Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:09 PM

878 posts, read 738,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Hillary wasn't thrown under the bus. Obama's election team out campaigned Clinton's team. IMO the Clinton team assumed that she would not be significantly challenged, where as the Obama team from the beginning organized a 50 state campaign.
So who do you think was more experienced for the job, Hillary or Obama and explain in detail why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,868,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
So who do you think was more experienced for the job, Hillary or Obama and explain in detail why?
Neither.

Neither of them had any meaningful experience that you could point to and say "that will help them if they get elected president".

You've had 5+ years of seeing how Obama's paper-thin resume hasn't served him well. Do you really think that Monica Lewinsky's boyfriend's wife would fare much better?

Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,850,877 times
Quote:
Both Hillary and Obama clearly proved to have better judgement than McCain when McCain selected Palin as his running mate.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:17 PM

878 posts, read 738,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Both Hillary and Obama clearly proved to have better judgement than McCain when McCain selected Palin as his running mate.
You must of not comprehended my question. Here it is again:

Old 02-13-2014, 12:32 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,850,877 times
Quote:
You must of not comprehended my question. Here it is again:

I comprehended your question. What difference does it make?

When selecting a candidate to vote for the only thing that matters is the complete package vs the opposing candidate. Both Clinton and Obama were a better choice than McCain/Palin. Both Obama and Clinton are pretty close politically speaking. Clinton lost because she was out-campaigned, not because of her level of experience or her political positions vs Obama.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
What's your point? Gerald Ford was more experienced at being president than Jimmy Carter and Carter won. Carter was more experienced than Reagan and Reagan won. Bush Sr. was more experienced than Bill Clinton and Clinton won.

Clearly, being the more experienced candidate does not mean you win the contest--whether it's a primary or general election. There are many factors.

Do you have a hypothesis about the 2008 primary?

Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,669,155 times
1. There is no such thing as the "Democrat Party'.

2. Candidates are chosen by voters. I think one of the decisive factors was that Obama had been right abou Iraq and Clinton was wrong. This is coupled with the fact that she never acknowledged that she had been wrong in supporting Bush's invasion of Iraq, which provided no assurance that she would not make the same mistake in the future.

3. I saw them as being pretty close ideologically--very moderate, neither one as liberal as I would like. I thought Edwards, because he made fighting poverty the heart of his campaign, had a lot to offer. Obviously he also had at least one glaring flaw so it was good that he wasn't our nominee.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,720,478 times
Less experienced people get elected than others all the time. In the work place less experienced people get promoted. A lot of times people are promoted or elected on the basis of what people think they will be like in office. If you go back to the "experience" level their are a whole lot of people in this country who would elect someone who had been court-martialed and forced out of the service because he had "military experience" over a Harvard Graduate and Senator.

Why not ask why Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz is better qualified than HC?

Old 02-13-2014, 12:44 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You are exactly right. You claim Obama had charisma, I claim people did not want another Clinton right after Bush II.

I could no more prove my contention than you proved yours by your post.
It wasn't that claim I was disagreeing with, in fact I think there is some truth to your comment and I even alluded to some hard feelings the unions might have had as well.

Where I differed was when you said she bade her time like she intentionally tanked it or didn't try hard.
Perhaps we are just miscommunicating but she in no way didn't try her hardest and sat back for Obama.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:46 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,958,241 times
The "Democrat" Party.

In case you did not know it's "The Democratic Party.

The members are called Democrats.

Or didn't you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies