Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:29 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,903,245 times

Advertisements

Despite the electoral success of the Democratic party in national politics, for whatever reason, I am not sure I understand the solutions they've provided to get this country on the right track. It seems, to me at least, that Democrats haven't been winning on their own ideas, but rather, on demonstrating that they are only slightly better (i.e. single digits % better...) than the Tea Party (based on polling, Democrats are only slightly better than the Tea Party).

I was wondering if Democrats have any ideas for governing the United States, or if their only focus was to be slightly better than the tea party, win elections and not really do anything (can we maybe start with corporate tax reform?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 01:34 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,103 times
A big thing was getting financial institutions regulated again so that asset bubbles cannot form.

Healthcare reform is in place for a healthier population.

They have returned the rich to a more fair tax rate to aid in our deficit reduction.

The catastrophic Iraq War is finally ended.

These are some things the Democrats have accomplished that the country needed to have done.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,903,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
A big thing was getting financial institutions regulated again so that asset bubbles cannot form.
We have a stock market bubble now. Also, financial regulation isn't meant to stop asset bubbles, it's mean to control their adverse effects

Quote:
Healthcare reform is in place for a healthier population.
We are fatter than ever

Quote:
They have returned the rich to a more fair tax rate to aid in our deficit reduction.
Obama continued the Bush tax cuts. Wealth and income inequality are greater than ever.

Quote:
The catastrophic Iraq War is finally ended.
Iraq is a disaster and more soldier died under Obama than Bush in Afghanistan.

Quote:
These are some things the Democrats have accomplished that the country needed to have done.
I'm drunk and answered this in 5 minutes. Try again. Let the smarter liberals take a jab

Old 02-05-2014, 02:08 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Despite the electoral success of the Democratic party in national politics, for whatever reason, I am not sure I understand the solutions they've provided to get this country on the right track. It seems, to me at least, that Democrats haven't been winning on their own ideas, but rather, on demonstrating that they are only slightly better (i.e. single digits % better...) than the Tea Party (based on polling, Democrats are only slightly better than the Tea Party).

I was wondering if Democrats have any ideas for governing the United States, or if their only focus was to be slightly better than the tea party, win elections and not really do anything (can we maybe start with corporate tax reform?).
I think your comparison would be more accurate if you compared the Tea Party and Republicans.

Look. see how well this reads:

Despite the electoral failures of the Republican party in national politics, for whatever reason, I am not sure I understand the solutions they've provided to get this country on the right track. It seems, to me at least, that Republicans haven't been winning on their own ideas, but rather, on demonstrating that they are only slightly better (i.e. single digits % better...) than the Tea Party (based on polling, Republicans are only slightly better than the Tea Party).

I was wondering if Republicans have any ideas for governing the United States, or if their only focus was to be slightly better than the tea party, win elections and not really do anything?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-tea...ow-popularity/

Old 02-05-2014, 04:35 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
We have a stock market bubble now. Also, financial regulation isn't meant to stop asset bubbles, it's mean to control their adverse effects

We are fatter than ever

Obama continued the Bush tax cuts. Wealth and income inequality are greater than ever.

Iraq is a disaster and more soldier died under Obama than Bush in Afghanistan.

I'm drunk and answered this in 5 minutes. Try again. Let the smarter liberals take a jab
You spouted a bunch of nonsense if you ask me.

Asset bubbles are ALWAYS coupled with adverse effects.

And health insurance companies cannot deny others for pre-existing conditions.

Obama only extended the bush tax cuts for his first term. He ended them at the beginning of his present term.

Iraq was indeed a disaster. Blame Bush who you voted in for that.

I suggest the next time you drink to not come home and start slamming your hands on your keyboard. You come off as a right wing nut job.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:43 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Bots parrot the words of their handlers.

The Dem Party is dedicated to stealing as much money from the productive as they can no matter what the impact on them or their country.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:56 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
I agree, in part.

Many are voting against the Republican party. So it's a difference between a crap sandwich, or a crap sandwich with ketchup on it.

Americans want 4 simple things.

1. Keep/save social security
2. Keep/save medicare
3. Cut defense
4. Enact tax equality on the Super wealthy not paying 30% of their income to taxes.

pretty simple right? Democrats didn't focus on saving anything, other then being a wedge against repeal. Instead they have spent more money on new social programs, and spent more money we didn't have.

Republicans, God forbid we ever decrease the size of the military budget. They went nuts when Obama declined the rate of growth, which isn't a cut. And they would like to see social security and medicare be repealed.

This is why I vote third party.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:01 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I think your comparison would be more accurate if you compared the Tea Party and Republicans.

Look. see how well this reads:

Despite the electoral failures of the Republican party in national politics, for whatever reason, I am not sure I understand the solutions they've provided to get this country on the right track. It seems, to me at least, that Republicans haven't been winning on their own ideas, but rather, on demonstrating that they are only slightly better (i.e. single digits % better...) than the Tea Party (based on polling, Republicans are only slightly better than the Tea Party).

I was wondering if Republicans have any ideas for governing the United States, or if their only focus was to be slightly better than the tea party, win elections and not really do anything?

Poll: Tea party approaches record low popularity - CBS News
Only the Rpublicans are not the party in control right now so that mutes your argument.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:02 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I agree, in part.

Many are voting against the Republican party. So it's a difference between a crap sandwich, or a crap sandwich with ketchup on it.

Americans want 4 simple things.

1. Keep/save social security
2. Keep/save medicare
3. Cut defense
4. Enact tax equality on the Super wealthy not paying 30% of their income to taxes.

pretty simple right? Democrats didn't focus on saving anything, other then being a wedge against repeal. Instead they have spent more money on new social programs, and spent more money we didn't have.

Republicans, God forbid we ever decrease the size of the military budget. They went nuts when Obama declined the rate of growth, which isn't a cut. And they would like to see social security and medicare be repealed.

This is why I vote third party.
Yeah, this is basically it

Old 02-05-2014, 07:10 AM

275 posts, read 193,315 times
How can you lose when you promise free stuff? It's a simpleton idea really. Dems want someone else to support them, tea party wants people to work to support themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies