Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:31 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
How are Republicans and Tea Partiers different? Are you saying Republicans support ACA?
I just hope you dems keep defending the ACA it will make electing a republican senate easy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 09:38 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Your missing the fact that the average Tea Partier supports Medicare, SS, Defense Spending, and Medicaid as it applies to seniors. This is hardly small government. The Tea Party is taking us down the road to bankruptcy. Ever heard of a Tea Partier calling for cuts to Medicare?? You never have and you never will. Same with Defense and SS.
Again where is the option to opt out of SS?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bill Maher rocks!
Odanny if your against people collecting the benefits they have paid for then the obvious solution is ramp down SS over the next century. That is how long it would take unless the younger generation is willing to pay into it and not take a dime.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
HuffPo. Trust you to have a radical left link.

So you advocate the killing off of the elderly.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
I think the 'kid' is running a scam. He's not a kid at all.
I worked 34 years and now am on SS and Medicare. I deserve both.
If you want to talk about reform that's all well and good but don't forget that millions are still paying in and expecting a return on their money.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Quote:
You have to love the Tea Party for their willingness to cut off Snap, ACA, Schip, EITC, School Lunches while they schedule their knee, hip, triple bypass, tranplants and stay in intensive care at $10,000 per day.. who said the Tea Party doesnt have a sense of humor??
So a program they paid into, by your definition they don't get to use? Why?
1.) It takes an unusually sick, fanatical breed of liberal to point to a group of people who have had their savings and resources taken from them by force for year after year, and who are determined to get it back....

....and try to pretend that their desire to get at least some of it back, constitutes "approval" of the thefts in the first place!

(little borregokid has had this pointed out to him many times, but seems impervious to learning. He just abandons the thread, waits a few days for people to forget that his fibs have already been debunked, and then starts a new thread and presents the same thing again as "fact". He's been doing it for months now)

2.) Why Do Rural Counties In America Vote Republican

3.) http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2040654-really-bad-government-control-healthcare-3.html#post33259327

4.) http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2035911-chuck-schumer-shows-ugly-face-liberalism-2.html#post33160455

5.) http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1994502-would-obamacare-offficials-prosecuted-fed-govt-3.html#post32287125

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 02-10-2014 at 11:18 AM..

Old 02-10-2014, 11:16 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I am Canadian and even I know that much. It truly amazes me how many Americans really don't seem to understand the concept.

Using "tea party" and "Republican" interchangeably is just as ignorant as using "welfare recipient" and "Liberal" interchangeably. One has precious little to do with the other.

On another note, I really don't get the contempt the Tea Party brings out in the rabid left. From what I understand, they want little more than less government interference in their lives, less involvement in foreign wars and a stronger adherence to the principals of the U.S. Constitution. Would these things not improve the life of the average American or am I missing something here?
The US has a government propaganda machine formerly known as the free press. They use their resources to create politically expedient propaganda for the Obama administration. Misinformation and projectioism are their best weapons. An uninformed and unaware population plays right into their hands.

The media tried to create a wall st protest movement and even named them the 99% as if they represented 99% of the US population. When that group went violent eveyone backed away. All was not lost as the documented violence commited by the WSPs was projected upon the t-party. projectionism is an effective startegy used by Dems and only possible with the aid of the media and lack of awareness by the citizens.

It is the tolerance of institutional government waste that deprives the needy of help. Somehow the magnitude of the legacy waste is lost on rabid political advocates who chirp and bark at shadows, satisfied to make political hay at the sacrifice of those they pretend to help.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
1.) It takes an unusually sick, fanatical breed of liberal.......
To make up such a blatent lie, that he really believes people will not read his links....

I'm still waiting for the OP to provide, where in that article it say anything about repubs and their grand children....

Old 02-10-2014, 12:28 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
I like to use Tea Party interchangeably with Republican Party..Anything wrong with that?
Yes, along with just about everything else you post.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If young people would buy smaller houses they could buy their own food for their children like I did. I also have paid more into Medicare than I have ever used.
Statistically, most will eventually use more than they paid into Medicare.

Over a lifetime, an average male would have “earned” through payroll taxes only about one-third of their Medicare benefits.

Sorry, Seniors, You Didn't Pay for (All of) That - Forbes

From its inception, Medicare relied on general revenues and deficit spending to make ends meet.
Somewhere along the way, one would have thought it made some sense to peg Medicare Payroll deductions to medical inflation. The last time Medicare payroll taxes increased was 28 years ago.

The baby boom is the first generation to have paid into Medicare their entire working lives. Their contributions helped to fund the shortfall of the prior generations. The sheer size of the aging baby boom will force changes:

Benefits capped at contribution rates on a means tested a basis.
Congress to enable Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices and mobile medical devices.
Death with dignity will be an option.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-10-2014 at 01:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies