Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:57 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
rotflmao..

What they are really doing is trying to figure out how much more in taxes they are going to have to pay to cover Hannity and his crew ALL moving to another state, taking their income tax, personal property tax, and all the other taxes they pay, out of state. They are probably in that one fell swoop, losing several million dollars in tax revenues.

When you figure, his show has paying advertisers, and ALL that income as well as the income from every station in the U.S, ( I think over 500 stations, Hannity is the 2nd highest listened to talk show in the nation), who pays to carry Hannity's show, is income that the state of NY, as well as the locality is it produced in, can no longer tax the show's revenue, that's a LOT of bucks.
Hannity doesn't own the show or get the advertising revenues, Fox News, which is based in NYC, does--local ad revenues go to local stations, obviously. Only the people working on it would move and I'd bet you that Hannity's the only rich one of the bunch. And there's not much of a crew, cable news is profitable because it's so cheap to produce.

The city produces $1.3 trillion in economic activity every year (by FAR the most in the US, more than most states), I'm sure they'll get along fine if Hannity wants to move to Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Hannity is all babble! If he leaves New York, then let him go!

Hannity as a commentator means no one any good. Some Conservative Whites look up to him and feed off of his sewage. He loves getting racist and vulnerable White people wound up.

He is a very very bad man. Anyone who makes millions creating discord between Americans, shouldn't be missed.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
haha. I left NY for FL over a year ago. I'm saving over $20,000 a year in taxes! NY is toast with Cuomo and De Blasio.
So did Cuomo raise taxes ?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I'm guessing he is taking Cuomo's words seriously about conservatives not being welcome in NY. He'll enjoy Florida along with the weather and fishing.
Of course Cuomo never actually said "conservatives aren't welcome in NY" but righties never let facts get in the way of a good whine, eh?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
All New York conservatives should follow Hannity's example and leave the State. Let the liberal freaks wallow in their own fascist misery. That is one of the great things about the US, there are 49 other States to choose from. When Los Angeles County imposed their gun ban in 1989, I moved from the State of my birth to Alaska two years later.

As long as the States do not exercise any of the powers the US Constitution prohibits them from exercising, and as long as they maintain a republican form of government, without violating anyone's constitutionally protected rights, then they can pretty much do whatever they want (within the limits of their own State Constitution obviously).

As with neighborhoods in cities that change over time, the same thing is true with States. New York and California have become the "slums" of the US. The only people who move to either State have an overwhelming desire to become wage slaves to their fascist governments.
Good post being able to move your feet if you do not like the policies of that state is on my list of great freedom.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What a hack. I will believe it when I see it, but my guess he likes the elite NYC scene too much. Perhaps if he didn't want to pay such a high rate he shouldn't have moved to one of the wealthiest counties in the country, that was his choice.
He will do it. Just like Limbaugh did.

LSD's mouths are their worst enemy.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
This story is just more proof that so-called "tolerant" liberals are the most intolerant people on earth.
How so ?

Where is the actual quote from Cuomo ?

how is it compared to others and how does it stack up against non liberals ?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:29 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Hannity is all babble! If he leaves New York, then let him go!

Hannity as a commentator means no one any good. Some Conservative Whites look up to him and feed off of his sewage. He loves getting racist and vulnerable White people wound up.

He is a very very bad man. Anyone who makes millions creating discord between Americans, shouldn't be missed.
What you've said in bold applies to Obama, not Sean Hannity.

Last edited by LoveToRow; 01-21-2014 at 06:38 AM..

Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
He can shack up next to Rush Limbaugh. While I disagree with that man, he DOES pay almost $500k in property taxes each year on his Palm Beach mansion. (Valued at 48ish million $)

Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
He can shack up next to Rush Limbaugh. While I disagree with that man, he DOES pay almost $500k in property taxes each year on his Palm Beach mansion. (Valued at 48ish million $)
Rabble-Rousing: It's not just a job, it's a Ca$h Cow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies