Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 05:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,461,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Liberals are a bunch of hypocrites. Ranting for the sake of ranting. Income inequality? Please. Jon Lebowitz sure as hell doesnt take a pay cut. Please let me know when he starts passing most of his salary down to the crew who work behind the scenes.

Income inequality is bs for the most part. Sure, sometimes there are those who arent paid what they should be. But the liberal arguments are idiotic. Certain jobs are low skill, basic. Hence the low wage. Nearly anyone can do those jobs. Why the hell should those people get some huge increase, just to be "fair"? And think about the results of that. Higher prices for customers? Other more skilled people would want more money to set them further apart from the low skilled people.

You make an outstanding point. A person ought to be paid what they are worth, and that depends on the job you have.

Someone who has no college education at all, has no right receiving what someone who put themselves thru college for maybe 6 years. A lot of younger people I know, have been to college at least that long. Going back to better themselves. All jobs are not created equal. Someone who works a low skill job, should no way in hell be paid with what someone who went to college for a long time, and continues to better themselves.

Someone working in a 7-11 is no where worth what a person who is a engineer is worth. And yes income inequality, is such a crock. But then again Stewart is quite a crock, and a patsy for Obama go figure.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:27 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Part of what drives us insane is this idea that CEO's actually are worth what they are paid.

OK for me...I've worked with these folks. Trust me, vain, hypocritical, and morons that make bad choices ALL apply. And they make their good money based on WHO they know.

Not what, not how good they are. etc etc. But "hey i am on your board, I will vote you a pay raise if you do so for my buddy" is a real discussion.

Or "we cant afford pay raises for everyone this year, and we're changing to a merit bonus." And then pay themselves a 1 million "merit bonus" while missing every goal set.

They've rigged the corporate and economics in ways that are insane.

So for me its personal experience.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:31 PM

32,818 posts, read 19,511,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
???gop's income inequality problem???

the liberals are causing the income inequality, and the death of the middleclass

the liberal dream: 2 classes...the poor serfs surviving on the scraps of welfare, and the liberal elite masters, who dominate the serfs, but give them scraps of welfare for votes

Old 01-10-2014, 05:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
They pay taxes and don't cry that it isn't fair.
So do the other "rich" he's ranting about.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:32 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
You missed the key point that he is saying we should DO something about it. He is rich and realizes that a lot of people are very poor and need help, which is a lot different from the conservative talking heads that get millions to blow smoke. They're rich and everybody else can **** off.
That's funny, he flaps his gums and you complain about conservatives blowing smoke. Talk is cheap, especially coming from a multi millionaire liberal who thinks someone else should do something about "income equality". He could bring 1200 poverty level households up to the median income every year, but he doesn't, that would mean spending his money.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Which means he must be your hero, as all rich dudes are.
I have no problem with people earning as much money as they possibly can. Why do you?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:35 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
When did this "income inequality" become such a big rallying point for the Demorats????

The Demorats want to raise taxes on the vile, evuuull rich and promptly waste it......great idea Demodolts!!!!!!!!!!
Probably when they decided it was easier to buy votes directly rather than just imply that they would pay for them.

You can't expect them to try and get elected on that they actually accomplished in the last several years, do you?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:53 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,665,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
So according to the right wing posters here, because Stewart is wealthy, it invalidates all his points. OK, we'll keep that in mind the next time some rich Republican says anything.
The difference is a wealthy republican won't ever admit there is a wealth gap in America.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
He is a comedian;I guess if screaming is eloquent then he's that. Look what entertainers greed did to Hollywood by shifting movies to cheaper locations.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,676,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
Stewart is a dumb guy. Just an Obama fanboy brown noser.

I don't think you can call it a rant if he had 20 writers write it for him. lol A rant comes from you, it isn't contrived by others.
I suppose you think every political speech from the right is off the cuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies