Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 12:03 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times

Advertisements

Classic!!!!!!!!!!Al Sharpton has been a let down. He's nothing but a hack for the DNC as of late.

AL SHARPTON AND CORNEL WEST GO AT IT OVER OBAMA! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 12:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Cornel was on point.

Sharpton did have a point though about how collectively as "black people" we need to do more and not expect Obama to do everything.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:41 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Cornel was on point.

Sharpton did have a point though about how collectively as "black people" we need to do more and not expect Obama to do everything.
Sharpton is nothing but a grenade throwing, gasbag opportunist! I REFUSE to refer to him as a reverend.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:51 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Yep....I am down with Cornell and Tavis. My criticism of black folk is that we did not read the fine print when America elected a black President. The fine print is that from hence forth......the black struggle is null and void and will never again be recognized as a legitimate struggle, despite pervasive socioeconomic racial inequality. Plus, the fact that black folks did not hold Obama feet to the fire, like we have done with other Presidents about this condition of inequality, means that we cannot hold future presidents feet to the fire going forward. We cannot refuse to ask Obama "what are you going to do for us" and then attempt to ask that question to future presidents, in this representative republic. Is this not a representative form of democracy where politicians are elected to REPRESENT the will and interest of the people? Are not black people both American and people? Thus, why do some people say "he is not president of black people, but all of America"......does that mean that black interest are not part of "All of America" or is it that they know America would have never tolerated or elected such a president? I say if you cannot represent the people....then what is your use?

Now....that having been said....I am not a proxy for the RIGHT. Not wanting Obama does not mean that I want the Republican choice or option....because I don't.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Big news! Two blacks disagree about something. How profound.

Is it similarly newsworthy that Savage and Hannity can't stand each other?

Old 10-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yep....I am down with Cornell and Tavis. My criticism of black folk is that we did not read the fine print when America elected a black President. The fine print is that from hence forth......the black struggle is null and void and will never again be recognized as a legitimate struggle, despite pervasive socioeconomic racial inequality. Plus, the fact that black folks did not hold Obama feet to the fire, like we have done with other Presidents about this condition of inequality, means that we cannot hold future presidents feet to the fire going forward. We cannot refuse to ask Obama "what are you going to do for us" and then attempt to ask that question to future presidents, in this representative republic. Is this not a representative form of democracy where politicians are elected to REPRESENT the will and interest of the people? Are not black people both American and people? Thus, why do some people say "he is not president of black people, but all of America"......does that mean that black interest are not part of "All of America" or is it that they know America would have never tolerated or elected such a president? I say if you cannot represent the people....then what is your use?

Now....that having been said....I am not a proxy for the RIGHT. Not wanting Obama does not mean that I want the Republican choice or option....because I don't.
Perception is not truth. you can continue to ask of any President what ever you want, no one can stop you because that is your right as an American.

And you need to also realize that the President does not have to get on a stage and say "This is for black people" for something to actually help black people.

What do you think SBA loans for Minorities are for ? What about Rural and innercity development zones ? Grants for community development ( building community centers, parks, career centers, job training facilities , funding after school programs) ? What do you think Free GED classes are for ? reduced college tuition for mothers ? expansions of medicaid ?

Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

apparently LOL

Old 10-12-2013, 01:44 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I didn't know Savage and Hannity disagreed. What's that about?

Old 10-12-2013, 02:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I didn't know Savage and Hannity disagreed. What's that about?
It's because one is a loudmouthed idiot and the other is an obsequious Republican myrmidon... and while those traits aren't normally mutually exclusive, it's a bad cocktail in the case of those two.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:03 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Stupid, idiotic fools have elected scumbag Al Sharpton...just like they have elected scumbag Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies