old 12-24-2013, 12:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
The guy is all symbols and speeches ;so doesn't surprise me. Does he really think it's of comfort those who can't chose gold plans because of cost only.Perhaps with better planning so many wouldn't be dealing with the issues still in this season but likely he had no problem signing up.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Since he already has health insurance then, no, the law is not forcing him to sign up for Obamacare. The law requires people to have health insurance, not sign up for Obamacare.

He is signing up for it because he can afford to pay for crappy healthcare that he does not need. It's a symbolic gesture. It's also a slap in the face to people who cannot afford the crappy bronze plan and who will be fined because they cannot afford to buy it.
Yea, 5-6 million people lost their insurance because of Obamacare

"If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance period"
-- Prez Barack Obama

Old 12-24-2013, 01:25 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:

No, its not the "law." Its only the law IF you didn't have healthcare. I have healthcare, so why would I sign up for something I don't need? You really should pay better attention to things. Really, your comment was ignorant to the 10th degree.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:40 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
I'm fairly certain he liked his other health plan, because he got to keep it.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Cure cancer? That's a riot. Obama can't even put together a working website, and that's with 3 years and half a billion dollars, lol.

HA HA HA boy did you hit the nail on the head,. Man can't do anything without a scandal following him, which by the way has not one damn thing to do with Faux News.

How many years of a tanking economy, going nowhere no how. With many unsuspecting souls having to be on welfare and food stamps for the first time of their life.

College grads, I have known some, that graduated but yet could not find a damn job. Small business we know this administration is a enemy of. Hope, Not! Change not for the Best!

He is a phony because many of us already know the Preisdent gets the best health care, this is just a gesture, for his many naïve supporters, who will lap it up.

And I understand from many people, that the website still is having major issues, and the whole purpose of this health care plan, was not to make people have higher deductibles nor premiums, but many less benefits then they now have, nor are able to keep their Physician. What part of fair is this.

Signing up for the "BRONZE PLAN" I find quite the joker, is at his games again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies