Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 05:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Here's one thought Finn. In states with legalized marijuana, traffic accident rates are lower then states where it's illegal. Much lower statistically, as posted in this thread earlier.

Maybe that's because when it's legal, people are staying home and using it more responsibly? Flies in the face of prohibitionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 05:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Here's one thought Finn. In states with legalized marijuana, traffic accident rates are lower then states where it's illegal. Much lower statistically, as posted in this thread earlier.
It was stated that traffic accidents in those states declined by 9%, and I added that over all in US traffic accidents have declined by 35%. Yes, cars are much safer than they used to be. Why have accidents dedlined so little in these marijuana States? You thought that 9% was good news, and that credit goes to marijuana. If credit goes to marijuana, then it actually proves that marijuana is the cause for the roads being more dangerous in pot States than in non-pot States. Thank you for proving my point.

Say no to drugs!!!

Old 01-27-2014, 06:08 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It was stated that traffic accidents in those states declined by 9%, and I added that over all in US traffic accidents have declined by 35%. Yes, cars are much safer than they used to be. Why have accidents dedlined so little in these marijuana States? You thought that 9% was good news, and that credit goes to marijuana. If credit goes to marijuana, then it actually proves that marijuana is the cause for the roads being more dangerous in pot States than in non-pot States. Thank you for proving my point.

Say no to drugs!!!
What a liar

It was my post you were responding to and I called you out and your still posting lies.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It was my post you were responding to and I called you out and your still posting lies.
Fake anger, and false accusations are not an arguments.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Fake anger, and false accusations are not an arguments.
None of the above apply to me.

Show me where traffic accidents have decreased 35% in the past year.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 AM

Figured you'd just avoid the question.

Here's the actual statistics.

Traffic Fatalities by year
List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.ringoffireradio.com/2013...r-250-billion/

Old 01-27-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
You can lie to some, but not to everybody.
Again, false accusations are personal attacks, not argument.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
None of the above apply to me. Show me where traffic accidents have decreased 35% in the past year.
Show me where I said anything about ONE YEAR.

It's time for you cut back on fake anger and personal accusations. Calling other posters liars is lame.

Claiming pot makes you a better driver has been proven wrong. Period.

Cannabis is second only to alcohol for causing impaired driving and motor vehicle accidents. In 2009, 12.8% of young adults reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs and in the 2007 National Roadside Survey, more drivers tested positive for drugs than for alcohol. These cannabis smokers had a 10-fold increase in car crash injury compared with infrequent or nonusers after adjustment for blood alcohol concentration.
New study shows cannabis effects on driving skills -- ScienceDaily

Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Show me where I said anything about ONE YEAR.

It's time for you cut back on fake anger and personal accusations. Calling other posters liars is lame.

Claiming pot makes you a better driver has been proven wrong. Period.

Cannabis is second only to alcohol for causing impaired driving and motor vehicle accidents. In 2009, 12.8% of young adults reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs and in the 2007 National Roadside Survey, more drivers tested positive for drugs than for alcohol. These cannabis smokers had a 10-fold increase in car crash injury compared with infrequent or nonusers after adjustment for blood alcohol concentration.
New study shows cannabis effects on driving skills -- ScienceDaily
Exactly. You didn't even use a metric

Now where exactly did you pull that 35% from? How many years are we talking??

Old 01-27-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Exactly. You didn't even use a metric
Your Time magazine opinon piece did not include a time line either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies