Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm of the school of thought that Reeves should have minded his business in the first place. Again, the guy was texting, and not being disruptive and yapping through the movie. I'm not seeing the problem here, and in fact it sounds to me like Reeves was being a busy body.
He was minding his business, the texting intruded on that. He politely asked the man to stop he did not. He got a manager when he returned the dead guy asked why did he go get a manager. The textee escalated the situation. Unless you're going to tell me the old man had no right to get a manager?

The old man will get off as he should. Idiots are going to learn one way or the other to be civil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 10:44 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA
The old man had the right to enjoy the previews without distraction.
You also have the right to enjoy a movie or flight without a fat person crowding you. The next time a fat person sits down next to you you get to kill them.

Love how the RWNJs are deflecting this from gun rights and stand your ground rights and blaming the victim.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Too late. There's already your type supporting this killer.

And bwahahahaha on your last point.
I don't particularly care for the NRA or the proliferation of guns but one thing guns do is prevent bullies from running roughshod upon the weak. He thought he could intimidate the old man and he was severely mistaken.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:47 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The old man will get off as he should. Idiots are going to learn one way or the other to be civil.
Are you for real?

Poe's law: Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or right wing nut jobs that someone won't mistake for the real thing.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:48 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Yup, blame the victim 101. Shoot because he might have/coulda/woulda killed you with his popcorn and his cell phone.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
He was minding his business, the texting intruded on that. He politely asked the man to stop he did not. He got a manager when he returned the dead guy asked why did he go get a manager. The texted escalated the situation. Unless you're going to tell me the old man had no right to get a manager?

Yeah but come on Edward... Did he really have to be a damn snitch and whine to a manager over something as trivial as texting? If the guy would have been talking loudly and disrupting others, then I could see the old man getting upset and complaining. But he was TEXTING! That hardly warrants being a tattle tale! For the record I firmly support the 2nd Amendment, but for Christ sakes know when to take the high road! Was it really worth getting to this point over someone texting?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
I don't particularly care for the NRA or the proliferation of guns but one thing guns do is prevent bullies from running roughshod upon the weak. He thought he could intimidate the old man and he was severely mistaken.
So who is the bully in this situation? The guy in his seat minding his own business? Seriously?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You also have the right to enjoy a movie or flight without a fat person crowding you. The next time a fat person sits down next to you you get to kill them.

Love how the RWNJs are deflecting this from gun rights and stand your ground rights and blaming the victim.
Guns and even the texting aren't the core issues to me. He didn't kill him after discovering the texting. He killed him during a confrontation the guy that was texting started. He picked the wrong one to mess with it happens.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So who is the bully in this situation? The guy in his seat minding his own business? Seriously?
The guy who confronts a man as to why he complained to a manager about his rude behavior.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:54 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
The old man had the right to enjoy the previews without distraction. They dim the lights at many theaters I've been to when they show previews. This would imply quiet is expected during this period. If texting was that important get up and text outside the theater.
Of course he did..you do and I do..But we don't have the right to shoot and murder someone because they annoyed and/or offended us. This COWARD who shot this man was looking for a reason, lame as it was, to shoot and he found it.

Someone could have cut him of on the highway or "insulted" him in another way in any other public venue and it was just a matter of time before he went off. For Reeves to even say his life was in danger is a crock of S&&t. Unfortunately, Mr. Oulson the victim just happened to cross paths with Reeves and he paid or it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies