Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:58 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem isn't that its circular, the problem is its wrong. Just state the truth. Its the easiest answer and one that will never get you caught in a lie.

if you didn't just say so. Unless you routinely tell lies and someone doesn't believe you, so what. If its true you have no worries about a college buddy coming forward.

If you have just say so. I simply do not understand this Line of reasoning. I support the legalization BUT I at least I respect an answer like this....

Yes when I was young like many young students I tried pot. I know how it affects your ability to drive etc etc etc....just because I did something wrong does not make it OK. I have had more than a couple colleagues get caught driving drunk. Does that mean they should then support drunk driving?

We have far far too many politicians willing to either outright lie to get what they want or that refuse to be straightforward in their positions.

It makes little difference here though as its pretty clear Rubio has topped out in his career. I say that noting that topping out as a politician is still looking up at the slugs belly.
//////////////////////////////////
No, this runs deep to a legalization of a drug that could turn our society into mush. Its funny is all data the pro pot researchers put out in countered by others who stating term effect are harmful.

This is a non question and if we were very serious about this everyone in Gov would have you take a pee test. If you were serious?

Rubio answered just fine and there are few people in DC that could set the example to our youth. Remember he chose not to answer, he did not say he smoke in his earlier years.

I hate smoking of any flavor and its a nasty habit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 05:08 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
//////////////////////////////////
No, this runs deep to a legalization of a drug that could turn our society into mush. Its funny is all data the pro pot researchers put out in countered by others who stating term effect are harmful.

This is a non question and if we were very serious about this everyone in Gov would have you take a pee test. If you were serious?

Rubio answered just fine and there are few people in DC that could set the example to our youth. Remember he chose not to answer, he did not say he smoke in his earlier years.

I hate smoking of any flavor and its a nasty habit!
Its not your business to tell someone they can or can not smoke pot. You remind me of the idiots who like Carry Nation that fought for Temperance. It was a disaster, I would bet you next months rent payment that you know many people who smoke pot and if your a parent or grandparent your kids or grand-kids smoke it and you don't even know it. Your obviously oblivious to the reality of how nu-dangerous it is and how destructive the law are against it. The cost of incarceration and court to the way it stigmatizes some so they can not get jobs and go on welfare. Your thinking is so idiotic its almost like someone saying we need to put the 18th amendment back in place. Like it was a good thing. Alcohol is much more dangerous a drug then Marijuana is, and pot has a lot of legitimate medical uses. Its not a gateway drug, its not possible to OD on it, and the most dangerous thing is to boxes of twinkies life span. No one has ever went on a alcoholic tear and beat up a wife or girlfriend or kid on it, no one has torn up a bar or hotel room. The worst that happens is someone puts a dent in a couch from flopping in it. Ya stupid closed minded people who don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:20 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Speaking of politicians who change their mind....

How about the famous Harvard Law grad who has switched his positions on :

gay marriage – once agin’, now in favor;

war against Syria – once in favor of, now agin’;

executive orders overturning law - once agin’, now in favor;

and immediate implementation of ObamaCare -for, against, for, against, for – stay tuned on this one.

I hope Rubio did try marijuana. Anybody of his age who didn't is probably a dweeb.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:26 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I happen to think his answer was right on: first it isn't anyone's business if he did or didn't try it as a young person and the answer to the question is a no win!!! regardless. I give him credit for knowing when not to answer. I had read about his answer a couple of days ago.
I think the interviewer wanted it to be a gotcha! moment. However, there is a win to this.

He could admit he used it in order to have an informed opinion based on personal experience. For example, he tried marijuana, but found it made him lazy, worthless and stupid without any ambition or desire to succeed. He decided in order to get on track and be a successful American leader, he needed to have a clear head, stop the marijuana, so he can focus on that goal.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think the interviewer wanted it to be a gotcha! moment. However, there is a win to this.

He could admit he used it in order to have an informed opinion based on personal experience. For example, he tried marijuana, but found it made him lazy, worthless and stupid without any ambition or desire to succeed. He decided in order to get on track and be a successful American leader, he needed to have a clear head, stop the marijuana, so he can focus on that goal.
If that was true it's not saying anything different than what I said. If not he would simply be lying not unlike so many others before him.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:37 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Oh, scandalous!

Okay, this is boring. Let's move back to yapping about a bridge closure. Or, anything to keep the focus off the country's ACTUAL scandals and problems...

Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If that was true it's not saying anything different than what I said. If not he would simply be lying not unlike so many others before him.
Honesty would be refreshing. With the answer he gave, it just seems like he's another career politician worrying about his reelection.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:02 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Its not your business to tell someone they can or can not smoke pot. You remind me of the idiots who like Carry Nation that fought for Temperance. It was a disaster, I would bet you next months rent payment that you know many people who smoke pot and if your a parent or grandparent your kids or grand-kids smoke it and you don't even know it. Your obviously oblivious to the reality of how nu-dangerous it is and how destructive the law are against it. The cost of incarceration and court to the way it stigmatizes some so they can not get jobs and go on welfare. Your thinking is so idiotic its almost like someone saying we need to put the 18th amendment back in place. Like it was a good thing. Alcohol is much more dangerous a drug then Marijuana is, and pot has a lot of legitimate medical uses. Its not a gateway drug, its not possible to OD on it, and the most dangerous thing is to boxes of twinkies life span. No one has ever went on a alcoholic tear and beat up a wife or girlfriend or kid on it, no one has torn up a bar or hotel room. The worst that happens is someone puts a dent in a couch from flopping in it. Ya stupid closed minded people who don't have a clue of what they are talking about.
About half of what you just said is BS and the other half is a borderline lie. The fundamental question remains, why do some of you insist on giving people the right to be a pothead?

Why is it so important for some of you to see people have the "right" to get baked as often as they like? How does legalization and general consumption of marijuana improve anything?

And why do so many of you continue with this lie about everyone being in jail for smoking pot or for the possession of marijuana? Most people in prison for drug related offenses are NOT in there for weed, it's not even close.

What does anyone gain from any of this other than creating a culture of possible druggies and addicts?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:05 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I've sped down the highway - does that mean I can't think that there shouldn't be speed limits?
It means you should be able to admit to speeding.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Well.... another authoritarian, big government statist that won't be getting my vote come election day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies