Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 07:15 PM

278 posts, read 273,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You're kinda slow, are you? The discussion is medicaid patients, meaning the government already is paying... Clearly not enough to cover the expenses or they wouldnt be denying new patients
So deal with it. People getting life saving medical care comes before you getting a new porsche mmk doc?You are still getting private insurers paying and citizens paying cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 07:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
That's not more than twice. Twice of 670 billion would be 1.340 TRILLION. I would slash military budget to say 100 billion easily. Probably a lot less than that. Depends on how much we can save from shutting down EVERY base across the world,coming home putting soldiers on our borders and save the money that way. The people would appreciate it as well.
The $900B quoted by workingclass is ONLY the federal government.. Add in another $4-$500 billion spent by the states and it is indeed twice the amount.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
So deal with it. People getting life saving medical care comes before you getting a new porsche mmk doc?
I dont need to deal with it, I have no problem with the doctors choosing not to accept patients that will be reinbursed at less than cost..

See I"m not an ahole, I understand how doctors dont want to lose money on patients because if they do, this means others need to be billed more than "their fair share", and even worse, doctors offices have to close up.

Tell me appalachian, why do you not care about the other patients who have to pickup the tab? Thats ignorant beyond disbelief.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
The $900B quoted by workingclass is ONLY the federal government.. Add in another $4-$500 billion spent by the states and it is indeed twice the amount.
If things are too expensive that's easy to fix. Take over the companies that are pricing things so high and set legit prices. A person's life should not depend on them being able to pay for that service.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
I'd prefer people had jobs and find it weird that people wish we continue to increase spending money we dont have and consider it a sign of success that record numbers are on welfare.
You got me all wrong there Chief. I don't consider massive people on welfare a success. I consider it a grave failure of our nation on a lot of levels. Your mindset is just one small part of the problem.

What I consider a success is that we have created a nation prosperous, with capacity and compassionate enough to help those single mothers, the children and the disabled survive and not live in sickness and destitution. That's a great measure of success in my eyes. We as a nation are not small minded. We consider our stature only as great as the least of us. We will never stand by and watch people die in the streets and children die from hunger or kick our old to the curb.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
If things are too expensive that's easy to fix. Take over the companies that are pricing things so high and set legit prices. A person's life should not depend on them being able to pay for that service.
Fantastic idea.. gasoline is too expensive in my opinion.. Appalachian now wants to socialize the gas companies to give people free gas..

Where can I sign up to get my new government funded Porsche

Old 12-28-2013, 07:21 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You mean you're in this thread saying the Republicans didn't expand medicaid and you didn't even know which states expanded and which didn't ?
Quote:
I'd prefer people had jobs and find it weird that people wish we continue to increase spending money we dont have and consider it a sign of success that record numbers are on welfare.
We have record numbers in defense spending also when you include VA, Homeland Security, military welfare to foreign gubbermints, and interest on the debt. You are talking about a trillion dollars and most Tea Partiers love that spending as well as Medicare, Medicaid-that benefits them, SS, and other gubbermint programs. When you are talking about gubbermint welfare and spending please include the Tea Party. When you think about it the Tea Party has its hands a lot deeper in the gubbermint pockets than anyone else.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You got me all wrong there Chief. I don't consider massive people on welfare a success. I consider it a grave failure of our nation on a lot of levels. Your mindset is just one small part of the problem.

What I consider a success is that we have created a nation prosperous, with capacity and compassionate enough to help those single mothers, the children and the disabled survive and not live in sickness and destitution. That's a great measure of success in my eyes. We as a nation are not small minded. We consider our stature only as great as the least of us. We will never stand by and watch people die in the streets and children die from hunger or kick our old to the curb.
Your posting only makes sense if people are suggesting we allow people to starve and die from hunger...

Since no one is, your posting is meaningless..

Old 12-28-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I dont need to deal with it, I have no problem with the doctors choosing not to accept patients that will be reinbursed at less than cost..

See I"m not an ahole, I understand how doctors dont want to lose money on patients because if they do, this means others need to be billed more than "their fair share", and even worse, doctors offices have to close up.

Tell me appalachian, why do you not care about the other patients who have to pickup the tab? Thats ignorant beyond disbelief.
They aren't losing money. They get paid from private insurance from those patients that have that and they are getting people paying cash after each visit. Why do doctors want people to die because things beyond their control make it impossible to pay for a doctor visit. No one else picks up the tab. It all goes back to paying better wages. Pay these poor better wages and then the doctors won't have to worry about medicaid because the poor won't need it any longer. The government still needs to control the companies that price medicine and supplies so high and keep a monopoly on them. My son takes a medicine that costs almost 200$ he can't function without it thankfully we have medicaid for him,its the way things should be. Now if our employers weren't suck jerks and paid a better wage we could afford it. But I figure his vacation and new car are worth more than making sure his employees kids have medicine they need ya know.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
I would do like Sweden does and leave a private insurance market for those that choose that. If we were more like Sweden and weren't into nation building and military adventurism we would have the money to pay for these things we need. Shall we look at the test scares in Western Europe compared to the US as well?

That's not more than twice. Twice of 670 billion would be 1.340 TRILLION. I would slash military budget to say 100 billion easily. Probably a lot less than that. Depends on how much we can save from shutting down EVERY base across the world,coming home putting soldiers on our borders and save the money that way. The people would appreciate it as well.
you have trouble reading???

Quote:
defense budget 670 billion

medicare/mediciad over 900 billion...and that's not counting welfare/snap/or SS
ss it self is 800 billion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies