Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why is it always "do as I say, not as I do"?
It's not 0 0%
They are confused 0 0%
They like to be the boss 6 66.67%
Other 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 10:43 PM

6 posts, read 6,999 times

Advertisements

People want to have each other's rights quelled but when an innocent Black person gets frisked and when an innocent White cop almost gets sentenced to prison for defending himself against a lethal threat, they will both be saying that the system is not working properly when it comes back to haunt them. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 10:47 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
I dunno?

Old 08-22-2015, 11:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
because everything is about control. the ruling elite want to control the population in any manner that they can. so they lay out what they want us to do, under the guise of the rule of law or regulation. they force us into little boxes, but they can essentially do what they want because they feel they are above the law.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:30 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times
Because most politicians are sociopaths at some level. They will say anything to get power, and fundamentally regard themselves as above the law.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:23 AM

549 posts, read 625,842 times
Or like how Donald Trump wants illegal immigrants to go back home....yet hires illegals to build his hotels.

Or how Trump the Dump whines about outsourcing...yet his clothing line MADE IN MEXICO and CHINA.

Hypocrisy is simply a virture amongst today's GOP loony teabaggers.

The GOP's new slogan: "Do As I Say, Not As I Do"

Old 08-24-2015, 06:17 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Or like how Donald Trump wants illegal immigrants to go back home....yet hires illegals to build his hotels.

Or how Trump the Dump whines about outsourcing...yet his clothing line MADE IN MEXICO and CHINA.

Hypocrisy is simply a virture amongst today's GOP loony teabaggers.

The GOP's new slogan: "Do As I Say, Not As I Do"
Or how Obama whines about income inequality then pays women much less than men.

Or how Bernie whines about raising the minimum wage but pays his people much less than his proposed minimum.

Or how Al Gore preaches about CO2 and then produces more CO2 every year than 10 average households.

The Dem's new slogan: "Do As I Say, Not As I Do"

Old 08-24-2015, 07:56 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,995 times
Because people are stupid and arrogant.

/thread.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:57 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Wouldn't it be a treat to have a politician that actually walks the talk and lives his life appropriately according to his beliefs and values.

There is no such thing as an honest politician though they try and trick us to believe there is.

It is crazy how Obama tells us we all need to cut our emmissions yet he goes jetting all over the world. He just finished his vacation on Marthas Vineyard. I lived there when he visited there before and it is a small island that gets packed with tourists in the Summer. Whenever Obama went out to get an ice cream he would take at least a dozen vehicles snarling up half the island as he shut down roads. All those hundreds of idling cars for an ice cream. Crazy.

All the politicians Rep and Dems all have an air about them that their poop doesn't stink. They are the ruling elite supposedly working for the little man.
Why do you think Trump is so popular? It is because he is a total reversal of the political system and he tells it like it is which is refreshing for a change.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:34 AM

259 posts, read 178,948 times
Look at your lives and count the number of truly honest, principled, trustworthy people you deal with. Not to mention, look in the mirror and see if you count as one of them. I'm willing to bet you won't find too many of those kind of people. This political hypocrisy is simply an extension of the personal hypocrisy that runs amok around and possibly in you.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:35 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Expression is known as Vanguardism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies