Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:40 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
BTW, Exeter Hospital is EXTREMELY expensive compared to other NH hospitals--and is one of the few hospitals that will take the Obamacare insurance. Can't wait to see the lines when THAT kicks in.
So you object to people finally getting insurance and health care because it will inconvenience you?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that attitude from a "have" who was able to afford health insurance before Obamacare, as opposed to a "have not."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:53 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
This thread makes me want to vomit. So much hatred and callousness.

And for the record, I've lived in several areas including Boston which has a large number of hospitals, many of which rank among the top hospitals in the country if not the world. The ONLY time I had to wait less than 2 hours in an American ER was when I was going through cancer and developed an infection. That got me triaged quickly, compared to if an otherwise healthy person came in with the same complaints. On the flip side, I was seen immediately when I developed a rash in the UK that later was proven to be a mango allergy. Go figure. Even as a kid, I remember waiting for 6 hours in an ER in a very wealthy part of Georgia with my younger brother who had broken his ankle and was in severe pain. Since it wasn't life threatening, he was not prioritized. That's how ERs work when all ERs have limited beds, doctors, nurses, and resources.

To say he "didn't care about his life" because he lived in an area with long waits in the ER or he somehow doesn't matter is absurd and shameful. The real controversy of this story is how a man can sit dead in an ER waiting room for hours (if he was found cold and blue) and no one - not another patient, nurse, hospital staff, anyone - notices that he died. No one tried to see if he was OK. When did we stop looking out for each other?

Old 01-28-2014, 09:17 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And? Better him then me...Life is tough and hard. Sorry the rainbow fairy and fluffy cloud lords weren't there to help him.
This mindset is why this country is in the crapper. Every man out for himself right? To heck with anyone else.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:18 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
I think the reason no one noticed he had died was because he hadn't keeled over, he remained upright.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:22 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
This man came before a death panel, and Obama rendered his verdict.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:28 PM

221 posts, read 335,665 times
Simple solution...dont get a rash. Duuuhhhh

Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This thread makes me want to vomit. So much hatred and callousness.
To say he "didn't care about his life" because he lived in an area with long waits in the ER or he somehow doesn't matter is absurd and shameful. The real controversy of this story is how a man can sit dead in an ER waiting room for hours (if he was found cold and blue) and no one - not another patient, nurse, hospital staff, anyone - notices that he died. No one tried to see if he was OK. When did we stop looking out for each other?
It's VERY easy in a big waiting room for people to just think he is sleeping and not want to wake him up.

Especially this time of year where people are bundled up and so forth.

Now if the guy keeled over on the floor that's different but I wouldn't attribute this to a callous disregard.

P.S. I've been on commuter trains where people have died. Guy sitting NEXT to them thought they were asleep.

Think about this conversation the next time you go to the hospital or other public places and see someone sleeping. Will you go over and wake them up to see if they are ok?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:31 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Here in Exeter, NH, a trip to the emergency room will get you in to see a doctor in about 9 hours--no matter how many times you beg to be seen due to agonizing pain. After waiting 9 hours curled up in the emergency room chair at Exeter Hospital a few weeks ago, I finally got allowed in the exam room. As I waited, I could hear that the person in the room next to me had a SIMPLE BLADDER INFECTION (she hadn't spent ANY TIME in the emergency room with me).

I know they hadn't lost my name (my spouse kept asking where I was "on the list," but now I think there WAS no list), but how in the world do you put EVERYONE else in front of the one person in the room with extreme pain? With that kind of competence, make sure you don't go to the Exeter Hospital if you have a REAL emergency.

BTW, Exeter Hospital is EXTREMELY expensive compared to other NH hospitals--and is one of the few hospitals that will take the Obamacare insurance. Can't wait to see the lines when THAT kicks in.
What is Obamacare insurance?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:36 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
If you have a serious emergency, go by ambulance rather than being driven in a car. The priority is much higher than people waiting in the ER room.
^ this was a hint I got from an ambulance driver after multiple times sitting in our local packed ER. He heard me on my cell complaining and asked if I had insurance. He told me to go across the street and call 911. It was worth the extra money. My roommate almost bled out at the same ER years earlier.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Lots of poor reading comprehension .. They FOUND him after eight hours, he had died hours earlier.

This has NOTHING to do with Obamacare(whatever that is supposed to be) ... when you go to a community public hospital ER you are going to wait a LONG time, this has been the case FOREVER.

The triage nurse in the ER is VERY good at their job and can weed out those there for drug shopping and those with SERIOUS medical problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies