Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 12:02 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A group of Bay Area environmentalists has proposed labels that will warn drivers of their contribution to global warming every time they pull up to the pump.
This dog has no teeth.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:06 AM

109 posts, read 74,587 times
They also want to tax us for the amount of miles we drive, nothing surprises me in this state anymore.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:12 AM

389 posts, read 617,024 times
Sticker is wrong in the proposed language. They need to add a "may cause" not "causes." Of course that won't work because the message from The Church is doubters don't exist.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:24 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
Sticker is wrong in the proposed language. They need to add a "may cause" not "causes." Of course that won't work because the message from The Church is doubters don't exist.
97% of active climate scientists "have not only accepted the existence of global warming, but also its human causation, as a matter of fact for the last two decades."
NASA link- Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Global warming consensus

What would the church of R. Limbaugh say about that?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:42 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If CA is that concerned why don't they shut down gas stations and make everyone take mass transit ?
They would if they could. The inmates are running the asylum in this state.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:56 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Every time some warming fool proposes some new thing, its usually during the coldest time of the year, Coast Guard say the Great Lakes have frozen the earliest this year, Toronto airport shut down due to it being too cold, Antarctic ice has 2 icebreakers trapped, most arctic ice this year, coldest temps recorded in 10 years in most places.

One has to wonder at the lunacy of these people.
Yet here in south-central Alaska, we have been experiencing unseasonably warm temperatures and we have very little snow on our mountaintops and NO snow cover on the ground.

Normally, at this time of the year, the mountain tops would not only have a few to several feet of snow but we would have at least 6-12 inches on the ground.

Believe me, I'm not complaining. It reminds of late autumn / early winter back on the East Coast but I cannot deny that this is happening for the second time in three years and is unusual.

It might not be global warming but something is causing the climate to change, no question about it.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:02 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Yet here in south-central Alaska, we have been experiencing unseasonably warm temperatures and we have very little snow on our mountaintops and NO snow cover on the ground.

Normally, at this time of the year, the mountain tops would not only have a few to several feet of snow but we would have at least 6-12 inches on the ground.

Believe me, I'm not complaining. It reminds of late autumn / early winter back on the East Coast but I cannot deny that this is happening for the second time in three years and is unusual.

It might not be global warming but something is causing the climate to change, no question about it.

Solar activity. Google it. As for the west coast, you might want to pay attention to chemtrails, a lot of people in CA are drawing a connection between CT and the drought there. Cloud seeding can work in reverse. Rain/snow hops the west coast and pounds the midwest. It is happening now and will again this spring.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:57 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Solar activity. Google it. As for the west coast, you might want to pay attention to chemtrails, a lot of people in CA are drawing a connection between CT and the drought there. Cloud seeding can work in reverse. Rain/snow hops the west coast and pounds the midwest. It is happening now and will again this spring.
I believe that the main cause is solar activity but I also believe that human activity is also contributing to the effects of climate change.

Unquestionably, the burning of fossil fuels has released (and continues to release) massive amounts of CO2 and other greenhouse gases which help to warm the atmosphere, thus raising the temperatures of the oceans, which, in turn, melt the polar ice caps and sea ice, creating bigger and more ferocious storms, flooding, beach erosion, loss of land mass, etc.

The end result is a cascading effect of destruction upon the planet's animal and plant life, that, in all likelihood, is irreversible.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:11 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And this storm that just passed through the US was called an "arctic vortex" whatever that means.
I believe you mean "polar vortex."

What is a Polar Vortex?

Bad news, America: The Polar Vortex is coming back! - Salon.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies