Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:08 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times

Advertisements

The Patriot act destroyed the 4th amendment, they could of refused and then taken to jail for probable cause. The Patriot Act was the biggest attack on our Bill of Rights in the last 50 or more years.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It would be crossing the line, if those being searched did not give their consent first. However, since every one of those morons gave their consent before they were searched, it does not cross the line.

Next time give these morons an education in their constitutionally protected rights and maybe they will not be so stupid in the future, but I am not holding my breath.
perhaps you need to understand that consent given at the point of a gun is also NOT consent. if the cop intimidated these people into giving consent to search, it is just as good as the cop just deciding to search them without consent. and if it is proven in court that the cop did in fact intimidate these people into giving consent, then the courts will through the search out as illegal since one cannot give consent under duress.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:12 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The Patriot act destroyed the 4th amendment, they could of refused and then taken to jail for probable cause. The Patriot Act was the biggest attack on our Bill of Rights in the last 50 or more years.
Complete unmitigated BS.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
no it didnt. the patriot act in fact requires that the fourth amendment be followed in regards to searches. and had they refused to be searched, and the cop took them to jail for refusing an otherwise unlawful search, the department could be sued for unlawful confinement and false arrest. and if the cop threatened to arrest these people, and they then consented to a search, the search becomes illegal as it is being consented to UNDER DURESS, and the courts have constantly ruled that one cannot give consent under duress.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
perhaps you need to understand that consent given at the point of a gun is also NOT consent. if the cop intimidated these people into giving consent to search, it is just as good as the cop just deciding to search them without consent. and if it is proven in court that the cop did in fact intimidate these people into giving consent, then the courts will through the search out as illegal since one cannot give consent under duress.
They were asked if they consent to a search. How is that intimidating people at the point of a gun? Face reality, these people were morons who have absolutely no clue what rights they have. I have been asked by COPs to consent to a search on several occasions. My response has always been "absolutely not, I do not consent to a search." As a result, I have never been searched.

The only time a COP will ask for consent to search is when they do not have probable cause. If they had probable cause they would not be asking. Therefore, the only correct answer to the officer's query is "NO!"

You can manufacture whatever pathetic excuse you like for these idiots, but they will always remain morons for giving their consent to be searched.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Complete unmitigated BS.
Only if you knew, emails, text messages, cameras, your government has access to all of them in an instant, whenever or wherever. Thanks to the Patriot Act, before the government needed a reason, possible terrorist for instance, now all they need is your phone. You think cell phone companies put tracking devices in all their phones because they wanted too? Hahahahahhahahhah.

Do you have any idea how many employees of Homeland Security called operators watch Facebook, Emails, texting, and cameras in every major city? 100's of them. Heck AT&T basically gave them a direct line. The credit card and social security breaches at places like Target? Seriously, this is all common knowledge.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
They were asked if they consent to a search. How is that intimidating people at the point of a gun? Face reality, these people were morons who have absolutely no clue what rights they have. I have been asked by COPs to consent to a search on several occasions. My response has always been "absolutely not, I do not consent to a search." As a result, I have never been searched.

The only time a COP will ask for consent to search is when they do not have probable cause. If they had probable cause they would not be asking. Therefore, the only correct answer to the officer's query is "NO!"

You can manufacture whatever pathetic excuse you like for these idiots, but they will always remain morons for giving their consent to be searched.
its not that the cop asked to search them, its HOW they asked. if the cop asks, is it ok if i give you a quick search for my protection, and the people say ok, thats one thing. if on the other hand the cop asks can i search you, and the initial response is no, and the cop then says well i can either search you now with your consent, or i can take you to jail and search you there after getting a warrant, and then suggesting that a warrant would take a few hours to obtain, then the cop has essentially put the person in question under duress by telling them if you dont allow me to search you, i will take you to jail. and that make the search illegal in any court, and puts the department in question on the wrong side of a civil suit.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nowhere in the article was anyone strip searched.

The thread is a lie.
What is unbuckling your pants and having your underwear exposed to the public?

Old 02-03-2014, 02:52 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Search me or my car due to a simple traffic stop ? I don't f'n think so. Arrest me ?? Sure, I am not doing anything tonight ...

Old 02-03-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Only if you knew, emails, text messages, cameras, your government has access to all of them in an instant, whenever or wherever. Thanks to the Patriot Act, before the government needed a reason, possible terrorist for instance, now all they need is your phone. You think cell phone companies put tracking devices in all their phones because they wanted too? Hahahahahhahahhah.

Do you have any idea how many employees of Homeland Security called operators watch Facebook, Emails, texting, and cameras in every major city? 100's of them. Heck AT&T basically gave them a direct line. The credit card and social security breaches at places like Target? Seriously, this is all common knowledge.
It is very obviously that you are utterly clueless with regard to the USAPATRIOT Act. You clearly never read the law and are just parroting what other nut jobs who never read the law are telling you.

You seriously need to put down the drugs and stop listening to the Alex Jones and Glenn Beck conspiracy morons and do your own reading for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies