Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:53 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times

Advertisements

Yup, more anecdotal news that flies in the face of the AGW alarmists predictions. Far from the climate warming, the last ten years we have seen nothing but longer, colder winters, and shorter, cooler summers. We did not even have an Atlantic hurricanes to satisfy the predictions from the Al Gore AGW types.

Nearly 1000 Record Low Temperatures Set As Another Round of Arctic Air Forecast To Deep Freeze The U.S.

Almost 1000 record low max temps vs 17 record high temps
Records in the last 7 days:
205 snowfall records.
969 Low Max.
203 Low temps.
17 High Temp.
61 High minimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Liberals will blame those statistics on global warming

Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You mean write down the 17 high temps, and delete the other 983?

Old 12-02-2013, 10:09 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
It doesn't fly in the face of anything, and your claim that temperatures aren't increasing isn't supported by any facts. If you think this confirms the silly things right-wingers say, you're wrong. You just fail to understand the matter properly. See what happens when you go to places like 'climate depot' for facts instead of legitimate sources? When climatologists say the weather this week shows all previous research to be wrong, let us know. We're really not interested in your denialist website spam.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:12 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

That does seem to be the case quite often.

In 2006, warmists were claiming that weakened trade winds proved their computer models - in 2013 stronger than normal trade winds spawn Haiyan and, again, it's proof positive of AGW.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:17 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Yup, more anecdotal news that flies in the face of the AGW alarmists predictions. Far from the climate warming, the last ten years we have seen nothing but longer, colder winters, and shorter, cooler summers. We did not even have an Atlantic hurricanes to satisfy the predictions from the Al Gore AGW types.

Nearly 1000 Record Low Temperatures Set As Another Round of Arctic Air Forecast To Deep Freeze The U.S.

Almost 1000 record low max temps vs 17 record high temps
Records in the last 7 days:
205 snowfall records.
969 Low Max.
203 Low temps.
17 High Temp.
61 High minimum.
Well, here in my part of California, the winters over thast couple three winters have been mild and well below "normal" rainfall. And we are currently experiencing a long wonderful fall, with decent daytime highs and yeah overnight lows in the 40's.

That said, I've looked at the thousand lows during TG week and I am reminded that we as humans dnt know jack about the cause and effect of weather, let alone climate change.

I fall on the side of an oncoming ice age. My research convinces me of that. (Precession cycles, mainly) I am open to suggestion, but I warn the AGW idealogues, you dang well better be talking fact and not AGW talking points.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:18 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
You should ignore that T-310 guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about, quite literally. He'll make claims like "no one has ever measured volcanic CO2 emissions" then do a right-wing freakout when informed otherwise. Then he'll go away for a while then come back with more right-wing guff as if people can't remember what a liar he is.

That you don't ignore him, that you agree with his bizarro denialism, tells me that this should probably be my last message to you. Reason has no home in denialist threads. Enjoy your ignorance, and don't forget to whine and cry about Al Gore. That always convinces me the American right isn't just a pathetic joke.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It doesn't fly in the face of anything, and your claim that temperatures aren't increasing isn't supported by any facts. If you think this confirms the silly things right-wingers say, you're wrong. You just fail to understand the matter properly. See what happens when you go to places like 'climate depot' for facts instead of legitimate sources? When climatologists say the weather this week shows all previous research to be wrong, let us know. We're really not interested in your denialist website spam.
Where is your global warming at? We had one of the shortest growing seasons in decades in the mid western US, and we are already past some of the ten year predictions of no return, the end of the world is supposed to already be upon us.

I'm not in denial, I know the climate changes, I just don't think man-induced CO2 is going to drive it any where. You on the other hand think it is, and will, and yet you have nothing, except a theoretical predicted increase of something like 0.1 degrees.

Global warming for the mid west and Europe would be awesome. Longer growing season, milder winters, I say bring it on. The only problem is that the opposite has been occurring this past decade. With the sun sleeping as it is, I hope man-induced CO2 does warm the planet, because it looks like we will needing that tiny little bit to prevent us from tipping back into another little ice age.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
You mean write down the 17 high temps, and delete the other 983?
Yep! that's what the idealogue left does ... lie when they cant argue on fact!

Old 12-02-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Where is your global warming at? We had one of the shortest growing seasons in decades in the mid western US, and we are already past some of the ten year predictions of no return, the end of the world is supposed to already be upon us.

I'm not in denial, I know the climate changes, I just don't think man-induced CO2 is going to drive it any where. You on the other hand think it is, and will, and yet you have nothing, except a theoretical predicted increase of something like 0.1 degrees.

Global warming for the mid west and Europe would be awesome. Longer growing season, milder winters, I say bring it on. The only problem is that the opposite has been occurring this past decade. With the sun sleeping as it is, I hope man-induced CO2 does warm the planet, because it looks like we will needing that tiny little bit to prevent us from tipping back into another little ice age.
Cant give you more rep you you are spot on. The AGW crowd is experiencing a well deserved spanking on this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies