Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
do any of these fall under the category of obama's presidential records?:

1) the original, long-form 1961 Hawaiian birth certificate.
2) Marriage license between Obama’s father (Barak Sr.) and mother (Stanley Ann Dunham)
3) Obama’s baptism records
4) Obama’s adoption records
5) Records of Obama’s and his mother’s reptriation as US citizens on return from Indonesia leased
6) Name change (Barry Sotero to Barack Hussein Obama) records
7) Noelani Elementary School (Hawaii)
8) Punahou School financial aid or school records
9) Occidental College financial aid records
10) Columbia College records
11) Columbia senior thesis
12) Harvard Law School records
13) Obama’s law client list
14) Obama’s files from career as an Illinois State Senator
15) Obama’s record with Illinois State Bar Association
16) Obama’s medical records
17) Obama’s passport records

these are some of the records that birthers claim are "sealed"
Presidential records I don't know, but they do fall under FERPA and HIPPA like any other US citizen. Its that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 08:05 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
.... Well you forgot the 'at this point', but you are correct.
It simply does not matter "at this point". Those who think differently, are beating a Dead Horse.

I don't care what side of the aisle you tend to lean toward ...... never before in our history have there been so many 'questions' and 'closed records' of any President. PERIOD

BUT ..... "at this point" ...... "what difference does it make"? Nobody (in any position of power) wants to open that Can of Worms. It's way past too late and way over and done with.
There are no more records sealed, and for people who aren't racist conspiracy nuts there are no more questions than any other President.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There are no more records sealed, and for people who aren't racist conspiracy nuts there are no more questions than any other President.
The poster obviously made it a hobby to search the archives for records on every POTUS in history...Period!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Didn't bush pass an Executive Order sealing his and all previous President's records? It's not just isolated to Obama.
Ok, I don't know, maybe? I always thought the media always tried to dig deep into every presidential candidate.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:41 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok, I don't know, maybe? I always thought the media always tried to dig deep into every presidential candidate.
Sure, but there is a line. What possible insight does a high school transcript give that isn't already evident?

Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
How many Presidential elections have occurred in your lifetime? I can't IMAGINE any more "digging" than has been done over the last 2 or 3. Never in the history of ever has the media or anyone else DUG so hard at so little. Nor can I imagine anything that someone, somewhere hasn't seen or doesn't know about. If there was anything important there don't you think someone would have said something and if not why not? Is everyone "in on it" or whatever? I mean, not everyone is a fan of Obama so if someone knew something that could make him look bad don't you think they would have? Unless they were paid off, or threatened or had their family put in a work camp or.....See how fast this get crazy right?

Old 01-11-2014, 10:08 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Maybe you should try and look it up for yourself as I previously suggested. I even gave you links to start you off!
from the presidential records act:

"(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President, his immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise and assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term--

(B) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) of title 5, United States Code; (ii) personal records; ..."

Presidential Records

Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
He could have claimed anything to get into school.
not really. in your scenario he would have had to apply for financial aid as an international student which is "limited and extremely competitive" not to mention the fact that all the applications paperwork would run contradictory to his punahou transcripts.

For International Students | Occidental College | The Liberal Arts College in Los Angeles

face it, the "indonesian student" belief is based solely on an april fools prank.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
With Democrats zeal to destroy anyone they view as a threat by any means necessary they leave no turn unturned. Why is it then is Obama's records sealed?

Most people don't know about BO's records being sealed. Because, as everyone knows, the only people that hide things are the ones that have something to hide.

So what is he hiding anyway? Things have a way of finding their way out and it will be interesting when this happens to Obama.

Here you go...

Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Most people don't know about BO's records being sealed.
This is, of course, because none of his records are sealed. They are merely protected by the same laws that protect yours.

Obama has actually released more of his own personal records than any other sitting president in all of US history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies