Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 07:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
By the way, IF (highly doubtful) I went to this "establishment," I'd carry my guns anyway.
Really?

Well, why don't you try that?

But, IF you do, please let me know when you'll be there and I'll try to be there, too, so I can watch you get thrown out on your a......er, ear. lol

Tough guy.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Uh; guns and booze DON'T mix so I'll side with Mr Keith here.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Really?

But, IF you do, please let me know when you'll be there and I'll try to be there, too, so I can watch you get thrown out on your a......er, ear. lol

Tough guy.
I think Phil's a cop and HAS to carry while on duty.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Yes, but he is a cop in California and Mr. Keith's bar is in Virginia.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:15 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
lol

I didn't know that.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:15 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
I generally leave my gun at home or in my trunk if I'm going to an eating or drinking establishment. It just makes sense around here.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:22 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Really?

Tough guy.
Yeah, ok ignorance beyond belief.

If the law say you can carry a gun, just because you post a sign which says you can't, does't trump the law "tough guy."

If so, I could post a sign which said, "No blacks. No Jews. No anything allowed." Are you really that stupid? Or just that ignorant?

There are "laws," criminal laws and there are admin laws. Peoples personal choices. Such as, the infamous, "We refuse service to anyone." If that worthless "law" were a law, Jim Crow laws would still be a staple. Just because you post something on an 8x10" piece of paper, doesn't mean its infoceable. Geez, you morons kill me.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yeah, ok ignorance beyond belief.

If the law say you can carry a gun, just because you post a sign which says you can't, does't trump the law "tough guy."

If so, I could post a sign which said, "No blacks. No Jews. No anything allowed." Are you really that stupid? Or just that ignorant?

There are "laws," criminal laws and there are admin laws. Peoples personal choices. Such as, the infamous, "We refuse service to anyone." If that worthless "law" were a law, Jim Crow laws would still be a staple. Just because you post something on an 8x10" piece of paper, doesn't mean its infoceable. Geez, you morons kill me.
Quoted for being not just horrendously inaccurate, but for being incredibly ignorant and immature as well.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:33 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Quoted for being not just horrendously inaccurate, but for being incredibly ignorant and immature as well.
Ok, good luck with that. Show me where I am wrong?

Old 12-28-2013, 07:57 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
All I know is I played in bars for 20 years, and I've seen a couple of gunfights up front and very personal.
After a fight breaks out, the business that night is gone. After a gunfight breaks out, the biz is gone for months and sometimes forever.

And if a drunk is willing to pull a gun, he will go out and fetch one out of the car.
I once sat in with a band, and while we were loading out the gear out of the back door, a drunk who was mad at some of the other patrons shot 11 of them out by the front door. 6 died. The guy waited until the bar closed, then went to shooting as the crowd hit the sidewalk.
Given a few minutes, I could have been a victim. Since I was only sitting in, I could have left the load-out to the band with no problems. The main reason I helped them was because my car was parked next to their van, and it would have been impolite to not have lent a hand. Musician's code and all that.

For a fact, alcohol changes some people when they get drunk. Mr. Responsible Gun Owner sober may be Mr. Mean-Assed Shooter when he's had one too many. Keith is only limiting the possibilities some by refusing to allow guns in his joint. I've seen more than one good bartender de-fuse a fight before it even starts, but that's a pretty hard thing to do when a gun is only a split-second away from being used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies