Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:28 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

When I was 16 I was at a local disco where Sugar Hill Gang performed Rappers Delight ...live. Amazing!!! I was sold and ever since than it is one of my favorite songs.

Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Chic ( Le freak), Lionel Richie and the Commodores, etc. they were/are all amazing and I was a huge fan.

Never ever did I think they were black and that was never discussed and never did that subject ever came up.

Than we have the past few years and Obama was a rising star in a different setting and since he is not famous for his singing although he doesn't have a bad voice I have to judge him on his political views and I don't agree with most things he says and stands for...and now I'm considered a racist according to Pelosi, Reid and many other lefties.

I wonder how they will explain that my ring tone is Daft Punk featuring Pharell, Another ring tone is Rappers delight and I also have some Country ring tones....

I'm getting so upset by being labeled "racist" and all I can say is that the ones saying that have no brains and aside from not being worth spending time on them that I'm now wasting I would like an explanation why someone is a racist for not agreeing with their point of view that clearly are not working!

Last edited by bentlebee; 01-30-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 06:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
STOP, in the name of love.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Rappers delight is not the name of a group, the groups name was Sugar Hill Gang.

What is a 16 year old doing at a disco??????

Old 01-30-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
STOP, in the name of love.
I went to her live concert in Antwerp and. Marvin Gay performed live when he was unexpectedly asked to come on stage...Amazing!!!

Thursday ...memory lane or dementia...lol

But nobody spoke about racism and it should also end now, regardless of political views or whatever...

People can't agree with everyone and it has nothing to do with color!

Old 01-30-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Rappers delight is not the name of a group, the groups name was Sugar Hill Gang.

What is a 16 year old doing at a disco??????
I know...you are right but I always mention them as Rappers Delight...but you are very right!

I was able to edit it in my post...thanks for reminding me.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Yeah, sure.

So, you know the rapper that goes by the name "Common", right?

And you should know that he was labelled a "vile thug" by the likes of Fox News, correct?

Okay. This is the problem. Guys like Common get called "thug" or "gangsta", even though they do everything possible to get away from that label. And that's the problem.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
OMG is the slum/landlord business tanking this bad in Tampa?.

Too funny. Glad you clarified what your ring tone is though.

^^^^^^^^

Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
When I was 16 I was at a local disco where Sugar Hill Gang performed Rappers Delight ...live. Amazing!!! I was sold and ever since than it is one of my favorite songs.

Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Chic ( Le freak), Lionel Richie and the Commodores, etc. they were/are all amazing and I was a huge fan.

Never ever did I think they were black and that was never discussed and never did that subject ever came up.

Than we have the past few years and Obama was a rising star in a different setting and since he is not famous for his singing although he doesn't have a bad voice I have to judge him on his political views and I don't agree with most things he says and stands for...and now I'm considered a racist according to Pelosi, Reid and many other lefties.

I wonder how they will explain that my ring tone is Daft Punk featuring Pharell, Another ring tone is Rappers delight and I also have some Country ring tones....

I'm getting so upset by being labeled "racist" and all I can say is that the ones saying that have no brains and aside from not being worth spending time on them that I'm now wasting I would like an explanation why someone is a racist for not agreeing with their point of view that clearly are not working!
It's a waste of time getting sucked into the bullchit, life is too short. It was fun times back in the day. This will cheer you up:

The O'Jays - Love Train (1972 Audio Redone By Dj Cole) - YouTube

Old 01-31-2014, 12:34 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Sorry, but you're on the wrong side of the political aisle: THAT'S RACIST. Bow down, bend over, and accept your tax increase, you racist piece of scum.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:17 AM

^^^ please explain what you exactly mean to say by your post?

Was it sarcastic, or joking, or seriously meant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies