Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 06:16 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
This thread is pointless. Keeping out immigrants is not the answer for the modern world. We have numerous dead cities throughout the United States. A good legal immigration plan could solve many of the illegal immigration problems and help rebuild many of our cities and provide growth opportunities for goods and services. Immigration is an important part of our country's history and success. There are several places in the US that would benefit from legal immigration. It doesn't have to be a win or lose situation.
I don't know many Americans who want to keep out legal immigrants but we have annual quotas for good reasons. There is nothing we could do in the way of creating a new legal immigration plan that would deter illegal immigration. There would always be those we couldn't accept because there are two billion impoverished across the world that would like to come here.

If there are several places in the U.S. that are dying and that legal immigrants could save then why haven't they done so already? It takes jobs and resources to sustain a population/city and unless those things change for the better allowing in more legal immigrants isn't the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 06:24 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Separation of families? Not that ole nonsense again. Illegal alien parents can go back to their homelands with their kids. No one would stop them.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
If today, everyone who currently lives in America, but was born overseas (legal and illegal), went back to the country they were born in and did not return, what would happen?

These include: the immigrant scientists, engineers, computer geniuses, landscapers, restaurant workers, wonderful people, criminals and, legal and illegal residents. Everyone who was born overseas leaves tomorrow.

Would this eventually be good for America because we would all speak a common language and share a common culture, or bad for America because we would lose the skills and talents of the foreign born residents? Your thoughts.
That would be one way to get rid of McCain.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Separation of families? Not that ole nonsense again. Illegal alien parents can go back to their homelands with their kids. No one would stop them.
This has already been discussed in great detail. Of course they can... and should. Legal aliens should take their children with them as well if they choose to leave.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Children without parents is bad whether they are here legally, illegally, or in outer-space. I don't understand why you feel it's any better for children with illegal parents to be without them. Separation of families is rarely a good thing.
Then those kids can go HOME with their parents. Sheesh!

Tho IF you think those minor age kids need to be allowed to run wild IF left in the US; think again, please. There are things like guardians and so on.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:42 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Damn! I have to clean my own bathroom and mow my own lawn.........
I do that myself anyway.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then those kids can go HOME with their parents. Sheesh!

Tho IF you think those minor age kids need to be allowed to run wild IF left in the US; think again, please. There are things like guardians and so on.
They absolutely should go wherever their parents go. But contrary to what you said earlier, I think it's bad for any children, whether it be children of legal or illegal parents, to stay behind without parents. I find it ironic that you make some distinction between the two sets of parentless children.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:56 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
They absolutely should go wherever their parents go. But contrary to what you said earlier, I think it's bad for any children, whether it be children of legal or illegal parents, to stay behind without parents. I find it ironic that you make some distinction between the two sets of parentless children.
Nobody is staying behind without their parents unless their parents insist on it and find guardians for them. As I've said above, the law has long stipulated that "vacation babies" go back home with there parents and have the option to return when they turn 18.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Nobody is staying behind without their parents unless their parents insist on it and find guardians for them. As I've said above, the law has long stipulated that "vacation babies" go back home with there parents and have the option to return when they turn 18.
This has already been discussed in this very own thread, among others. Why do you keep repeating it? especially when it doesn't relate to the post that you're quoting.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:10 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
This has already been discussed in this very own thread, among others. Why do you keep repeating it? especially when it doesn't relate to the post that you're quoting.
Because you're talking about a situation the law already handles. So why are you still talking about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies